ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Arkansas Vs Kentucky Game Thread *****

Well given the first half I was sure it was a loss
Glad to be wrong
Didn’t play great but fought the 2nd half
So there’s that
But I still maintain Calipari needs to go

Reactions: bbncal02
All things considered (road game, GameDay, Dillingham out, awful start) I'll take a road win and be happy. Lots of good teams lost again today

Reactions: CatEye2010
Cal is going to be in a tough spot. For our team to be the best version of itself, Reed probably needs to be the PG and not Wagner. Doesn’t mean that Wagner shouldn’t get minutes, but if we are going to make a run in the tourney Reed needs to be the main PG.

This is why I could never gamble. Shoulda been a 12 point win easily cover the 5.5 spread.
Instead we foul and one reed misses a free throw and the score another one.
UK still covered but damn that woulda ruined my night if I was betting if the got it to 5

This was a huge win us because we get Tennessee next week at Rupp. I hope we clobber them next week. I can't stand that ugly puke colored jerseys.

Yet Cal wants to play two bigs together and run everything through them.
That's because Cal is a dumb F...

I'd rather have Welch run the team, at least he's not beholden to the Klutch MF'ers who demand Edwards and Bradshaw see minutes unearned...

HDPbPEP.png

• Love
Reactions: BBUK and ck-2
Cats were better in nearly every statistic in the 2nd half.
So sorry trolls!
Thiero, Reed, Tre and Ugonna gave us just enough toughness to win.
Reeves stiil a thorn in the Hogs pork loin.
Better late than never

Last edited:
Reactions: celtikat33
I forgot Dilly was even out there at the end. Good win on the road vs crap team but no Dilly.

Terrible first 10 minutes but good rest of 30 minutes. Hate that we only scored in the 60s but a win is a win.

Our season avg has gone from 91 to what now after the last 2 games.

Super ugly but a W is a W. Many issues to work on.

You cannot tell me that refs - ALL refs - are not paid on the side to keep games close to the spread. Not even betting on the games, but just paid a stipend to keep it near the spread and see what happens.

Reactions: teli and BC_Wader
You can't do it from the bench man.
Did you not watch any of the first half or any of the last game. Shep has a history of simply passing up wide open shots. Early in the second half, he passed the ball to one of our 7-footers behind the 3 mark with 2 seconds on the clock. I know that you have seen plenty of my posts supporting Shep, but the past few games have just been hard to watch Reed. I know he has the talent, but unused talent isn't worth a good crap.

Reactions: Fox2monk
IF, IF, IF Cal has banished Z into the bench black hole then Edward's and Bradshaw HAVE to be sitting with him!!!
If that's the case,, TWO lineups moving forward. A big one with Onyenso and Mitchell at the 5 and 4 and a small lineup with Mitchell and Thiero at 5/4.

Sheppard and Reeves! We needed this win bad and it’s encouraging that he led us tonight. LFG! Get out of a harsh environment with a Win. That’s what we needed. Reeves is a man!! 14 for Reed in the second half 5/4 as well. Mitchell with the Double Double. Ugonna came up huge. Great job big man. +14 with Ugo on the court.

It’s pretty obvious Shepherd needs to be running the show and Wagner off the ball. But Cal will run out the same lineup and rotations next game.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
Shep hasn't earned the right to be the starting anything. Yes, he played well today after it was obvious that if he didn't no one else would.
So you want DJ running the Point????

He SUCKS at passing and he ATE IT numerous times today when he drove into the paint.

Adou did very little also.

So why should either one of those 2 start over Reed?????

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
Did you not watch any of the first half or any of the last game. Shep has a history of simply passing up wide open shots. Early in the second half, he passed the ball to one of our 7-footers behind the 3 mark with 2 seconds on the clock. I know that you have seen plenty of my posts supporting Shep, but the past few games have just been hard to watch Reed. I know he has the talent, but unused talent isn't worth a good crap.
At South Carolina he would get yanked continually.

Auburn has lost 2 in a row, Kansas lost again, and Duke lost, but the refs bailed them out again because Duke hasn't lost two in a row at home in a long time.

Reactions: teli and blubo
Cal is going to be in a tough spot. For our team to be the best version of itself, Reed probably needs to be the PG and not Wagner. Doesn’t mean that Wagner shouldn’t get minutes, but if we are going to make a run in the tourney Reed needs to be the main PG.
💯 Facts

Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT