ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland's Jack Gohlke has the 2nd most made 3 pointers in the country

327, 3-point attempts out of 335 field goal attempts he has attempted this year is absolutely freaking CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

If a Kentucky guard goes for a pump fake of his on a 3-point attempt by him, JVC needs to sit them on the bench for the rest of the half holding a sign with a BIG ?? mark on it!!!!!!

He is a 5th year Senior who played his first four years at Hillsdale College in the Division-2 GREAT MIDWEST ATHLETIC CONFERENCE.

I heard that he was a minus 2-star recruit out of high school........😉😉

The recipe to beating Kentucky isn't making 3's. They'll make some 3's. It's fine.

If they out-physical us and out-rebound us--that's on us and we deserve to lose. We are quite a bit bigger than them. We should win the physicality and rebounding battles.

Hopefully he doesn't do a knecht on us if he does it will be the fifth player in the history of Kentucky basketball to score 40 plus on us 2 of the 4 were done in the cal Era so far with this defense who knows

I know this won't happen but why don't we just over guard this guy and man up everyone. Don't double team anyone. Make them shoot 2s.

The recipe to beating Kentucky isn't making 3's. They'll make some 3's. It's fine.

If they out-physical us and out-rebound us--that's on us and we deserve to lose. We are quite a bit bigger than them. We should win the physicality and rebounding battles.

THAT is how we will lose. Surprised more people aren't seeing that.

Our on-ball defense has shown improvements$ and there's also a tweet out there that basically proves that UK CAN defend.. when it wants to. So i want to believe we're going to be fine defending Oaklands lesser guards, guards who wouldn't start in the SEC.

Our problem will be if we ever face physical front courts (and physical guards), who push us around and out rebound us.

Hopefully he doesn't do a knecht on us if he does it will be the fifth player in the history of Kentucky basketball to score 40 plus on us 2 of the 4 were done in the cal Era so far with this defense who knows

I’m older than the 3 point line so this argument is hogwash. The modern game is built for higher scores. The game has changed soooo much just since 2010.

I watched Oakland’s game against Milwaukee. The difference between Gohlke and Fletcher Magee is that Gohlke doesn’t shoot it like an absolute dumbass. Magee did crazy shots of the run, without stopping his momentum. Cal, to his credit, did exactly what I said he should and let him run and gun for no reason. Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn against us. Gohlke looks different, pure shooter. He can pull up off the run and catch, but he gets set and releases quick. He could light us the hell up.

giphy.gif

UK is the 9th tallest team in the country. I'm not too worried about rebounds or them getting to the rim much, although they do have one guard that has been injured but made his return a week or so ago (Watts) that scored 18 and is apparently a driver (he only averages around 5-6 ppg though).

Honestly, we'd have to literally not show up Thursday to lose. The only thing that will keep this game within the spread will be them draining threes left and right. Our guards have a much better balance in perimeter vs. 2-pt shot attempts, and are pretty good at both, so if they choose to belly up to us on the perimeter, good luck with Reeves's floater or multiple lobs to our big men.

327, 3-point attempts out of 335 field goal attempts he has attempted this year is absolutely freaking CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

If a Kentucky guard goes for a pump fake of his on a 3-point attempt by him, JVC needs to sit them on the bench for the rest of the half holding a sign with a BIG ?? mark on it!!!!!!

He is a 5th year Senior who played his first four years at Hillsdale College in the Division-2 GREAT MIDWEST ATHLETIC CONFERENCE.

I heard that he was a minus 2-star recruit out of high school........😉😉
He rarely goes to the FT line, for reasons you've already stated - nearly all of his shots are perimeter, and of the 8 that weren't, 5 were toe-on-the-line long 2s. So he won't be driving the lane or flailing after a three.

He also shoots just 36.9%, so he qualifies for what we all call a volume shooter. He averages around 3-4 made per game, but had one game where he was 10-15 from three.

The most attempts he had this season was 20, and he made 7 of them. So I look for him to try as many as he can just to keep them within striking distance, but I expect Sheppard to guard him and do very well at it. Shep's weakness are quick athletic driving guards who blow past him - this Jack dude isn't going to be doing that.

If he hits his average, we blow them out. If he doubles that, we still cover the spread.

I’m older than the 3 point line so this argument is hogwash. The modern game is built for higher scores. The game has changed soooo much just since
Pete Maravich ripped us few times with 40 or more one game 75 pts ask him about the three pt line oh i forgot there was none OUCH

His highest point total this year was 31 against IUPUI (a horrible, horrible team).

He averages a whopping 12.1 ppg.

I'd not worry about him scoring 40, or 30. He might get 20, but I have a feeling we're going to be swarming them on the perimeter and letting Thiero man-handle Townsend down low (it sounds funny saying "down low" for their HUGE 6'6" forward....).

Pete Maravich ripped us few times with 40 or more one game 75 pts ask him about the three pt line oh i forgot there was none OUCH

That sure proved your point!! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂

I’ll break it down for you. I didn’t check you claim and took it as being factual. You said someone has scored 40 or more on us 5 times and 2 of the times are under Cal.

My response was saying that the modern game is different with spacing, 3 point line, the amount of 3’s taken in todays game.

You come back that Pete scored 40 on us multiple times and had 75 one game against us.

How does anything you said make a lick of sense??? I’m genuinely curious, not trying to be a butthole.

He has attempted 8 twos all season. Expect him to make 8 fgs inside the arc in this game alone lol.

He rarely goes to the FT line, for reasons you've already stated - nearly all of his shots are perimeter, and of the 8 that weren't, 5 were toe-on-the-line long 2s. So he won't be driving the lane or flailing after a three.

He also shoots just 36.9%, so he qualifies for what we all call a volume shooter. He averages around 3-4 made per game, but had one game where he was 10-15 from three.

The most attempts he had this season was 20, and he made 7 of them. So I look for him to try as many as he can just to keep them within striking distance, but I expect Sheppard to guard him and do very well at it. Shep's weakness are quick athletic driving guards who blow past him - this Jack dude isn't going to be doing that.

If he hits his average, we blow them out. If he doubles that, we still cover the spread.
Expect him to shoot 6 to 9 free throws.

Pete Maravich 52, 44, 52, 45, 55 and 64 against UK
Johnny Neumann 47 and 46
Ernie Grunfeld 43
Chris Jackson 41
David Robinson 45
Dalton Knecht 40

That is six and only Knecht did it against a Cal-coached UK team.

I’ve watched Oakland a few times.

UK should handle this team easily… especially coming off an absolutely embarrassing performance in Nashville.

If not, then Cal should be fired after the post game presser.

Johnny Neumann 47 and 46
Ernie Grunfeld 43
Chris Jackson 41
David Robinson 45
Dalton Knecht 40

2013 elshton turner scored more than 40 Cal team Texas a &m

I know that's their game but they're crazy if they don't put us in middle ball screens all game long. After two or three weeks of finally solving that issue, we relapsed majorly vs a&m. They should absolutely see if we cleaned that up or not.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He has shown no interest in taking it to the basket so any player who sags off of him or loses him because they are ball watching should be benched immediately.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Townsend leads them in points, rebounds, assist and steals. Seems if we go at him and get him on foul trouble our chances would have to increase greatly.

The dude is going to have a field day with our guards.
Wow you really are impressed with a player whom you do not know jack shit about. Do you base ALL of your opinions based off of reading articles ? IF he was that great, do you not think he would average a little more than 12 per game in the HORIZON league. He is not their best player, Townsend is, but he doesn't shoot 3's, he is a 6'6 post guy. Have you watched the kid play ? Know his strengths and weaknesses ? He shoots 3's, you know anything else ? I would think a guy you are so impressed with, would be better than a 36% shooter and average more than 12 points per game. He is ONE dimensional, he shoots 3's, that is it, that is the book on him. Stay on him, hand in his face. he does not drive, draw fouls, or attack the rim. STATIONARY is what they call a player who camps out at the 3 point line.

Johnny Neumann 47 and 46
Ernie Grunfeld 43
Chris Jackson 41
David Robinson 45
Dalton Knecht 40

And took a L on senior night at home. UT would have been better with Knecht getting 17 (like he did the 1st game at RUPP), and have everyone else involved. Spreading the wealth they call it. Funny, UT had a lot better game against UK when Knecht did NOT go nuclear. Kind of shits on the posters theory. The ONE guy who scored 40 against a Cal team (he was wrong on that also, I am shocked), the TEAM took a L.

Do they have any 25% shooters Cal will leave open intentionally?
No the problem is this kid will be left wide open multiple times during the game. Bet he gets 15 shots up easily against our defense with at least half of them being unguarded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT