ADVERTISEMENT

Oh boy...Cal saying Ivisic had food poisoning

Awkward Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Food poisoning is no joke. If you get it bad enough, it's a hospital visit due to dehydration. I had a touch of food poisoning once. I came close to going to ER. Luckily, I stopped going at both ends long enough to get my fluids back up. Didn't have an appetite for like a week.

Reactions: jrm693
Hope to "have him back" by Jan. after break. (Not that we've ever really had him fully playable yet...). "Food Poisoning" is complicated and hard - especially for a buzzard/UK Player.

Note - big difference in upset stomach after a meal and actual food poisoning - yet anything seen as getting sick after a meal is often said to be "food poisoning". From what Cal SAID (If even true) it sounded minor - just a reason to not be able to play this exhibition - but not serious. With Cal - who knows.

Lots of other potential reasons to be unable to play still possible - so settle in. Car wouldn't start, alarm didn't work, missed flight, missed bus, Uniform not clean, forgot shoes, soreness, sniffles, jammed finger...

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
None of the other players got it? I just assumed they all ate together yesterday since it was game day

Maybe he got it from something he didn't eat with the team.

I can't believe we have some morons on here thinking UK and Calipari are making up food poisoning.

Not directing the above at you but just some comments n thread (and I'm not talking about the clear joke/sarcasm ones either).

Reactions: Graham51
Coulda been a Kroger Stadium burger. They go down good but came back to haunt me twice. Never again.

Calipari said he practiced with the team Wednesday and had a “great” shootaround earlier Thursday, then came down with a case of food poisoning that sent him back to the lodge. There’s no exact timetable for clarity in his NCAA eligibility case, though Calipari did say after the game that he hopes to get a ruling in the next week. He remains confident Z will be cleared. - Ben Roberts' newsletter.

Calipari said he practiced with the team Wednesday and had a “great” shootaround earlier Thursday, then came down with a case of food poisoning that sent him back to the lodge. There’s no exact timetable for clarity in his NCAA eligibility case, though Calipari did say after the game that he hopes to get a ruling in the next week. He remains confident Z will be cleared. - Ben Roberts' newsletter.
Any word on the other international kids getting cleared yet?

Cal has zero credibility anymore.
With you. I find him quite credible.

In fact, I can't remember a time in which he said something different than what he did. Can you?

Situations do change. Many times something is exactly as described and then a week later it's different. Not just for Cal. For everyone. I have a work situation that I would describe completely different than I would have 2 weeks ago.

If you want to keep it to athletes, I'm a horse owner. We will have a horse work great in training. We are all excited and sure the horse is ready. We tell everyone that asks that we are ready. The race comes and we weren't ready. We weren't lying when we thought we were ready. We were just wrong.

Reactions: sk73 and Graham51
Food poisoning is no joke. If you get it bad enough, it's a hospital visit due to dehydration. I had a touch of food poisoning once. I came close to going to ER. Luckily, I stopped going at both ends long enough to get my fluids back up. Didn't have an appetite for like a week.
Follow me on this...nobody else on the team got food poisoning. Which means that either Big Z isn't eating with the team, or he didn't really get sick. If he isn't eating with the team, why not?

Follow me on this...nobody else on the team got food poisoning. Which means that either Big Z isn't eating with the team, or he didn't really get sick. If he isn't eating with the team, why not?
Does every player eat every meal with the team? Just wondering.

If you guys dislike our coach and administration so much, why are you here? Cheer for another team. It is exhausting to get on here every day seeing nothing but people criticizing our team, coach and administration. Go elsewhere please.
Childishly obvious attempt to conflate Cal criticism with not liking the team.
Cal would be so proud of this type of spin.

I'm sure they don't spend ALL their time together. There's no telling where he got it. He could have made a late night snack and got it. Who knows? Are we really going to break this down into this meta of a layer?

Hilarious. IF Cal had let him play, the same Cal haters in this thread would be bitching because he isn’t officially cleared by the NCAA.

Some people’s agenda is so obvious.

Does every single thing you put in your mouth happen in the company of your immediate family? You don’t think it is possible that he can go grab a bite by himself? That the only time he’s available to eat are when he is with the entire team???

Not doubting he was ill. Just find it curious he was the only one who got it considering the team presumably ate their pregame meal from the same source.

Could be an adjustment to a new diet. Depending on the individual and the changes, the body came take some time to adjust.

Even if so, I can see why cal just chose "food poisoning" as a simplified explanation rather than trying to get into the depths of it

I ate a hot dog in the Atlanta airport. I was vomiting before we made it to Vegas. Spent the next 5 days profusely sweating, shivering throwing up until I was straining muscles, hallucinating, and moaning in pain. I’m still mad at my parents for not taking me to the hospital. I threw up so much acid I couldn’t digest food for days… it just landed in my stomach and sat there. Man, I hope Cal is lying.

He needs NCAA clearance for that. State Law.

With you. I find him quite credible.

In fact, I can't remember a time in which he said something different than what he did. Can you?

Situations do change. Many times something is exactly as described and then a week later it's different. Not just for Cal. For everyone. I have a work situation that I would describe completely different than I would have 2 weeks ago.

If you want to keep it to athletes, I'm a horse owner. We will have a horse work great in training. We are all excited and sure the horse is ready. We tell everyone that asks that we are ready. The race comes and we weren't ready. We weren't lying when we thought we were ready. We were just wrong.
Sharpe. That whole fiasco was filled with deception. Did he ever learn the plays? Or what about the time he sent him to the scorers table and then called him back? He was just yanking the fanbase chain

Or how about our coach not lie to us everytime he opens his mouth? There's a reason we doubt everything he says. He constantly lies or deceives the fans all the time.

Cal to the UK fans:

Big Z gonna play tonight.
Bradshaw be back by Christmas.
Big O has a new toe....
What? You don't believe me??

• Haha
I feel the same way about Americans who always complain about America. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to be here.
If you don't like people who use their rights in America then maybe you should leave since you're not happy.

Does every single thing you put in your mouth happen in the company of your immediate family? You don’t think it is possible that he can go grab a bite by himself? That the only time he’s available to eat are when he is with the entire team???
What a monumentally unintelligent response. That's the best you've got? Rhetorical nonsense? You don't know much about basketball. You should read up on John Wooden. His teams did everything together, right down to learning how to put on their socks. As a head coach, I would be very careful about making sure my players didn't eat anything suspect. Case in point - Big Z got food poisoning. And clearly you have a problem with question marks - your posts look like those of a 15 year old girl.

Last edited:
Isn't it the job of our Assistants to taste everything the players are going to eat first to make sure it's OK? We need to fire the Assistants.
The straw men some of you are capable of put our Democrat politicians to shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT