ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can your opinion of UL be changed?

ZenCatFan73

Junior
Dec 19, 2015
Tatooine
Hypothetical Question - Say UL Athletics did a 180 and hired a truly classy, AD, B-Ball coach, and eventually FB coach, could your view of them ever change? I was pondering this, and I'm not sure mine ever could. My biggest issue is their fans. I'd be interested to see everyone's opinions.

Hypothetical Question - Say UL Athletics did a 180 and hired a truly classy, AD, B-Ball coach, and eventually FB coach, could your view of them ever change? I was pondering this, and I'm not sure mine ever could. My biggest issue is their fans. I'd be interested to see everyone's opinions.
Nope i will always hate them with the intensity of 10,000 white hot suns and hope they lose every game they play

If they had truly burned the program to the ground and started fresh, I'd consider respecting them. But the fact that they installed a silly puppet to the current regime in Padgett (who very likely knew about all that has transpired) makes me laugh at how idiotic they truly are. That will apparently never change.

It would take A LOT to change my opinion of them. It's not just the coaches and administrators, it's the whole culture of their athletics department. If they truly changed the entire culture I would consider not rooting against them, but their fans make it really hard not to hate them.

No I have hated them them since the 60's. Back when Peck Heckman, and John Dromo were coaching. I really disliked them even more when Crum arrived, and made wild claims about his players being better than UK's players. Ricky Gallon being better than either Rick Robey or Mike Phillips.

Last edited:
UL has a decade or more of work to do to restore any semblance of a reputation, as a university and as a sports program. Two decent coaching hires won't even begin to make up for almost 20 years of corruption and sacrificing of the university's academic mission on the altar of bigtime sports.

It is not the school per say that i hate. It is the people who cheer for the school that causes this feeling i have. Well that and the con game the whole sports department ran for years.

But after so long, even if they shaved their line beards, stopped the stupid first name basis of players, got rid of Crown Royal as the official drink of the fan base, got rid of the stupid L's up, L1C4, and other bullshit, i still could never like them. Too much damage has been done.

My opinion of otis could definitely change—for the worse—depending on the next scandal they become embroiled in. [cheers]

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
My hatred of UofL runs deep...but that said...due to Pitino and Jurich being gone it could certainly make me hate them less.

Never, they'll still be "OTIS" and no way will they ever get 1 cent from me that has anything to do with U of L period. I.E. going to the Chicken Center for whatever is being hosted there or any other event /events being hosted by U of L.....

When does hell freeze over?

Never, they'll still be "OTIS" and no way will they ever get 1 cent from me that has anything to do with U of L period. I.E. going to the Chicken Center for whatever is being hosted there or any other event /events being hosted by U of L.....
Otis =U6

No I have hated them them since the 60's. Back when Peck Heckman, and John Dromo were coaching. I really disliked them even more when Crum arrived, and made wild claims about his players being better than UK's players. Ricky Gallon being better than either Rick Roby or Melvin Turpin.
Think you mean Robey and Phillips...MT was a few years later.

I'll start down that road when I find a a UL fan who's sorry for something other than getting caught. Most of them still pine for Jurich.

its their fans that make them the worst...the fact that their fans were completely ok with their coach and university having multiple scandals tells you all you need to know about the average u6 fan

These sentiments are exactly what I feel as well. There is no remorse. They're always victims, just like their coach. Win at all costs.

Reactions: Ugoff
tenor.gif

These sentiments are exactly what I feel as well. There is no remorse. They're always victims, just like their coach. Win at all costs.
Take a look at their scout board thread about Jurich's interview:

https://scout.com/college/louisvill...rviews-tom-on-WHAS-11-at-11-tonight-109709254

Oct 30, 3:39 PMvia Mobile

Hrflossy said... (original post)

.......I'm ok.

I love him to much and nothing he says will change anything. He is still gone, and we still have to move on.

I will always have a place in my heart for Jurich, Coach P and Ramsey.....but nothing they say will change where we are right now.

FlossY Out...
peace.gif

My thoughts exactly. Hope Tom wins his lawsuit. I know that hurts Louisville but he got totally screwed

Take a look at their scout board thread about Jurich's interview:

https://scout.com/college/louisvill...rviews-tom-on-WHAS-11-at-11-tonight-109709254

Oct 30, 3:39 PMvia Mobile

Hrflossy said... (original post)

.......I'm ok.

I love him to much and nothing he says will change anything. He is still gone, and we still have to move on.

I will always have a place in my heart for Jurich, Coach P and Ramsey.....but nothing they say will change where we are right now.

FlossY Out...
peace.gif

My thoughts exactly. Hope Tom wins his lawsuit. I know that hurts Louisville but he got totally screwed

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT