ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official UK vs. SC jr. Game Thread *****

Despite the int there, I'd roll with Wimsatt going forward. He's a decently proven D1 qb. Vandagriff wouldn't shine at Kentucky Wesleyan.

No one will behind this OL. I listened to this crap for 2 years under Levis. I don't know if some of yall have family on the OL or coaches associated with it...but this OL was absolutely pitiful & has been for a few years. They cannot pass block. Don't blame the QB. There is NO QUARTERBACK that will do we until that is fixed.

WHAT'S!?!?!?He INSTANTLY ran as soon as he got the ball regardless of pressure.

Also, if the QB INSTANTLY runs how TF are they supposed to block for him??? He was sprinting right into the outside pass rush.
He was facing pressure every single drop back for like 1.5 straight quarters. Tom Brady would have looked terrible back there.

Reactions: bbncal02
WHAT'S!?!?!?He INSTANTLY ran as soon as he got the ball regardless of pressure.

Also, if the QB INSTANTLY runs how TF are they supposed to block for him??? He was sprinting right into the outside pass rush.
Look, he played badly. Obviously. But even the announcers admitted he was pressured every single time he went back to pass. Literally no time at all to throw. That's on the OL.

It's also on the OC who seemingly did not prepare and was caught unawares that SC has a really good pass rush. Inexcusable that our OC doesn't know how to adjust to what was happening on the field. Ten other posters today said what I and the announcers have been saying all game long - short passes, play action, screens, timing patterns, etc. Hamden did not know what to do obviously and that's a huge concern. It won't be the only game our OL is outmatched so he better figure it out. Pretty bad when you've been coaching for 15 years and are caught so unprepared.

And then, depression set in.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
left the game in 3rd. all things considered, except uscjr bring a high major, that was the worst performance i’ve ever seen.

Why is Wimsatt throwing short passes and none were called for BV? He should have had time to take a three step drop and fire, but we didn't have those plays in the playbook this week for some reason. Stupid, stupid coaching and unforgivable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT