ADVERTISEMENT

O' Well 1 outa 2 isn't. A bit disappointed

ColonelCat

Junior
Jan 8, 2003
in the FB team, turning the ball over 4 times in last 1/4 and losing the game. But the BB team went as I exoected and won rather handily. Looking more and more like a contention team come march/april. Lots of fun to watch and all seem to be on the front burner. Even Burks has a few moments last night. Hoping and anticipating a great season, even though the "experts" pick us 4th or 5th in SEC. Games are played on the court not in a newspaper office with a pencil. We have the players and they seem to rely and look for each other on the court,

GO CATS show em.

Colonel

Reactions: Fox2monk
If it makes you feel any better, the football team lost an inconsequential bowl game against another mediocre team. A win or loss in the Gator Bowl has no effect whatsoever on the football program.

If it makes you feel any better, the football team lost an inconsequential bowl game against another mediocre team. A win or loss in the Gator Bowl has no effect whatsoever on the football program.
in the FB team, turning the ball over 4 times in last 1/4 and losing the game. But the BB team went as I exoected and won rather handily. Looking more and more like a contention team come march/april. Lots of fun to watch and all seem to be on the front burner. Even Burks has a few moments last night. Hoping and anticipating a great season, even though the "experts" pick us 4th or 5th in SEC. Games are played on the court not in a newspaper office with a pencil. We have the players and they seem to rely and look for each other on the court,

GO CATS show em.

Colonel
Yes. Playing a glorified exhibition against Illinois State is comparable with going to the wire in an 80+year bowl game against a top 25 team several years removed from a championship. Rafters sucks.

Some really dumb people posting in the Lair. I guess all those turnovers gave them their opportunity to dance around and tell everyone they were right about Stoops when they aren't right at all. 4 turnovers and STILL scored 35 points. Take away some short fields on those turnovers and we win easily. They were put in a position to win easily by the staff and coughed the ball up. Really hope Vandergrill is better than Leary. The defense played lights out but were on the field forever and had to overcome 3 of the 4 turnovers.

Some really dumb people posting in the Lair. I guess all those turnovers gave them their opportunity to dance around and tell everyone they were right about Stoops when they aren't right at all. 4 turnovers and STILL scored 35 points. Take away some short fields on those turnovers and we win easily. They were put in a position to win easily by the staff and coughed the ball up. Really hope Vandergrill is better than Leary. The defense played lights out but were on the field forever and had to overcome 3 of the 4 turnovers.
—I agree with you, and the Vandergrill guy is going to be special.

Btw: you can have HerrosHeros over here. We don’t want him anywhere near the Lair

Your first sentence being erroneous—especially compared with the post quality over here—I agree with you, and the Vandergrill guy is going to be special.

I literally left the Lair yesterday after so many posters went NUTS that Stoops cost us the game.

17 4th quarter points on three straight turnovers lost the game. Some of the dumbest posters on the face of the earth post there with their selfish need to say "told ya so" being their main priority.

I literally left the Lair yesterday after so many posters went NUTS that Stoops cost us the game.

17 4th quarter points on three straight turnovers lost the game. Some of the dumbest posters on the face of the earth post there with their selfish need to say "told ya so" being their main priority.
I agree. It wasn’t Stoops who lost it. I also hated the way some of our players were acting. If you make a big play or whatever—act like you’ve been there before. Don’t talk smack

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
What stinks about the football aspect of it, it seems we were 10 plays away from a 10 win season. We underachieved for whatever reason then we finish the year with something we didnt do much of all year, turnovers. It Stinks. We are better than this. We deserve better than this. That loss is hard to swallow.

Go Cats!

Yes it matters. Tell the fans that spent their $, it doesn't matter.
Clemson although down, is still a big name in football. When uk blows any game they should have won it matters. Again a coach being over paid that shrinks in the lime light. Poor coaching and lack of execution matters any time the team is on display.

Well Stoops didn't cause the TO's, but he could have been agressively trying to win on those 2 3rd and longs. He still wants to play old school FB (at least on defense) which only works if you have Bama or UGA's talent.

Mitch needs to give Stoops a raise if he wants to keep him needs that Nick Saban type money

Clemson although down, is still a big name in football. When uk blows any game they should have won it matters. Again a coach being over paid that shrinks in the lime light. Poor coaching and lack of execution matters any time the team is on display.
Ignore that idiot. He’s a fairweather fan

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Nothing is Stoops fault as usual.. 😂 I would almost bet our football only fans are closet UL fans. I’ve never met an actual Uk fan being ok with losing like some people on the lair.

I would hate to be your family because with that kind of mindset, you know they are 40 year old burger flippers making minimum wage. They are satisfied because “at least” they have a job.. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Ignore that idiot. He’s a fairweather fan
Nope. The game did not matter whatsoever. Fans can keep telling themselves that...but playing in a mediocre bowl against a mediocre team with players sitting out is the definition of inconsequential. If all these bowl games were so important, players wouldn't be sitting out.

Also, it is the fans choice to go watch a mediocre team play in a pointless bowl game. A loss is always on the table. Why would I feel bad for the fans?

Reactions: Christnole30
Clemson had a bunch of their top players opt out so it makes the loss that much tougher

The level of thinking is why our football team is in the shape it is. I can’t wrap my head around a loser mentality.
Because UK football will never ever be able to compete with the top schools. Never once have I ever gone into a Bama of UGA game routinely with any sort of confidence.

Because UK football will never ever be able to compete with the top schools. Never once have I ever gone into a Bama of UGA game routinely with any sort of confidence.

Difference in a decade ago and now is we pay Stoops top 10 money. When he was first hired, he was barely making $1 mil per season, now he makes almost 10 mil. We don’t have to settle for mediocre coaches or results anymore. Stoops is making Saban type money. I’m not saying we can get a Saban caliber coach but we can do better than incompetent Mark Stoops.

GO CATS show em.

Colonel
Yeah, but do we have THE COACH????

Difference in a decade ago and now is we pay Stoops top 10 money. When he was first hired, he was barely making $1 mil per season, now he makes almost 10 mil. We don’t have to settle for mediocre coaches or results anymore. Stoops is making Saban type money. I’m not saying we can get a Saban caliber coach but we can do better than incompetent Mark Stoops.
Absolutely!

Reactions: GoCats-GoHerd88
So fascinating that turnovers aren't Stoops fault as the coach but it's always Caliparis fault players miss FTs in close tournament losses or that players have bad turnovers in a close tournament loss.

Obviously a bowl game is a glorified exhibition while the NCAA tourney is equivalent of 4 and soon to be 12 team playoff but still, it is amazing how one coach gets a pass for player error but the other never does.

So fascinating that turnovers aren't Stoops fault as the coach but it's always Caliparis fault players miss FTs in close tournament losses or that players have bad turnovers in a close tournament loss.

Obviously a bowl game is a glorified exhibition while the NCAA tourney is equivalent of 4 and soon to be 12 team playoff but still, it is amazing how one coach gets a pass for player error but the other never does.
Well, the issue here is that Cal doesn’t make the team practice free throws. At least, he didn’t used to. That’s just mind blowing to me.

Who cares about being a couple of bad plays away from a 10 win season. That's not the playoffs. Just another pointless exhibition against a higher ranked team. It probably won't be good enough to make the new expanded playoffs. UK will have to have 1 loss for that because we all know they will never win the east. If it ain't UGA it will be UT. If it ain't one of those it will be UF or maybe Missouri. Just hope that we only lose to just one of them and don't shit the bed against MSU, or vandy like normal. Lol.

Why are we posting about this crap on rafters anyway?

Who cares about being a couple of bad plays away from a 10 win season. That's not the playoffs. Just another pointless exhibition against a higher ranked team. It probably won't be good enough to make the new expanded playoffs. UK will have to have 1 loss for that because we all know they will never win the east. If it ain't UGA it will be UT. If it ain't one of those it will be UF or maybe Missouri. Just hope that we only lose to just one of them and don't shit the bed against MSU, or vandy like normal. Lol.

Why are we posting about this crap on rafters anyway?

There is no more east. UK has 0% shot now of finishing n top 2 of SEC as opposed to maybe the 1% shot n the east when the east was down.

I agree that the playoffs have watered down the bowls to an extent they are glorified exhibitions. You have teams like FSU that unofficially boycotted their bowl with so many opt outs and numerous other opt outs and teams not caring. Bowls are like the NIT or CBI in basketball postseason.

I hope the playoffs eventually go to 24 like iaa level so maybe UK sneaks in some seasons. Right now with 12 it will take 10 and 2 regular season and in new sec don't see it. Stoops couldn't even finish the deal in 2018 or 2021 pre NIL era.

Our QB fumbled on our own 25 yd line, threw an interception at our own 37 yd line, our wide receiver fumbled on our own 29 yd line and somehow you say our Coach “shrunk” in the limelight? How exactly is Stoops responsible for these miscues? Please enlighten us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
The same ones downplaying the loss would have been crowing like roosters if they had won. Now their busy covering Stoops arse.

Our QB fumbled on our own 25 yd line, threw an interception at our own 37 yd line, our wide receiver fumbled on our own 29 yd line and somehow you say our Coach “shrunk” in the limelight? How exactly is Stoops responsible for these miscues? Please enlighten us.
Yes and I would like to know also. HJow is Stopps responsible?

We still should have won, prevent defense sucks and we couldn’t get two 3rd and long stops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT