ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL!! BIG Z IS FREE!!!!

Fingers crossed we build a huge lead against Georgia and we see him get 5-10 minutes today. He needs all the minutes he can get to acclimate.

It’s almost starting too late in the season for him but better late than never. He has enough time to get settled in and at least be an option end of the year.

Reactions: MasonCoBlue
Woo Hoo.

Fresh-Prince-UK-2.gif

He should play over Ugo and it's not close. Will he? Doubt it.
I'm guessing Ugo's defense around the rim is better than Big Z's. (This is 110% guess.)

Ugo has started rebounding out of his area and has shown the ability to guard the post. I don't think there's any questioning that Z will be a better offensive threat.

The good news is we now have 3 big men. So, I don't worry as much about the freak tourn injury or foul trouble.

As they say, the cream rises to the top. We'll see how they respond!

Again, this is a win-win for UK!

Glad he is free. Hope UK fans will be reasonable with a) his ability and b) the playing time he will get. I don’t think either will be very high.

Glad he is free. Hope UK fans will be reasonable with a) his ability and b) the playing time he will get. I don’t think either will be very high.
I will be for sure. If he plays even 2 minutes tonight Rupo will explode. The cheers will be loud and proud for Z!

I hope he's all that and takes Bradshaw's minutes.
Jack Givens has implied that Z gets pushed around in practice and fans need to lower their expectations. The last time I heard this was a few weeks after Z began practicing. Hopefully he's responded well. I'm more excited to see how he defends and plays in transition more than anything.

I doubt he takes many mins from Bradshaw unless it's because of foul trouble.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
When he checks in tonight he will get one of the best ovations rupp has ever seen. Go big Z!

It’ll be hard to fit him into the rotation. He might get some of Ugo’s mins tonight.

How long till we see Big Z on the floor with Bradshaw? (You know Cal wants to see both of them on the floor at the same time!)

He could help UK especially if Edwards continues to struggle.

This can only help UK. Im happy for Big Z!
May be bad news for Edwards.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a regular season game. That's in addition to the excitement that game day brings. Of course he might not play, but I love this anticipation.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
Late to the party news but this is awesome. I'd love for him to get some spot minutes today. We'd have to be blowing out Georgia for that to happen.

I would never have believed it! The NCAA does the right thing! Hell has frozen over!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT