ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL BBM THREAD*****

I went to Midnight Madness in the mid 90's (Delk and McCarty from the rafters, anyone?) when you stood in line for 13 hours or more through the early Cal years (Wall blew the roof off the place w/ Drake coaching the scrimmage before Drake was really Drake).

That said, the current version is awful. Unwatchable. Cal was as uninterested as he's ever been. He stumbled through his words with Boogie next to him, as if he forgot where he was, wanted out of there ("let's just get on with it"), and the dunk contest was embarrassing. The "scrimmage" was as pointless as it gets, too.

Either they hire a production company to come up with something super creative and fun, or they need to just realize it's dying a slow, painful death.

Now get off my lawn.

I went to Midnight Madness in the mid 90's (Delk and McCarty from the rafters, anyone?) when you stood in line for 13 hours or more through the early Cal years (Wall blew the roof off the place w/ Drake coaching the scrimmage before Drake was really Drake).

That said, the current version is awful. Unwatchable. Cal was as uninterested as he's ever been. He stumbled through his words with Boogie next to him, as if he forgot where he was, wanted out of there ("let's just get on with it"), and the dunk contest was embarrassing. The "scrimmage" was as pointless as it gets, too.

Either they hire a production company to come up with something super creative and fun, or they need to just realize it's dying a slow, painful death.

Now get off my lawn.
BBN doesn’t even need that. Introductions, a 3 point contest, and dunk contest, and a real scrimmage would do the trick.

Oh and perhaps the coach not saying let’s get this over with.

He mentioned zone in connection w/ putting all 3 7-footers on the floor at the same time. I'd prefer to stay m2m if we have to see that line-up to get the zone...
Oh it won’t surprise me at all to see it. Cal loves size over everything. Finally a roster loaded w versatile offensive threats and it would be just like Cal to through Ugo, Bradshaw, Z, and 2 guards out there to play a stagnant force it inside bully ball style.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT