ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland's Jack Gohlke has the 2nd most made 3 pointers in the country

He has shown no interest in taking it to the basket so any player who sags off of him or loses him because they are ball watching should be benched immediately.
Problem is, that’s what Sheppard does. He’s constantly sagging in to try to help on drives and is late getting out to shooters. It’s not going to surprise me if this team hits a dozen threes against UK.

But I don’t see them stopping UK. I think it will be closer than expected but UK pulls it out.

Problem is, that’s what Sheppard does. He’s constantly sagging in to try to help on drives and is late getting out to shooters. It’s not going to surprise me if this team hits a dozen threes against UK.

But I don’t see them stopping UK. I think it will be closer than expected but UK pulls it out.
Reed, Rob, Edwards, Adou and DJ all lag down even on a guy who has hit 5 in their face. It never ceases to amaze me that we don't face guard a guy that is hot.

Reactions: RunninRichie
No the problem is this kid will be left wide open multiple times during the game. Bet he gets 15 shots up easily against our defense with at least half of them being unguarded.
Well if he only shoots 3’s and makes about 1/3 of them and averages 12ppg that would mean he takes 12 a game. 15 in a game you are underdogs doesn’t seem very uncharacteristic.

A good coach will prepare our team for long rebounds against a team that shoots a lot of 3's and not stand under the basket. But, as others have said Kentucky's weakness is defending drives to the basket. This season would be a surprise to lose to an outside shooting team unless Cal reverts to his force it to the post offense like to Mitchell or Edwards, etc. and we have turn-overs.

They will probably be red hot from 3 making 10 in the first half while Reeves disappears, Reed doesn't shoot, and Dillingham has his Mr Hyde half.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
Well if he only shoots 3’s and makes about 1/3 of them and averages 12ppg that would mean he takes 12 a game. 15 in a game you are underdogs doesn’t seem very uncharacteristic.
But is he guarded or shooting wide open 3’s? He has gone 10-15 in a game earlier this year. Had a game he attempted 20. If he gets wide open looks throughout the game and gets 15-20 attempts he could easily knock down 10 3’s. My point was does cal focus on his 3 point shooting and do what he can to limit his looks or is it same ole same ole and we go into this game as if we weren’t even aware of what this kid does.

Reactions: TM2013
Wow you really are impressed with a player whom you do not know jack shit about. Do you base ALL of your opinions based off of reading articles ? IF he was that great, do you not think he would average a little more than 12 per game in the HORIZON league. He is not their best player, Townsend is, but he doesn't shoot 3's, he is a 6'6 post guy. Have you watched the kid play ? Know his strengths and weaknesses ? He shoots 3's, you know anything else ? I would think a guy you are so impressed with, would be better than a 36% shooter and average more than 12 points per game. He is ONE dimensional, he shoots 3's, that is it, that is the book on him. Stay on him, hand in his face. he does not drive, draw fouls, or attack the rim. STATIONARY is what they call a player who camps out at the 3 point line.
I read the 1st line and stopped. I hope it was interesting.

Reminds me of that guy from Wofford in the 2019 tournament. Could shoot the lights out but then went like 1-10 from 3 against us.

I listened to this kid's pregame interview. Really likable and he's excited to play Kentucky. He also mentioned that some of his teammates jokingly didn't believe him when he told them he has attempted 2 point shots before, he then said he probably won't against UK though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT