ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Cals been getting out coached alot last few years. To get out coached by Captain Toupee wearer 3x in a Row Sad!!

In Games like this, officiating matters. CBB is about the equivalent of WWE wrestling at this point with the way officials fix games and shave points/possessions.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Hate the outcome, but this game encourages me overall.

I wasn't sure we had the horses to compete with the elite teams this year. This game shows me we do.

We have a looooooong way to go if we hope to actually beat them in March, but after tonight, I am convinced we have a legit shot.

I know we will get better, but I honestly don't think this team will get very much better. We will rely on defense and one on one shots.

Good game. Now we know what we have to work on. Keep turnovers down. Too many sloppy passes. And grab the ball. We gotta have better hands than that.

I also prefer to see Wenyen play more than PJ right now. Not sure what PJ brought to the game tonight.

We should have won this game. We are going to be very good this year. Skj it your time. Knox and hami are studs. Can't wait to see how Vanderbilt fits into this. I like our team.

KU has absolutely owned us with midget teams the last three times we've played them. What are we now like 2-8, 2-9 vs. other blue bloods the last 10 or 11 games ?

A longggggggg ways to go.

Wow. I can deal with a new team but the entire starting 5

Gabriel is going to have to prove more than he did tonight going forward.

Knox the only person to hit a 3. Athletes... but we did not utilize our size at all.

Onto the next on. KU terrible

I’ll take it. We have a lot of correctable problems, a couple of gimps on the bench that may return and will be in better condition in March. Think those that were ready to cancel the season are going to have to wait. We will have a solid basketball team.

We had our chances. Just needed a couple of plays to go a little different. There seems to be no plan on offense, other than for our guard to throw it to a big at the corner of the foul line and then for him to hand it right back to the guard. I think the defensive and rebounding struggles will improve throughout the year, not so sure about the offense.

Honestly, if we just rebounded in the first half, we would have won the game. I’m pleased with our freshman though. Showed a lot of fight down the stretch. Can only help throughout the season.

We have to change things offensively. Too much standing around. We've always done it but the talent usually overcame it. No more NBA development league iso's. Motion offense and passing. There's talent here. But Cal has to adapt.

Played like garbage, missing one of their best players and still beat UK...no clue how you think that can be in anyway a good sign for UK.
Because we are missing one of our best players. Why are you only recognizing Preston and not Vanderbilt?
Plus, UK's upside is ten times what KU's is with our youth and length.

Reactions: jameslee32
Played like garbage, missing one of their best players and still beat UK...no clue how you think that can be in anyway a good sign for UK.
You mean like how UK was missing possibly its best player and best shooter? And how they were veterans against a team of freshman? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Reactions: jameslee32
I liked this game. We made some freshman mistakes, especially at the end, but man, not a bad evolution in 3 games. Let's hope Cal doesn't let them play DOWN to other teams after this one. I'm ready to go back to stomping the scrubs and Looville, and cleaning house in the SEC.

Greene and Richards gave us absolutely nothing tonight. Still pretty proud of the fight and toughness.

Knox and SKJ were monsters tonight. They need to be on the floor together ALOT!

We are going to struggle in the SEC road games. This team will likely lead the league in fouls against.

Beaten by a team with seven scholarship players, UK should've run them into the ground
Spot on. i bet you’ve been watching basketball for a long time. you’re a former player, am i right?

there are a lot of positives to take away from this game. Our guys handled the big stage well, and overall looked pretty good. They gave KU a real scare and UK was not even supposed to be in this game.........

most people thought we'd lose by double digits.

We did fine. If KU could only beat us by 4 now, come March they better wish they don't meet us.

I agree, but mostly bc KU sucked and UK has a much higher ceiling.
But tonite was not an encouraging performance for either team, aside from the effort by the Cats.

Reactions: ManitouDan
We are missing one of our best players as well. And the player that is considered our best shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT