ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD*********

HJfk58T.gif

Let's hope this season is a learning point for Cal. Need more balanced recruiting, and we need reliable shooters.. He's still a 9.5/10.. But he can't be safe from some criticism from time to time.. This is just a down year for him, and probably his worst game.

ok, just a question - I thought a couple of these guys WERE highly touted shooters/scorers coming out of HS?

we'd better really show up Saturday - and blow 'em out

Don't think we should be top 20 after this debacle

Cal blows the 08 title game because his players can't hit.

He blows the 2010 title game because they couldn't hit.

HE wins the title in 2012 with the best percentage shooter he's ever had.

He goes to the NIT the following year because he recruited players like Goodwin who offer nothing but one dimensional aspects to their game and couldn't hit anything outside.

He answers it in 2015 by recruiting a player like Briscoe.

It's starting to resemble the definition of insanity. When is he going to start learning from these mistakes. We might stay talented but he won't make the impact he could have.

You do realize he also recruited Brown and Newman and Ingram. Do you honestly think he seeks out bad shooters?

no brawlers on this squad...

all the talent, athleticism, and skill in the world...no fighters, no killers...

I know Cal likes to say "be an athlete"...sorry, but we have that in spades...we need somebody who's going to knock your granny around and step on your throat...

it is what it is...

right now...maybe a sweet 16 if we get a favorable path...

We are lucky to have the Duke and UofL wins - without them, we might be an NIT team. Let's be honest, this team will struggle for road wins and LSU/Vandy at home will be challenging.

I agree but the talent is there. They have beaten good teams unless they completely fall apart football style they'll be in the big dance. Maybe a 8/9 seed but in regardless.

Cal blows the 08 title game because his players can't hit.

He blows the 2010 title game because they couldn't hit.

HE wins the title in 2012 with the best percentage shooter he's ever had.

He goes to the NIT the following year because he recruited players like Goodwin who offer nothing but one dimensional aspects to their game and couldn't hit anything outside.

He answers it in 2015 by recruiting a player like Briscoe.

It's starting to resemble the definition of insanity. When is he going to start learning from these mistakes. We might stay talented but he won't make the impact he could have.
You think you know more than HOF Cal!!!!!!!!!!!

[eyeroll]

Reactions: TIE543 and .S&C.
Probably the second game I've ever turned off early. I just couldn't take anymore of it. We took a step forward against ole miss, but about 10 steps back tonight. Very frustrating. I knew a lose was very possible, but that performance was horrible. All I can hope is that this game lights some type of fire under their collective asses. They got embarrassed, we had our jr and sr sitting on the bench most of the game...our two best defenders at that. We just looked completely lost.

I still don't think Jones is a good coach, but he was ready for this game. We got out coached and out played, it was hard to watch. Give credit to LSU, at least we get them one more time.

Reactions: calionreppa
You do realize he also recruited Brown and Newman and Ingram. Do you honestly think he seeks out bad shooters?

He has a history of this dating back to 2006. Good shooters might not want to play for him? Is that it?

AAU circuits and parents find out early In the recruiting orocess that he doesn't value shooting. They know it's true and that's the issue. That's why we lose pure shooters like LK even when they are HUGE UK leans. Cal can't even pull them then.

It's a problem I'm sorry.

well that sucked - it was frustrating, hard to watch
But still love my guys - and hope for the best
I'm done for the nite - y'all have a good one

Reactions: kat57
I don't disagree, Cal deserves criticism as much as praise. Something just makes me think i remember Briscoe being a better shooter before he arrived in Lex.

I get sick of watching the same defense even if it doesn't work. What would be the harm on occasionally changing up defense to at least force the opposing team to spend time trying to identify it. We keep doing the same things expecting different outcomes. We seem to win only when we have way more talent than our opponent. That will not be the case too many times this season. There was no rhyme or reason for his this team was assembled other than a collection of mostly 5 and some 4 stars.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm not sure what the answer is but Cal will obviously need to make some big changes if this team is going to be competitive. Right now nothing seems to be working.

We're a Charmin soft team that can't shoot. That is about as bad a combination as you can get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT