ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart never contacted Donovan, Pope was a top candidate all along?

Ain’t he from Kansas? Starting to wonder if he’s secretly been working for bill self all this time

Here’s the funny thing about most boosters. They’re just a bunch of old rich dudes with money. That doesn’t mean they know ish about basketball. And this sorta proves it.
It's like they didn't want to get burned by another Cal putting UK last that they went out and overcompensated the other direction.

It’ll be interesting to hear what comes out in the next day. I would hope someone connected to UK at least reached out to Donovan. If not, that’s bad..

Reactions: ArcticChar
And the boosters are ok with the hire? Wow! Stunned!
Take it with a grain of salt, Matt Jones just now said this is a Mitch and Capilouto decision, that Pope was one of 5 on the "next group" list after the swing for the fences group, that most of that first list said no and Mitch wasn't going to wait on Donovan, 2 of the next 5 were eliminated for "background issues" (got to be Beard and someone else imo), and then of Shaka Smart, Pope, and an unknown someone else, they picked Pope.

This on paper is the worst basketball hire of any Kentucky basketball coach.

Everyone else had a resume that at least had some success. Pope has NONE!

Hall was an assistant to Rupp at least
Sutton - Final Four at Arkansas
Pitino- Final Four at Providence
Tubby- Three Sweet 16s
Billy- One Sweet 16
Cal- Runner-up, two final fours
Pope- Four CBIs, 0-2 in the ncaa tourney

• Angry
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Not contacting Donovan is inexcusable. But i’m on board with Pope. No way will i crap on one of our own before he gets the chance to show what he can do. If you’re unhappy with it, speak your mind. But point it toward Mitch, not Pope.

Didn’t Pope come into Rupp and about take Cal out with Utah State or something a few years ago.

Seems like we pulled one out of our butts late or something

These are the people calling out Calipari supports. Imagine fan’s supporting their coach being a bad thing. You see who these frauds really are and what they really think.
Another one. Bye.

Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

• Haha
Reactions: MO_Blue and ib4ky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT