ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Lights Friday night

Nothing here in Louisville, Ky. . Sure wish we could have seen it. It sounds like it was Spectacular!

Reactions: hmt5000
My buddy out in Madisonville just sent me some amazing pictures he took with his phone. Pink rays. Very Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Here in Cynthiana the skies are crystal clear but I haven't seen spit.

Maybe I just keep going outside at the wrong times. Do you just have to keep staring up into blackness until you see something and not blink?

Reactions: JrandoUK
We never get to see anything good in Louisville. Always something happening. Even the eclipse was mostly cloudy.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
I might be wrong but it seems the energy from this messed with my body. Back was aching really strong this evening and it went away after the peak and jaw bone ache just felt really weird it seemed. Anyone else feel the tug on thier body during that peak around 8.

znsVbqe.jpeg

I'm in BG and have awesome pictures of all colors. Unreal how bright they were, and how long it lasted. I expect to see them again tomorrow evening
I would love to see the pictures. Any way you can put some on here? That would be SOOOOO COOL!!!!

I might be wrong but it seems the energy from this messed with my body. Back was aching really strong this evening and it went away after the peak and jaw bone ache just felt really weird it seemed. Anyone else feel the tug on thier body during that peak around 8.
Yes. Back pain was exceptionally bad.

Wish I didn’t fall asleep early. I live at about 4,000 feet in elevation and it would probably have been pretty good.

Reactions: chroix
Hey fellow Big Blue fans. Just wondering if y'all saw the northern lights tonight (Friday)? They were spectacular down here in southern Kentucky. The biggest display I've ever seen in my lifetime.
I saw a cool picture from the UK yesterday. I didn’t know it was visible all the way here.

I have talked to people that went looking for the Northern lights in rural areas of nothing but cornfields and could not see them.

You have to let your eyes adjust to the night when you go outside. Stay there 20 minutes and get in a dark place away from light.

Don't be a Magoo.

WOW!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!! Just AMAZING!!!
First time in 49 years i can remember them being able to be seen here in Knott Co.. I couldn't really see it with just my eyes,, although you could see the brightness of them.. I had to set my speed on my camera to 15 seconds and ISO to 1500-3600.. Whatever all that means.. I know crap about photography..

Reactions: susan2361
The last time I can remember seeing them well was in 2000 or 2001. They weren’t nearly as good as last night.

We get them pretty often where I live in Alaska. But by this time of year it's not dark enough.
I’m in Alaska too! What area are you in? I’ve honestly been kinda disappointed in the northern lights. I thought it would be spectacular but every time I’ve seen them has been pretty underwhelming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT