ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bat Cats!

I'm not a baseball fan by any stretch but I've been checking in on the Cats. I know the SEC is always a beast and they're mowing down the comp. Keep it up Cats!

Reactions: Fox2monk
UK baseball is looking strong. Going to my best friend’s house who’s a UT fan. Gonna do a few screen repairs on his pool cage for him. Gonna have a few drinks and talk shit. It’s good to be a UK fan with a rival buddy. Looking to see what Pope can do this season but until then let’s root for the Bat Cats. Looking forward to tomorrows game.
Well played sir… well played 👌

They are having a fantastic year this year . This weekend it’s #3 UT , next weekend #20 South Carolina , and then the weekend after #2 Arkansas. It sure is a gauntlet of teams in the SEC for baseball.

They are having a fantastic year this year . This weekend it’s #3 UT , next weekend #20 South Carolina , and then the weekend after #2 Arkansas. It sure is a gauntlet of teams in the SEC for baseball.
Depending on the rankings you look at. Four SEC teams at the top of the rankings. UK #3 and just beat the #4 team. Let’s take the series today and sweep tomorrow!

Reactions: Wildcat_In_Florida
Mods…serious question:

Why is it the other sports can be posted as an OT in another board, but anytime anything promoting the Bat Cats is posted on another board it gets moved?

Reactions: bluecoon1
Nobody thought our Baseball team would be a national title contender. Still a lot of tough games ahead, but damn they prove their worth with each game.
Making me look bad. Have been calling for Mingione's head for 2 or 3 years now. Hopefully it's not a one hit wonder thing and I can continue to eat crow.

Making me look bad. Have been calling for Mingione's head for 2 or 3 years now. Hopefully it's not a one hit wonder thing and I can continue to eat crow.
One thing that is missed about CNM is that he has only had 1 losing season since he has been here. Personally I think that is remarkable considering our tradition and playing in the SEC. Going forward, I think the last 2 years will be what we see more of. There will be down years (look at LSU and UF). But winning will be the norm.

Reactions: backinky2018

I too was a detractor. I have said if multiple times, but I think that hiring Roszel and the transfer portal have saved Mingione. As long as those two persist, I think he can compete. Roszel has been nothing short of amazing putting together complete bullpens with guys that aren't top talents. Prior to the transfer portal we were leaning heavily on JUCO and were lacking in high school player development and recruiting. It wasn't working. Just not enough talent there and JUCO kids were often apt to go pro if they were highly ranked. With transfers, UK's staff has done an amazing job identifying talented college kids that can play SEC baseball.

Next year may be a hell of a test though. We have a lot of draft eligible guys this season.

I too was a detractor. I have said if multiple times, but I think that hiring Roszel and the transfer portal have saved Mingione. As long as those two persist, I think he can compete. Roszel has been nothing short of amazing putting together complete bullpens with guys that aren't top talents. Prior to the transfer portal we were leaning heavily on JUCO and were lacking in high school player development and recruiting. It wasn't working. Just not enough talent there and JUCO kids were often apt to go pro if they were highly ranked. With transfers, UK's staff has done an amazing job identifying talented college kids that can play SEC baseball.

Next year may be a hell of a test though. We have a lot of draft eligible guys this season.
Still a backhanded compliment there. Giving Rozel credit instead of Mingione.

I think he redeemed himself somewhat last year, but should be a COY finalist at the rate they’re going this year.

Though they’re getting thumped out of the gate today. Gonna be a bullpen game. Almost hope they get run ruled just to preserve a couple of innings worth of arm use that will likely be needed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Still a backhanded compliment there. Giving Rozel credit instead of Mingione.

Mingione hired him. It was a great hire. Mingione and his staff adjusted to the new rules of college athletics and we've profited. Nothing backhanded about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT