ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Wagner to the Hogs

This is great. Cal will play him at point guard over Fland, and that's not a good thing for Arkansas. Plus, Cal likely goes with a three guard lineup with Davis at the 3, putting Knox on the bench.

That's going to lead to turmoil.

This is beautiful.
Yes. Either that or Knox has a starting promise and Thiero doesn't get a chance. I could see it going either way. Also, I'll go out on a limb and say Davis disappoints for them since he will be playing in a lesser offensive system(I'm assuming that with Welch gone it's back to Cal's old system).

I always said Calipari is a con man and when you see how little he valued his legacy at a blue blood (as compared to legacy guys like Self, goats like K, Roy, or older guys like Rupp ect.) it really shines through. He just doesn’t care about anything but making enemies and causing problems. It’s his DNA it’s who he is. At least we got the prime years out of him.

One thing that’s good about Calipari being a guy you want to lose, and it’s usually the opposite, is you don’t have to worry about him winning the big games that matter. When the tournament starts you know he’s going home before it begins. It’s not similar to hoping coach K gets put out, you KNOW Calipari is going to get put out. The only question is which team is going to do it.

I could see Calipari beating us at Rupp and we head to the final four while he’s a second round stop. He’s just not a good coach and his system is terrible for continuity and team success. I realize Arkansas is a smaller program that made this move to have some kind of relevancy, but I still would have rolled the dice on someone else. And Calipari will tank their program on the way out because he loves to fight it out instead of just being a coach. He doesn’t want anyone winning when he’s done he wants them to regret his absence. Should be fun watching.

Yes. Either that or Knox has a starting promise and Thiero doesn't get a chance. I could see it going either way. Also, I'll go out on a limb and say Davis disappoints for them since he will be playing in a lesser offensive system(I'm assuming that with Welch gone it's back to Cal's old system).
Thiero deserves whatever happens to him at Arkansas.

I’m sorry, I should have put a trigger warning on a video of UK beating the brakes off of west Virginia. I forgot how upsetting that was.

Calipari is trash that’s why he was ran out of here. Nobody cares. For every video like that you don’t even want to know what I can begin to post.

Evansville
Oakland
Robert Morris
Beat downs by Duke
Vanderbilt
St. Peters
UNC Wilmington

This at KENTUCKY. enjoy the Arkansas beat downs there will be plenty.

Calipari is trash that’s why he was ran out of here. Nobody cares. For every video like that you don’t even want to know what I can begin to post.

Evansville
Oakland
Robert Morris
Beat downs by Duke
Vanderbilt
St. Peters
UNC Wilmington

This at KENTUCKY. enjoy the Arkansas beat downs there will be plenty.
My apologies to you too. I know UK success is against your agenda and burns your skin. My thoughts and prayers are with as you obsess over Arkansas.

This is great. Cal will play him at point guard over Fland, and that's not a good thing for Arkansas. Plus, Cal likely goes with a three guard lineup with Davis at the 3, putting Knox on the bench.

That's going to lead to turmoil.

This is beautiful.
Seems likely given the lineup awesomeness CCC is prone to

Cal has no clue how to attack a zone defense. He craps his pants every time someone throws a 1-3-1 defense at him.
Every time, you can rewind the tape and see the same flabbergasted look on his face like oh nosies the 1-3-1 again😱 like he gave up even trying to defend it, well, because he's too lazy to TEACH it his Begoky self, so he knows already the kids on the floor aren't used to it so it's a wrap.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
You just know it's going to be Thiero and I hate that for him, kid works too hard to be left on bench like that.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Thank GOD maybe the simping for Wagner and Thiero will stop from our BBN'ers. and no matter what you seen on Thiero's list, we werent making an effort to recruit him so he just had us on there to boost his list, probably trying to get U of Calipari to bid more NIL. Pope didnt want them and I dont blame him, they havent been through traditional practices, traditional game planning, running zones, presses etc. They'd basically be freshmen again and if you are going to do that, might as well go for the players you want.

Link

It will be interesting to see how Wagner fits into their rotation.
I hate to admit it but Wagner makes them so much better. What I saw with Wagner was a player that could get to the basket with ease. Those shots he short armed last year, won’t happen this year. He will be a year stronger and he will probably one of the top guards in the SEC if, yes if,he gets to play and not sit the bench or not get hurt.

I hate to admit it but Wagner makes them so much better. What I saw with Wagner was a player that could get to the basket with ease. Those shots he short armed last year, won’t happen this year. He will be a year stronger and he will probably one of the top guards in the SEC if, yes if,he gets to play and not sit the bench or not get hurt.
Nah you are giving him to much credit for real. We are talking about a player that went scoreless in our opening round tournament game. He wouldn't have even averaged 9 ppg in other blue blood programs because he would have been on the bench. This is only going to make Arkansas worse because now your offense won't run solely through Davis and Fland. Dj has absolutely no ability to shake his defenders off he is a straight line driver and though his percentages may go up some I think other teams guards would much rather check Wagner than Fland or Davis.

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
Dujohn may well improve. That would only seem logical. But there will be minute distribution issues guaranteed. Promises have been made.
Arkansas tears will be delicious.

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
He got to the rim easier due to having 3 of the best shooters in school history keeping defenders away from him. He’ll be a better player sure but you make it sound like he’s going to be an all American, guys not got Welch to help his jump shot so just zone Arkansas and they’ll be in trouble

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Id reach out to every Arkansas player whose minutes just took a hit because of this. Just a simple inquiry. "Hey saw that DJ just took about 20 of your starter minutes, heres my number if you want to chat".

And not just UK.. any school that was or could be a player for a guy like Fland.

Not exactly every time.

That team was SO good. Absolute disaster of a coaching job to not watch Wisky game film and be ready for what THEY do.

Disaster of a coach.

I thought your post was genuine. Now, after seeing the other posts in this thread I see you're a Cal nut hugger. All your other posts make more sense in that light.

Last edited:
Wagner and Big Z.

Time to officially retire the "Once a Cat, always a Cat" phrase. I never liked it anyway.
I agree. We honor those athletes that came through the school and program regardless of the coach. The one point is they either graduated or went pro. The idea that a student athlete can play one year of Kentucky athletics and forever be a Wildcat makes no sense. We have had a few that that we hold near and dear to our hearts (I.e., the kid that went to Gonzaga) but they all made their decision and moved on.

That team was SO good. Absolute disaster of a coaching job to not watch Wisky game film and be ready for what THEY do.

Disaster of a coach.

Now, after seeing the other posts in this thread I see you're a Cal nut hugger. All your other posts make more sense in that light.
I’m a Kentucky fan, I don’t obsess over Cal or trash out history because of Cal. Y’all love trying to put people into one group or another, I reject that simple minded nonsense. I was a “Cal nut hugger” when he was here, I am now a Mark Pope nut hugger, Mark Stoops nut hugger, Kenny Brooks nut hugger, and a Rachel Lawson… fan. I will support UK coaches because I’m a UK fan. Have fun getting over it.

People who start Arkansas threads every day seem to be more on his nuts than anyone.

Thiero deserves whatever happens to him at Arkansas.
I hope he enjoys his chicken money because there is no other reason to follow the guy who misused you last year. Plus, he's on a much smaller stage now. No more Ky Effect if he's trying to get drafted.

Reactions: KFuqua
Wagner isn't a natural 1 like Torres suggests, and I am not sure which team Torres watched last season, but it wasn't UK. Wagner didn't make everyone around him better, and the starters usually stalled on offense with Wagner running point.

If Cal starts Wagner over Fland (who is a very good natural point guard), we can all have a good chuckle.

Seems likely given the lineup awesomeness CCC is prone to
Well, I guess we will finally see what our last UK team would look like if they stayed another year.
I don't think it will be as impressive as many might have thought and it will be in an Arkansas uniform!!

Can't wait to see how this plays out!!

Go Cats!

I wish DJ well. But, I'm grabbing my popcorn. Cal gonna struggle managing min, and without any kind of decent staff, and new environment. His actual coaching isn't nearly good enough to overcome these challenges. I think this year (at least first year) isn't going to be anywhere near what Arkansas fans were hoping for.

But, none of that matters to Cal; Objective 1) burn Kentucky, Objective 2) get guys drafted, ...Objective 7) win games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT