ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Probably will bring this team back down to earth and make them better. Pressure is off.

Reactions: chroix
Wtf? Fine with a down year? You have to earn those! Cal and UK hasn't earned a down year. Last year didn't mean jack shit. Those 38 wins were meaningless because they didn't win the title.
As dumb of a statement as I've read.

Not all teams will be built the best or come together the way we like. I can accept that and enjoy watching them reach whatever ceiling that may be.

Cal has earned plenty of rope and last year did mean something to me. Trying living a life and not placing your self esteem and personal bravado in the hands of a game played by kids.

The concern should be that we offered very little resistance thruout most of this game. That's an effort issue along with not being able to hit an open shot. Murray looked completely wild sometimes and mostly lost the rest of the time. Where was the full-court pressure? Are we that reliant on Marcus Lee to get turnovers? LOTS to work on for Cal and this bunch.

Well guys, we've got a hell of a lot to work on. Hope these guys take this as a wake up call, to channel Gillispie we have to get a whole lot tougher. Losing on the road with one player out and another playing hurt isn't the worst thing ever, even great teams look bad some days, but these guys need to learn from today.

UCLA has the hook without getting called for it down to a science.
You going to be alright? I've never seen you blow up like you have in this thread. I get it, we sucked tonight but lets keep cool. I wanted to punt my dog halfway across the yard but I restrained myself.

Congrats ucla. You avenged your absolute ass kicking last year by beating a team by 10 that was down a starter and with their best player injured.

Alford is good.
No he's not, he's average at best. Our defense was a shell of itself tonight. UCLA is who they were before tonight, an NIT team, they have 3 losses for a reason. They suck but we made them look like national champions. UCLA will lose often this year and apparently so will we.

Stat line says Willis deserves to start over Skal. Not impressed at all with Skal at this point. Not terribly disappointed with this loss. Team has the monkey of undefeated season of its back.

One last thing, someone tell smooth as butter to never make a prediction again or I will hunt him down

Oh well, it just wasn't our night. I've thought all along this team would lose 5-7 games. Lots of work to do but at least some pressure is off of them now.

Reactions: ganner918
This game will end up being a horrible loss for the Cats. Hopefully, though, we use it as a quick learning lesson before UCLA stinks it up to the likes of Gonzaga and the rest of their garbage conference. UCLA, mark this, will be lucky to make the tournament. That was their best game of the year. Even the fans didn't seem to really give a shit at the end.

team looked tired...

cross country game...young squad...

Cal has something to build on now...

need to figure out the post...

ADVERTISEMENT