ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar to enter draft

Good Luck Oscar thanks for 2 years!

He’s gone this has been said numerous times by people in the know around here! Cal’s got his 5 freshmen coming in that’s taking everyone’s place. If he has to plug anyone in he will get them from the transfer portal. I just don’t get why anyone is surprised anymore as each player comes out everyday to tell us they’re leaving!

Oscar not a yes player questioning CAL’s coaching or lack their of does make you wonder why Oscar leaving guaranteed NIL to probably not make as much
What exactly do we know about his NIL deals? Would he make $2 million if he was on the wrong side of the coaching staff and was expected to play a reduced role?

I truly don't believe Cal wants Oscar back
Yeah my thinking as well.Kind of funny that Calipari announced for Oscar but I have a feeling both didn't see eye to eye this past season anyway.Thanks for 2 years of being a rebounding machine Oscar,it's a shame things didn't go better during your stay but it's time to move on,if for nothing else,your own sanity

So maybe the " maybe staying " part is he goes undrafted and can come back ? Because I dont see him getting drafted .. but my vision is lacking on NBA prospects .. I dont watch it .

That's what I was thinking, hence my comment about how it was interesting that Cal came out and commented on it prior to Oscar making any kind of an announcement. He doesn't usually do that.
I think he wants to publicize that fact now so he can tell Ugo's people, and possibly Dickinson or others, there's is an opening in the middle at UK.

Reactions: ManitouDan
What exactly do we know about his NIL deals? Would he make $2 million if he was on the wrong side of the coaching staff and was expected to play a reduced role?
IMO, he would still get plenty of NIL $, regardless of his relationship with coaches, or, his role on the team. Ppl LOVE Oscar & he’s been the face of the program the last 2 seasons. Most ppl/companies would probably still see him as the most recognizable face on the roster & he has a very likable personality, in the eyes of the general public. My only concern would be his eligibility for deals based on his citizenship status. But, it sure feels like he’s gone & is being nudged out the door, as you said. So, it’s probably a moot point.

That's what I was thinking, hence my comment about how it was interesting that Cal came out and commented on it prior to Oscar making any kind of an announcement. He doesn't usually do that.
Ought to be Cal‘s death knell. Two time AA a returning NPOY who express love of BBN and wants to return here someday. And Cal nudging him out the door.

Bout an anti UK move as it gets. Says a lot really.

I think he wants to publicize that fact now so he can tell Ugo's people, and possibly Dickinson or others, there's is an opening in the middle at UK.
The past two days Have made me want Dickinson at Kentucky even less each day. He is worst defender than Oscar and will force the offense to slow down and be built around him. No thank you, get ware or handlogten, and then kneucht or bamba, another shooter and call it a day

Will always make me kinda sad Oscar didn’t get a tourney run that he deserved. Oscar should have been in a final four and gotten that spotlight, but other factors and some of his own got in the way. But Oscar was great here and he will be missed for sure
Sometimes in this world you don’t get what you deserve. That’s just life. It’s ugly and unfair.

We had the NPOY and had him return and won a grand total of THREE post season games.

Cal is a damn caricature at this point.

Sometimes in this world you don’t get what you deserve. That’s just life. It’s ugly and unfair.

We had the NPOY and had him return and won a grand total of THREE post season games.

Cal is a damn caricature at this point.
Crazy thing is Oscar played his ass off all 3 games, and because of poor offensive performances from everybody else and CALs terrible roster construction, Kentucky never made the sweet 16 once with a generational type of player for the college game, that will never sit right with me

Crazy thing is Oscar played his ass off all 3 games, and because of poor offensive performances from everybody else and CALs terrible foster construction, Kentucky never made the sweet 16 once with a generational type of player for the college game, that will never sit right with me
It’s what has turned me off from Cal. Ridiculous you can’t build a team around that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT