ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD*********

Do you like what you see?[/QUOT

No, I don't like it but will not say bad things about the players. The players don't deserve it. The coach is the only one that can talk to the players about the way they played.

Lot of this has to fall on Lee and Poy . They were both terrible tonight. Both upperclassmen .

Most of this falls on coaching. There is a reason why the deeper we get into the season the worst this team plays. There is a reason why this team looks nothing like the team that beat Duke. Cal has taken every bit of confidence these players every had and now they look absolutely clueless. This LSU team is very bad and there is no excuse for this butt kicking.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
You think you know more than HOF Cal!!!!!!!!!!!

[eyeroll]

Ha. I already know.

For the record I'm never ever taking a position that Cal is not a great coach or Id do better. I know I couldn't.

But he's his own worst enemy. Cal is the only coach who can stop Cal. I just wish he'd figure it out.

Reactions: Stonewall12
At what point does coach admit defeat with his choice to continue playing Briscoe and Skal and bury them on the pine and go from there . I don't see how we improve if those two get the same amount of PT .

Some of you fans are unreal! Saturday Night you have UK going to the FInal Four after beating Ole Miss bad and then tonight we are back to the NIT! We have Ulis and Murray with 21 each and thats it and nothing in the middle just like at UCLA. Poy and Lee foul out and then that leaves us with Hump, Mulder, etc. We are missing the inside presence. We need a Big Man in BAD WAY!!

After that, the boo birds, cal crunchers and Debbie downers will be out in force. The kard fans will be baiting like crazy. Think I'm gonna go do something more constructive like trim my nose hair.

I love Cal and I'm his biggest defender, but he was just out coached my Johnny Jones.

You got to be crazy if you consider anything that Johnny Jones did look like coaching. Neither of the coaches did a thing to earn their salaries. LSU won because we did nothing to win.

Some of you fans are unreal! Saturday Night you have UK going to the FInal Four after beating Ole Miss bad and then tonight we are back to the NIT! We have Ulis and Murray with 21 each and thats it and nothing in the middle just like at UCLA. Poy and Lee foul out and then that leaves us with Hump, Mulder, etc. We are missing the inside presence. We need a Big Man in BAD WAY!!

I don't know who those people are that had us going to the final 4, but it certainly wasn't me. The more Cal coaches this team the worse they play.

This is most backlash I've seen against Cal since he's been here, and rightfully so.. it's pretty much deserved. Thankfully, this isn't a fluke that dozens of even the smarter, more respectful posters are putting this game, and this team, on Cal.

Hopefully he's seeing the same thing as most of us are. Changes need to be made. Some combination of Hump, Matthews, Willis, and Mulder need to be getting minutes.. Maybe even a start.

I think you'll see changes. We're all pissed. He has to be fuming. But he has to realize that the players can't make the schemes or the lineup's, just him.

Reactions: .S&C.
Yeah i think we often forget that he missed on basically all the 1's 2's and 3's he wanted except for Briscoe. He kinda just made due with what he was able to get. Murray was like in the 20's in next years class.

Silents is good people but come on. Why do most good shooters NOT want to play for john Calipari? Because they know he doesn't use them in his preferred offense. His reputation as a lanky defensive only coach has cost him over time while recruiting good shooters. LK was the perfect example. Loved UK, loved cal, UK kid, UK parents, blue chip prospect, a shooter....... Signed with the guy that values shooting.

If cal would value the shot, and recruit in that way too, we'd be saying I think I know more than a 3 time champion instead of one that has loads of final fours.

I'm just sayin....

I thought he said he was not going to play Briscoe at the end of games!

Haha yea right. I love how he got mad and took Willis out after the #1 pick dunked in his face. After watching that shitshow sandwich...our offense is the worst in the conference.

This. Can't even run proper pick n roll because the big play soft.

Silents is good people but come on. Why do most good shooters NOT want to play for john Calipari? Because they know he doesn't use them in his preferred offense. His reputation as a lanky defensive only coach has cost him over time while recruiting good shooters. LK was the perfect example. Loved UK, loved cal, UK kid, UK parents, blue chip prospect, a shooter....... Signed with the guy that values shooting.

If cal would value the shot, and recruit in that way too, we'd be saying I think I know more than a 3 time champion instead of one that has loads of final fours.

I'm just sayin....
Rack and I think me personally that K played the race card.

I'm just sayin....

Please

I thought he said he was not going to play Briscoe at the end of games!

Haha yea right. I love how he got mad and took Willis out after the #1 pick dunked in his face. After watching that shitshow sandwich...our offense is the worst in the conference.

I've been wrong about Willis. From what I'm seeing now, he should get more time. There's no doubt about it.

This is most backlash I've seen against Cal since he's been here, and rightfully so.. it's pretty much deserved. Thankfully, this isn't a fluke that dozens of even the smarter, more respectful posters are putting this game, and this team, on Cal.

Hopefully he's seeing the same thing as most of us are. Changes need to be made. Some combination of Hump, Matthews, Willis, and Mulder need to be getting minutes.. Maybe even a start.

I think you'll see changes. We're all pissed. He has to be fuming. But he has to realize that the players can't make the schemes or the lineup's, just him.

He should be blasted for the way he has handled Mulder. It is obvious that Mulder is deserving of more time than he has received. He plays little to no time during a blowout game Saturday and then gets tossed into the fire tonight. What could he have done in a couple of days that would have made him worthy of playing tonight while not playing on Saturday. This was simply a knee jerk reaction.

I've been wrong about Willis. From what I'm seeing now, he should get more time. There's no doubt about it.

I was blasted for making this comment on Saturday. You need to throw Mulder in there too. They certainly don't play any worse than Briscoe.

I really wish this would happen, but unfortunately I am now convinced that Cal is going to play the top NBA prospects until he's dead, regardless of how these games end up. His #1 priority is to "change kids' lives", not "win Kentucky games". I have always believed that he will put top priority on getting kids paydays over winning games for fans or the school that employs him. Love what he's done for our school, but honestly think he may be a bit more addicted to making sure his superstars get drafted than he is winning an NC for Kentucky.

Well I mean he can put points up. Granted there is no offense run for him. He just has to stand there and wait for a kick. Him and Murray should be running off double screens the whole game. Especially since Lee and Poyhress are some of the worst offensive post players we have had since Sheray Thomas. Then they should crash the board. DDO does not work if the defensive does not chase you and just stays in the paint. Amazing how I can see this but a man making 7 million a year is clueless.

The 6 through 10 guys should get PT because the seem to work for it. Skal is Skal, I'm not sure he wants to be here. Poy is just useless. Briscoe is doing some things wrong, but he's a freshman.

Mulder is more seasoned, Hump is the only true big man we have, Willis hustles more than Skal and poy combined.. Why are these guys not getting minutes? People respond "well they must have done something".. Ok.. what? What did they do? We always hear about the dog house, but we never know how they get there.

I have to assume it's two classes of players A. The guys he fights to get, the top15 recruits. and maybe a few sophomores or juniors who were holdovers of that group. and b. Lesser recruits, players who wanted to be at UK, instate guys, transfers.

Maybe group B doesn't make for good NBA players, but they can play THIS game.. And in some scenarios, they will be better to have on the floor.

I mean.. If I'm a transfer.. I'll never think about going to Kentucky .. We've had like what.. 3 or 4 transfers and 5th years under Cal.. Collectively they played like 60 minutes.. Poor guys.

If it was me I would flip he script. I would start Humphries and Willis, Ulis, Murray and Mulder. Then sub in Lee and Poythress Skal. Throw in the kiwi, he can not be any worse as what we saw from a senior in Poythress tonight. We need offense something desperately. Maybe that group can get a spark. Migh of been the worst game I have watched since Cal has been here.

Well I mean he can put points up. Granted there is no offense run for him. He just has to stand there and wait for a kick. Him and Murray should be running off double screens the whole game. Especially since Lee and Poyhress are some of the worst offensive post players we have had since Sheray Thomas. Then they should crash the board. DDO does not work if the defensive does not chase you and just stays in the paint. Amazing how I can see this but a man making 7 million a year is clueless.

I guess I've just always know Willis isn't really going to do anything for us in March. We'll just lose with him getting tons of minutes. But, ya know, wth....

At the very least, can we all agree to be proud of Mulder for giving a hell of an effort after playing like 5 minutes in all the other games so far, combined?

Briscoe is trying. He may be off the mark but he hustles, rebounds and plays defense.. as far as I'm concer, he's fine. Maybe just less minutes and stopping his shooting.

Poy and Skal on the other hand. Attitude and hustle respectively. They mentally dont ha e it. And that's the worst thing to see and the last thing we need. Although, Skal still gets somewhat of a pass as he a frosh too.

Reactions: corypedia
I like Briscoe a lot. But he kills us because of his lack of scoring. He does play hard... But sometimes that is not enough. He would of been better on last years team. To rebound his misses. The defense is playing off daring us to shoot. He can't... He can drive but when he gets fouled he can't shoot free throws.

THFMM

Thanks God For Malik Monk

Briscoe is trying. He may be off the mark but he hustles, rebounds and plays defense.. as far as I'm concer, he's fine. Maybe just less minutes and stopping his shooting.

Poy and Skal on the other hand. Attitude and hustle respectively. They mentally dont ha e it. And that's the worst thing to see and the last thing we need. Although, Skal still gets somewhat of a pass as he a frosh too.

Briscoe won't be fine until he is embarrassed enough to spend whatever time he needs to develop just an average shot from the field and free throw line.

On to the next game.

Last thought, I do wonder about his allegiance to the NBA echelon players. I hope it's not true, but tonight makes you think. The whole world now knows we have guys starting who shouldn't be. Cal has to know the bench needs to get some burn. I'm not sure if he will make the change.

If we keep going with the same 6 guys, despite losing 7 or 8 SEC games.. Fans will take notice. No, I'm not saying people will turn on him, but I think his reputation will take a bit of a hit, and this might be a chapter in his history with UK, because up until now, he was infallible as the pope. Hope he makes the right changes.

On to the next game.

Last thought, I do wonder about his allegiance to the NBA echelon players. I hope it's not true, but tonight makes you think. The whole world now knows we have guys starting who shouldn't be. Cal has to know the bench needs to get some burn. I'm not sure if he will make the change.

If we keep going with the same 6 guys, despite losing 7 or 8 SEC games.. Fans will take notice. No, I'm not saying people will turn on him, but I think his reputation will take a bit of a hit, and this might be a chapter in his history with UK, because up until now, he was infallible as the pope. Hope he makes the right changes.

Cal will send this team to the NIT before admitting that he is using the wrong players. He must have been extremely desperate to go to Mulder tonight. I am guessing that that only occurred because of Hawkins' injury.

Agree. He played really well in the majority of his games and he plays with intensity and energy. Really needs to fix FTs though.

Skal though... Sheesh. Cal not happy with him at all in the post game.

Agree. He played really well I'm the majority of his games and he plays with intensity and energy. Really needs to fix FTs though.

Skal though... Sheesh. Skal not happy with him at all in the post game.

You are smoking something that you shouldn't be if you think Briscoe play well.

For the record, I agree. I'm questioning Cals scouting methods when it comes to our guards. It's not briscoe's fault, he was offered.

Not saying he played well tonight, he struggled and needs to fix FTs. But those suggesting he shouldn't see the floor are laughable.

It is what it is. Maybe he should be starting, maybe he shouldn't. But you won't get far in this game with guards who offer nothing on the offensive end. Try it in March. You'll really be laughing then.

Not saying he played well tonight, he struggled and needs to fix FTs. But those suggesting he shouldn't see the floor are laughable.
No it is not. If we are behind by 12 points or so. He should become the biggest cheerleader on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT