ADVERTISEMENT

One feeling I just don't have anymore.

That poster is always coming in here telling everyone they're fake fans who make him sick. Check his post history.
I always laugh when he uses”butthurt”. Do well functioning, grown men actually still say that?

I don't think feeling that way is a reality. We like to look back on the 90's and think "this is how Kentucky basketball is supposed to be." It's a different world. The SEC went from not caring about basketball to investing heavily into it.

The transfer portal has made it such that the best players eventually wind up at Power 5 schools. The talent was more spread out with a lot of GOOD players at Mid-majors. Mid-Majors still have good players. But, their best players are going to Power 5 schools. And the SEC has gotten stronger.

NIL has helped bring those transfers to Power 5 schools. NIL has also helped keep guys in school longer. If a school has a guy that's a 2nd rounder or on the fence of even being drafted--that NIL money can bring them back. Schools are getting better, more experienced teams.

The Covid extra eligibility has also led to guys staying around longer than before. We're seeing guys stick around until they're 24. Again, that's going to increase the overall talent in college basketball.

And I know a lot of people have the mindset "No excuses. This is Kentucky. Just win." But, that's not reality. You can't just put on the almighty jersey and beat everybody. It's a game played by players, not reputatioins. When the competition gets better, you're going to lose some games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT