ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official UK vs. SC jr. Game Thread *****

Coaches are clearly not trusting the OL against the SC pass rush... and considering what the pass blocking has shown so far, can you blame them?

Maybe that drive loaded with runs with soften the SC pass rush moving forward... at least with PA passes
We’re in Year 11. Used to recruit and develop offensive linemen. What happened?

Guys chill on BV, it's his first start in this league and first action of any kind against 1's on D that aren't gassed and beaten down.

He'll be fine. Hamdan has to figure out the speed of the D as well. This aint hippy dippy skippy lets prance around on a blue field in the Pacific Northwest football.

I didn’t think it was possible to have less pocket presence than Devin Leary
You need a pocket before you can have pocket presence.

Stoops needs to invite the first and second rows from the rugby team scrum to walk on as the OL next week. I swear they would do better.

GBB!

Let's see what adjustments are made. We're not going to win running it every play. That was the worst pass blocking I think I've ever seen.

Not sure about our QB. He is definitely not elusive and seems a bit slow on his reactions to the defense. The offensive line needs some work but the QB hmmmmmm...

Guys chill on BV, it's his first start in this league and first action of any kind against 1's on D that aren't gassed and beaten down.

He'll be fine. Hamdan has to figure out the speed of the D as well. This aint hippy dippy skippy lets prance around on a blue field in the Pacific Northwest football.

He will good against cupcakes but won't do well overall in sec play.

OL is struggling big time with pass protection. Plus, looks like Burton was injured. This is going to be a run game with some play action off of it.

SC is not an offensive juggernaut. Team with fewest TO’s will win this game.

Not sure about our QB. He is definitely not elusive and seems a bit slow on his reactions to the defense. The offensive line needs some work but the QB hmmmmmm...
He's getting maybe 1.5-2 seconds; that's not a lot of time. That's pro reaction speed. Which even NFL QBs struggle with when the first get in the league.

OL HAS to get better before you can crap on the QB.

OL is struggling big time with pass protection. Plus, looks like Burton was injured. This is going to be a run game with some play action off of it.

SC is not an offensive juggernaut. Team with fewest TO’s will win this game.
Hope so

Unfortunately, we may need a couple more with this offense

You need a pocket before you can have pocket presence.

Stoops needs to invite the first and second rows from the rugby team scrum to walk on as the OL next week. I swear they would do better.

GBB!
I get that, but you also have to know exactly what you’re gonna do when everything collapses. At least two different times, he started to scramble but kept juking instead of running to open space. He’s just scared shitless so far.

I underestimated this SCjr defense but our pass blocking is beyond questionable. Brock has no time to process anything right now. This is an O Line issue more than a Brock issue.

Reactions: Nuke99m
The slant to Key was the right call, just didn't execute. That's what we need more of in the second half. 3-step drop and get rid of it. Not horizontal, though. Slants and digs. Can't run every day second half. Can we run a screen or drop the ball over the LOS to a RB or TE? Use their pass rush against them. How does Hamden not know how to do this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT