ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State Thread?

I think that was a poor decision to run themselves out of an out and any more potential runs.

Hate winning in a blowout game one, to be honest. Rather it be semi-close. Watched enough of these play out over the years. I think Georgia bounces back to win their series, gut-feeling.

• Sad
Reactions: vhcat70
When you’re up 10-0 there’s no reason to get cute with a double steal.

You do have a point, but our aggressive stances on the bases helped stress their defense, leading to a comedy of errors that gave us the 10 run lead. Two bad throws by the catcher, trying to pick off our guys leaning off third and then first.

And then a wild pitch by the pitcher.

They are a risk taking, small ball team, and given the season and last night’s results, it works for them.

You do have a point, but our aggressive stances on the bases helped stress their defense, leading to a comedy of errors that gave us the 10 run lead. Two bad throws by the catcher, trying to pick off our guys leaning off third and then first.

And then a wild pitch by the pitcher.

They are a risk taking, small ball team, and given the season and last night’s results, it works for them.
My thoughts on the double steal with a 10-run lead don’t apply when we’re playing Tennessee or an equally hated rival.

We had a couple other opportunities for big innings prior to the 7th; I was glad to see us blow the game open with aggressive base running and timely hitting.

Reactions: The-Hack
By having a non-close game (let's not call it a blowout),

Something about this struck me as worthy of Monte Pythons!!

“Whatever you do, don’t call it a “Blowout!”

May I call it a “sizable win?”

“Yes, but under your breath, and only to close friends and family, and family who are also close friends!”

[And now for something completely
different]

Oregon State is Dead!

“Their not dead, they are merely pining
for the Fiords!”

This baseball team is Dead; it has departed this world; it is deceased; it lives no more . . . .”

Last edited:
My thoughts on the double steal with a 10-run lead don’t apply when we’re playing Tennessee or an equally hated rival.

We had a couple other opportunities for big innings prior to the 7th; I was glad to see us blow the game open with aggressive base running and timely hitting.
It's shock and awe. Tonight, hopefully they're so preoccupied with steals and sacrifices, they'll be grooving fastballs and playing the bag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT