ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL Southern Miss Vs. Kentucky Game Thread ******

Of course the game will probably end when we can actually get the backups a ton of reps. Stoops plays games closer than he should and we get stuck with the starters playing most of the game.
I guess if you really had to bitch about something, no matter how stupid it is

Reactions: sefus12
Since we are not in the fourth qtr, technically the game could be called off and consider a no contest. It has to get to that point to be considered "complete" by the NCAA. However, the head ref has final say.

There's tons of moisture in the air and plenty of heat energy to feed these storms. It's almost unbelievable, but it's what happens when you have days of extreme August humid heat mixed with a shot of arctic air. I can't remember the last time that central Kentucky got hit by pop-up thunderstorms again and again like it has tonight. Just insane.

Are there any NCAA or SEC rules that cover this situation?
ADs, Coaches etc all get a say….its ultimately the officials call.

The rules are vague such as “early in the game it could result in a cancellation with the result thrown out. Later in the game with the game trending in a direction then it can be called for a particular team.” So they likely wouldn’t call a close in-conference game…instead they’d postpone and finish the next day or try to wait it out.

But I think that last TD prob pushed us far enough ahead that they’ll give us the W imo. Especially since each team got a possession in the 2nd half and we stopped them then scored quick

Reactions: RogerIndy
There's tons of moisture in the air and plenty of heat energy to feed these storms. It's almost unbelievable, but it's what happens when you have days of extreme August humid heat mixed with a shot of arctic air. I can't remember the last time that central Kentucky got hit by pop-up thunderstorms again and again like it has tonight. Just insane.
And here in WKY, we've barely got a misting. We need rain badly.

I believe the rule is that once the game is this far in and the outcome is likely known, the teams can agree to call a winner without finishing. Since the game is underway I don't think the question of payment to the other team is in question. If it's more than a 30 minute delay, Southern Miss should agree to call UK the winner and let everyone go home.

Reactions: ganner918
ADs, Coaches etc all get a say….its ultimately the officials call.

The rules are vague such as “early in the game it could result in a cancellation with the result thrown out. Later in the game with the game trending in a direction then it can be called for a particular team.” So they likely wouldn’t call a close in-conference game…instead they’d postpone and finish the next day or try to wait it out.

But I think that last TD prob pushed us far enough ahead that they’ll give us the W imo. Especially since each team got a possession in the 2nd half and we stopped them then scored quick
We're up by 5 TD's. We should be gifted the win. However, it's the officials final call.

Un-f-n believable. The storm is BUILDING. There's no sun actively fueling this crap. It's literally warmth from the earth's surface feeding this thing.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Un-f-n believable. The storm is BUILDING. There's no sun actively fueling this crap. It's literally warmth from the earth's surface feeding this thing.
THat and the moisture in the air. I know it's been "cooler" today, but the humidity has been the worst it's been all week. Even when it was so hot on Tuesday-Thursday it was still cool in the shade. Today has been AWFUL. The air has been thick.

And here in WKY, we've barely got a misting. We need rain badly.
Having lived in the Murray area for years, you'll get nothing and like it. Want snow? You get ice. Want rain? Get a sprinkler. Farmers want to get corn in the ground? Best of luck – record flooding in April, May, June... Oh yeah, and beaver ponds.

WKY is a mess, Man. I feel for y'all. 😂

I don’t usually go to bed during any game but I am tonight. This is just crazy a game that should’ve ended a long time ago still has about 2 quarters to go. Hopefully they call it or postpone it if not good luck the rest of the game Cats whenever it resumes!

Having lived in the Murray area for years, you'll get nothing and like it. Want snow? You get ice. Want rain? Get a sprinkler. Farmers want to get corn in the ground? Best of luck – record flooding in April, May, June... Oh yeah, and beaver ponds.

WKY is a mess, Man. I feel for y'all. 😂
Weather hasn't been right here since Mayfield in 2021.

9d6adcf054e8487c98a9627b9b5057dc_1685708180~tplv-photomode-zoomcover:720:720.jpeg

They announced on the radio that the officials can request to have the game called in favor of Kentucky, up 31 pts, but So Miss has to agree. If So Miss thinks they can comeback they can say no we want to play it out. Then it would be back on AD/Officials and such to either finish tonight or maybe finish tomorrow. But official cannot just call it. Everyone has to agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT