ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL Southern Miss Vs. Kentucky Game Thread ******

If its suspended for good now we win 31-0 correct? I mean in baseball you have to get in 5 inns. What is the rule in football?

A lot more chances tonight, I like the look of this offense.
I'm loving the pace. I'm loving the deep throws. I'm loving how we're spreading the field and stressing the defense. I'm loving that Brock can tuck and run if necessary. I love that our OLine can open up huge holes for the RBs...

I hate our pass pro. Not a fan of how badly Brock locks on to his primary target.

Overall, the offense we've seen tonight is night and day better than anything we saw last year. It's one game against a scrub, but I'm confident in saying we've improved significantly.

Of course the game will probably end when we can actually get the backups a ton of reps. Stoops plays games closer than he should and we get stuck with the starters playing most of the game.

Normally I bitch when we throw the long bombs because they are normally a wasted down and low percentage. But Vandergriff did something really smart. He threw the first one because he saw the receiver being held....I think. He threw the second one and got the flag. Then he went right back and threw the 3 rd one knowing the defender would back off after the flag. It was actually really a smart thing to do.

I feel like I should know, but it’s such an uncommon situation that I actually don’t. Is there a minimum amount of a football game that needs to be played for it to be official like there is in baseball, or do we have to finish the whole thing?

He needs to stop taking the big hits.
Yep. Take a crack or two like he has tonight against Georgia or Texas and he might never walk again. It's one thing to stick your neck out there for your team in crunch time. It's another to throw your season or career away for an extra yard when every defender wants nothing more than to get their shining moment rocking the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT