ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Well, we have a long way to go. We need a point guard badly. This might be too much for Green and I don't think SGA can effectively run the team.
Cal will figure it out, but it's going to be painful to watch.
KU didn't put us away like they should have. We had nothing but a junk offense and one hell of a broken defense, but KU let us hang around. If I was a KU fan I would not feel good about that squad.

I also don't know why Cal went away from Quade. He was more decisive with the ball than SGA who was deliberate with every play on the offensive end.

We need to get Hami to attack every rebound and loose ball like it matters. Same for Richards. Too many guys looking at the ball.

I'm afraid this team has to many weaknesses to overcome. I don't think we have a good mix of players that is needed to be great when relying on freshmen so much. The whole attempted package deal ended up costing us a lot in my opinion. We will definitely get better, but just not sure it will be enough to get very far this year. I won't give up on them, but I'm going to keep my expectations extremely low.

A longggggggg ways to go.

Wow. I can deal with a new team but the entire starting 5

Gabriel is going to have to prove more than he did tonight going forward.

Knox the only person to hit a 3. Athletes... but we did not utilize our size at all.

Onto the next on. KU terrible

I think our size is what kept us in the game. we had 3 or 4 turnovers because of our size.

Thoughts:

1. We need glue on our hands. My God...the turnovers. And that killed us.
2. Rebounding was much better, but lost a couple of key ones down the stretch. Young guy mistakes.
3. Kansas played like crap....and shot like crap.
4. Can't win them all and I expected to lose this one by 10. The guys fought back every time KU tried to make a run.

We will be fine.

Reactions: Jamal Sunburn
Good game. Now we know what we have to work on. Keep turnovers down. Too many sloppy passes. And grab the ball. We gotta have better hands than that.

I also prefer to see Wenyen play more than PJ right now. Not sure what PJ brought to the game tonight.
PJ brough turnovers, not not the ones you get from Arby's, no, not those, he brought the ones that result in the opposing team scoring more points.
I still like him though, he's going to turn it around eventually and make us happy that we have him.

I think our guys played about as well as they were capable tonight. The only problem is that we have 1 legitamite outside shooter in Knox. We area very tall athletic team. But, when teams can match us on the inside, we will struggle. We have to find. Ore guys that can fill it up from the outside.

A couple of those obvious bad calls go UK's way and it's Kansas fouling at the end of the game. But whatever, we all know how that goes.

Aside from that, UK has a long way to go, but they'll get there.

There's nothing more you can take away from tonight other than the effort shown.

Kansas is vastly overrated, so are we.

This was a very ugly game, but not surprising considering the shooting struggles we knew were going to happen. This probably wont be the only game that is like this.

Reactions: ManitouDan
ADVERTISEMENT