ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

My confidence was poorly placed. The officiating was on par with the worst ever, but this team is really searching. The opening betting line was an early indicator of what was going to happen tonight, but that isn't an excuse. What does this say about Duke.....who will no doubt vault ahead of us in the polls despite being totally handled at a neutral site. No matter, this team has a long way to go.........really long way.

I'm oddly encouraged while also being infuriated:
1. Ullis was clearly playing at 40%
2. Poythress had literally his worst game in a Kentucky uniform
3. Our best rebounder and post defender Lee gets hurt in the opening minutes and doesn't return.
4. We allegedly have two of the top 5 picks in the draft and both played like hot garbage.
5. Hawkins and Willis both miss point blank bunny layups during the game.
6. Every person watching the game knows we can't shoot to save our lives and yet our guys still put there head down and bully into the paint between 3 defenders in the 2nd half and somehow generate points.
7. The team had no effort and was out hustled badly by the opponent.
And with all that $hit we still only lost by 8-10 points. We are soft and need to improve our outside shooting. But Lee is our best interior defender and Ullis is a better shooter and will recover from his injury and shooting slump. We really should have lost by 20-25.

This game will end up being a horrible loss for the Cats. Hopefully, though, we use it as a quick learning lesson before UCLA stinks it up to the likes of Gonzaga and the rest of their garbage conference. UCLA, mark this, will be lucky to make the tournament. That was their best game of the year. Even the fans didn't seem to really give a shit at the end.
why a horrible loss?

We are an 8-10 loss team this year. The SEC will be tougher than usual.
Agreed. Toughness, desire and effort of this team are going to be severely tested all year. They didn't answer the bell; this game. Next test will be ASU, then UofL. Both potential losses or statement games. Cal and this bunch need to decide which it's going to be.

How did UCLA not blow us out by 30? We couldn't do a single thing right. I'm still stunned at how bad we looked, I mean we looked like Indiana looked last night. Any decent team would have stroked us by at least 20. UCLA is sn NIT team, they are feeling really good about this win but they will find out very soon that they won this game because UK is just not very good right now and they left their toughness in Lexington.

You going to be alright? I've never seen you blow up like you have in this thread. I get it, we sucked tonight but lets keep cool. I wanted to punt my dog halfway across the yard but I restrained myself.

You picked that post to say that? I had much worse. Yeah, I'm gonna be alright, but I get really heated during games we lose. Especially in a game like that.

why a horrible loss?
Well when I said this, I was a few deep on the bourbon. But my point was that it's my belief that UCLA will make no noise this year and may not even make the tournament. At that point, we (UK) could be in a groove and it won't really matter. But if it comes down to seeding or (god forbid) getting into the dance (for the record I don't believe for one second that we'll be faced with this risk), and UCLA blows wind all year, then yes, this loss would be seen as a "bad loss". I guess I was projecting how this would look in 3 months, but that assumes quite a bit to happen.

Way to ridiculously overreact.

It's not an over reaction... It's the way they are playing right now. If anything it's your overreaction to assume it's a statement that concludes the team is crap. They'll end up fine, but right now they are incredibly bad in a number of areas

ADVERTISEMENT