ADVERTISEMENT

Oasis reunites for tour

Asked my wife if we could catch one of these shows...she said maybeee

***stolen joke***

How you doin'?
Well considering I have been admitted to the same hospital 3 times since July 15 I am getting better. You would think quadruple bypass would be the thing messing with me for so long. A couple other things are what is holding me back. Had the surgery and the next morning was up and walking around. Next day my knees and feet swell up with gout. Drained them and got better to go home. 2 days later it came back. I was somewhat able to hobble around the house but pretty much bedridden while we screwed around with primary care doctor to fix it. Was going to an orthopedist on 8/1 and when I got up to go to the car and got real dizzy and sweating about half way to the car. Made it and the A/C and sitting got me better. Got to orthopedist and just got out of the car into a wheelchair and it was that times 100. It's the only time in all this that I was seriously worried about dying. Got me inside and EMS took me back to the hospital. Turns out the surgery caused an ulcer on my colon. Fixed that after while. After that there were a couple other minor things but the main problem is still the gout. They got me into a rehab center and that didn't go well. Let's just say don't send anyone you love to Landmark on Eastern Parkway, don't. Left after 17 hours. Had to have a dressing on the wound on the chest on Sunday but couldn't get in until Wednesday. They readmitted me for the 3rd time. Had another surgery to clean out the wound and then another this morning to close it because it was looking good. The good news came this afternoon when I found a good rehab center that would take me. My insurance isn't taken by many rehab centers and this one is out of network so it's only covered at 60% but at this point if it's a matter of a couple thousand dollars I can't tell you how much I don't care. Hoping to get there tomorrow or Thursday. Walking again and getting back to a normal life because the last month and a half has sucked. Thanks for asking.

I didn’t like Oasis first time around. Not sure why. I dunno. Liked other bands similar to em.

Well considering I have been admitted to the same hospital 3 times since July 15 I am getting better. You would think quadruple bypass would be the thing messing with me for so long. A couple other things are what is holding me back. Had the surgery and the next morning was up and walking around. Next day my knees and feet swell up with gout. Drained them and got better to go home. 2 days later it came back. I was somewhat able to hobble around the house but pretty much bedridden while we screwed around with primary care doctor to fix it. Was going to an orthopedist on 8/1 and when I got up to go to the car and got real dizzy and sweating about half way to the car. Made it and the A/C and sitting got me better. Got to orthopedist and just got out of the car into a wheelchair and it was that times 100. It's the only time in all this that I was seriously worried about dying. Got me inside and EMS took me back to the hospital. Turns out the surgery caused an ulcer on my colon. Fixed that after while. After that there were a couple other minor things but the main problem is still the gout. They got me into a rehab center and that didn't go well. Let's just say don't send anyone you love to Landmark on Eastern Parkway, don't. Left after 17 hours. Had to have a dressing on the wound on the chest on Sunday but couldn't get in until Wednesday. They readmitted me for the 3rd time. Had another surgery to clean out the wound and then another this morning to close it because it was looking good. The good news came this afternoon when I found a good rehab center that would take me. My insurance isn't taken by many rehab centers and this one is out of network so it's only covered at 60% but at this point if it's a matter of a couple thousand dollars I can't tell you how much I don't care. Hoping to get there tomorrow or Thursday. Walking again and getting back to a normal life because the last month and a half has sucked. Thanks for asking.
Just get better. Hopefully it turns around.

Reactions: Glenn's take
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT