ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland’s Match Up Zone

catlogic15

Junior
May 19, 2003
Since Cal doesn’t look at film or prepare specifically for any team(according to him), will the Cats be ready? Have we seen a match up this year?

He mentioned it in an interview, so he's aware. As to if that makes a difference, 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Since Cal doesn’t look at film or prepare specifically for any team(according to him), will the Cats be ready? Have we seen a match up this year?
His assistants do this. He then consults with them afterwards and they make their plans.

He didn't literally mean the entire team doesn't do film or prepare. He was talking about himself in that "infamous" interview, and then went further to say his staff does most of that and they plan practices around the outcome.

His assistants do this. He then consults with them afterwards and they make their plans.

He didn't literally mean the entire team doesn't do film or prepare. He was talking about himself in that "infamous" interview, and then went further to say his staff does most of that and they plan practices around the outcome.

Don’t come up in here spewing facts and logic.

How can you make in game adjustments as head coach if YOU were not the one reviewing the film with YOUR team. Just another thing the 9 million dollar man has kicked down the road. At least he shows up to post game to explain what went wrong………uhh. No dat don’t happen either.

Reactions: KFuqua
I was shocked earlier in the season when one of the players said they just prepare a defensive scheme but don't really go over individual players offensive tendencies. It would explain why we act like we don't know a guy is a shooter when playing defense and leave them open way too often.

We're lucky we have so many capable shooters that can go off if others are having bad nights. I think Reed will be steady and have a good tourney. I think if we get out of the first weekend, Dilly will have a legacy type game, similar to Monk, at some point.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Damn, I just hope we come out focused in each game! Honestly believe this team will be a very tough out if they come in with the right mindset and really focus on playing solid defense. Not much worried about the offense.

Damn, I just hope we come out focused in each game! Honestly believe this team will be a very tough out if they come in with the right mindset and really focus on playing solid defense. Not much worried about the offense.
I agree with you Cowtown. With an average defense this team would be undefeated. Sadly they have shown spurts where they were fully engaged on defense and were average to slightly above average. They just don't do it for the entire game.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT