ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I've had a few shasta's

No way, Dave. We are going undefeated the rest of the year, we'll get a number 1 seed in the tourney, and win the championship in March. Then we are getting a Delorean with a flux capacitor (after evading the Iranians) to go back and beat the 1992 Dream Team. Don't tell me I am wrong. I have based this hypothesis on information from some of posters intuitively noting the ifs and buts scenarios of our games and the influence of malicious refs who have kept us from Valhalla. This team is ordained by God and no amount of Shasta's will sully that.

Just want to say we're not as good as we think. Prepare for five losses. It's all about defense and rebuilding. If we escape out of Florida I will be surprised. Yes we have great players but there are deficiencies and you know as well as I do what they are
No offense to you but Kentucky is a damn good team that has the highest ceiling of any team in America. Name a team that has 4 guards that are as dynamic as ours. We average 91 ppg. As for Florida, they lost their 2 best players. Castleton and Reeves and don’t have anyone to replace them thus far. Cats will roll the Gators.

Just want to say we're not as good as we think. Prepare for five losses. It's all about defense and rebuilding. If we escape out of Florida I will be surprised. Yes we have great players but there are deficiencies and you know as well as I do what they are
Can tell by this post you’ve had a few Shasta’s. All teams have deficiencies. It’s clear Tennessee and Kentucky are the cream of the crop in the SEC. May take a few lumps in conference play, but I see no reason to be pessimistic like you are based on what we have seen in non conference play. Kentucky is a top 5 team right now. Post was just unnecessary and without merit to be honest. Get some sleep Dave. Go Cats!

No way, Dave. We are going undefeated the rest of the year, we'll get a number 1 seed in the tourney, and win the championship in March. Then we are getting a Delorean with a flux capacitor (after evading the Iranians) to go back and beat the 1992 Dream Team. Don't tell me I am wrong. I have based this hypothesis on information from some of posters intuitively noting the ifs and buts scenarios of our games and the influence of malicious refs who have kept us from Valhalla. This team is ordained by God and no amount of Shasta's will sully that.
I don't worry about the Iranians but you better fear the libyans.

It’s safe to say the sky is falling and we’re not that good. If we drop in the polls again no one should complain.

what are in those shasta's?
drunk straw GIF

This. Unless Cats have worked out some things on defense we will not get a W at Florida. Cats will go as far as their defense improves.

Time for some more Shasta’s Dave, get on the UK train baby! We rolling out.

Reactions: catman111
I understand both the optimism as well as the caution. We will have a better understanding after these next three games: tough competition, not necessarily final four quality, two in hostile conditions, in an eight day period. Remember previous, very good teams had three or more conference losses at a time when the SEC was much weaker. It may be possible that we end up with a great team with those five conference defeats

Reactions: CGblue
I love this team and they are fun to watch but Dave has some valid points. If you don't think we have to make big improvements on defense and rebounding I don't know what to tell you. It may, and probably will, cost us some games on nights where the shots aren't falling for us. Time yet to improve but we need to start seeing it soon.

Of course the team has some deficiencies. Every team does. There's no perfect team out there. I think we have less downside than anyone and more upside than anyone.

I don't need to be cautious as a fan. The team and coaching staff need to worry about that stuff. Of course the SEC is tough with all these teams having UK as their biggest game of the year and playing in some of those hellholes with awful SEC officials.

But we are the best team and we are getting better every day. They can worry about us. I'm not worried about them.

Go Cats!!

Thanks for the feedback Dave, I’m going to take it with a grain of salt. Your batting average has been good lately. 😜

13-5 is not bad against the schedule we’re facing. Gonzaga is not very good this year, gotta take care of that one. 14-5 to finish the regular season is acceptable, the expected result. It won’t have us in the hunt for a 1 seed, but could/should be enough for a 2 though.

The thing is, we have the star power to turn 2-3 of those would be losses into wins as this team seems to have the close out capability, but remains to be seen if that will translate to SEC road games. Pull that off and go 17-2 or 16-3 to close it out and that’s a 1 seed resume. 17-2 from here might be a number 1 overall resume depending on how things shake out.

The SEC is tough again this year, but I think it’s slightly down from the last 2 years. We likely have 3-4 players who will be drafted before anyone else in the SEC is drafted. This team has a chance to assert their will through superior talent and dominate the conference. That’s what a Championship level team would do.

Every team has deficiencies. I think we have the best SEC team. Not a 96 jaugernaut though. I’m sticking with my SEC 1st 14-4 prediction.

Reactions: BigKari
I can only hope you are as accurate with this as you have been through the years with your insider recruiting and NCAA information. If so, Kentucky has an excellent shot at #9.

I expect to see improvement on defense. All are capable. I would also expect to see the shooting numbers come down with more energy spent on defense. Likely to get into their legs a bit. But you can take that if the defense is improved.

As I look over the entire conference, it appears to me that the regular season champion of the SEC would win it outright with only 4 total in conference losses. To my eyes, Auburn (once again) has the easiest conference slate out of the title contenders. I can see Auburn and Tennessee both with only 5 losses. However, something is gnawing at me about the Vols. I don't think they are as good as everyone thinks they are this year. I'm expecting to see them with a minimum of 6 conference losses. Ole Miss, maybe joining them with "only" 6 conference losses.

Which brings us to Kentucky.

I think we can get out of the schedule with only 4 losses and win the regular season title. Maybe share it with Auburn, if they can hold it to 4 losses as well. Overall, I like our chances at running the entire schedule with 4 more losses in total. SEC tournament championship, too.

To me, that seems like it puts us squarely in the picture for a #1 seed, #2 at the worst. That is, provided, of course, that is how it all plays out.

The Big 12 this year is the most interesting conference to see how it shakes out. Normally, we'd all be handing Kansas the trophy already, but BYU, Houston, and the regular assortment of others are going to make the Big 12 conference an interesting thing to see how it pans out.

For my money, it's still Kansas with a marked advantage ( AKA - Allen fieldhouse) and the inside track to the regular season title. So how will the Big 12 impact the top NCAAT seedings this year?

Presumably, Arizona and Purdue look to finish tops in their leagues. Which would place them as 1 seeds. Tops in the Big 12, should get another 1 seed. Leaving 1 #1 seed left. Will it be UConn ? Someone else in the SEC if it isn't Kentucky? I dunno.

But I think our Cats can - and will - rise up to claim that #1 seed. 4 conference losses isn't much off from 5 conference losses total, but it can be done. And if we don't nab that #1 seed, #2 is quite obtainable.

Eyes on the prize. Let's do the best we can night in, night out, and take them one game at a time.

Starting with Florida.

Let's go get 'em !

Go Big Blue !

Weird post from a usually positive guy. Hacked?

Let's see how we do before saying we're bad. We do have defensive woes that our offense has protected so far. We need to immediately ramp up defense, but that can be fixed. Thankfully, Cal has had historical success with getting his teams to play good defense. It's the offense where he usually flails, but this year he's got one of his best offensive teams ever. Just do what he usually does and we should be fine, surprising even the most negative folks/fans.

Also, as I've said earlier this season, there will be a ton of 5-8 loss teams in the top 25 and top 4 seeds this year. The transfer portal is creating a huge parity shift. Granted, teams like Houston and James Madison will not play anyone worth a damn for the rest of the year, so they may squeak in with less than 2 losses. But teams in real conferences will come out battle tested and have a few losses.

I think we have 3-4 conference losses, we roll the SEC Tournament and get a 1-2 seed in the tourney.
25-6 or 24-7 is my prediction, the league is as stacked in terms of teams ceilings as once though but the floor of a lot of these other SEC teams this year is higher than it has been in awhile

I can agree that 6-8 losses is likely. Best case 5 and worst case 9 IMO. That being said I don't see any power 5 school having any less than 4-6 losses either. So that will still have us at the top of the pile come March. I think we are top 5 this season and our roster is the best in the country. Just have to keep getting better every game.

With the transfer portal and NIL I think they days of 1-3 loss power 5 teams in all but gone forever. Parity is at an all time high and a lot of fans need to realize how much the game and NCAA has changes over the past 20-30 years.

Last edited:
Our defense and rebounding definitely have a ways to go, but we have a lot of upside. I don't know if there really is a dominant team right now in college basketball, just look at what happened to Arizona and FAU.

I do like our potential more than any other team. Whether or not we reach it remains to be seen. I predict 4 losses in the SEC and we still figure things out. The Florida game will be a tough game and good measuring stick as to where we are.

...... Houston ...... will not play anyone worth a damn for the rest of the year .......
Actually, Houston is in the Big 12 now. They've got some tough games .....

kansas twice.
texas twice
both home and away

@ Oklahoma
@ baylor
@ BYU

etc.

we'll see how good they are. too tough of a schedule to coast, that's for sure.

New look Big 12 is very interesting this year.

A win at UF and we hit the ground running in the SEC. This is a big game. Any road win buys time for other teams to cut each other up. We haven't been a front runner in the SEC for 2 or 3 seasons, time to change that.

A win at UF and we hit the ground running in the SEC. This is a big game. Any road win buys time for other teams to cut each other up. We haven't been a front runner in the SEC for 2 or 3 seasons, time to change that.
Agree, if we can pull off a victory we will hard to handle going forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT