ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Colorado wing Dalton Knecht to Tennessee

Translation: You're not consistent in your argument of staying on topic; and you have no present argument when it comes to being optimistic about the state of the program.

I've noticed that you swing to the personal side of things when you run out of ammo with real basketball arguments, then you do exactly what you're accusing everyone else of by derailing threads and taking personal shots.

Fascinating stuff.
Current reason for optimism.

Being unoptimistic is soul draining in all parts of life.

We have a highly touted group of freshman and plenty of time to fill the holes on the roster with serviceable parts, with the chance for at least one highly impactful transfer.

We have an open coaching spot I'm interested to see who we fill it with. We've had a good team both the last two years that we couldn't cash in on due to injuries and guys disappearing in big moments.

The highest points of the last two seasons show that Cal can still win and win big against good competition. I just think we've had some mentally weak and glass players of the last few seasons that have wilted when the pressure is the highest.

This season was absolutely wild with no clear dominant teams and we ended with a final four that would have been hard to predict if you permutated every possibility of the bracket. I think this type of landscape will continue as NIL and instant eligibility transfers continue so we've got as good a shot as anyone.

That was the one guy in the portal I wanted badly.Sucks.
I would have really liked to have this kid too, but how do you exactly sell a kid like this to come play where there is a log-jam of 5 star kids, or major contributors, that are already here at the positions he plays, along with the possibility of more coming back? Most of these kids can't afford to have a wasted year sitting on the bench when their future is in jeopardy. And before anyone jumps in and screams "competition," I wholeheartedly agree. However, the unknown of their playing time is going to stir most of the top talents in the portal. I am sure Dalton wants a certain number of guaranteed minutes, along with being a focal point on a top collegiate team. I just didn't see how we were going to get this kid to come in the first place with who was already on the roster.

Reactions: Lempface
I would have really liked to have this kid too, but how do you exactly sell a kid like this to come play where there is a log-jam of 5 star kids, or major contributors, that are already here at the positions he plays, along with the possibility of more coming back? Most of these kids can't afford to have a wasted year sitting on the bench when their future is in jeopardy. And before anyone jumps in and screams "competition," I wholeheartedly agree. However, the unknown of their playing time is going to stir most of the top talents in the portal. I am sure Dalton wants a certain number of guaranteed minutes, along with being a focal point on a top collegiate team. I just didn't see how we were going to get this kid to come in the first place with who was already on the roster.
We will never know if UK had a chance since Cal didn't even try.

Very reasonable take. As much as we'd like guys to compete and have self confidence they'll win out for a starting spot, it's just not the way things work anymore.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Strange that other teams fill their rosters.
Have to look at the situation. Who did UT have left on roster that was going to push him for starter minutes?

We have guys coming in at 1-2-3-4 positions. Which is why the main guy we are in play for is a 5.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Meanwhile, Cal being "player's first" and waiting on Livingston...

wait-bored.gif
Well he is recruiting the number one portal guy so there that.

Reactions: JLoad22
You have a choice to be optimistic or not. This is not just a basketball thing but also a life thing.

You keep trying to label me as some Cal defender or that I'm in some cahoots with UK to spread "propaganda."

I've repeatedly shared my displeasure of team performance the last several years. I just refuse to let it fester in my head to the point it's the only subject matter I post about. To the point where others are trying to have a basketball discussion and it gets derailed by the exact same posters posting the exact same complaints everyone has already expressed ad nauseum.

At this point knowing Cal will be here next season and knowing we're extremely unlikely to be able to influence a change prior to the season or at all, I just don't worry about it anymore. So I'll just be optimistic that our best class in years actually pans out and I'll cheer my team on through every game like I always do.

He'll either turn it around and stay and be successful, retire, or it'll get worse and he'll be removed eventually. I'm just tired of talking about it at this point.
You didn't answer his question though, what are we supposed to be positive about? Cal has the program in one hell of a nosedive and the culture he has created is eating the program from the inside out. It’s not about UK anymore and it's not about winning games. It’s about the players only and now they’re holding UK hostage.

Last edited:
Sad state of affairs that you are actually celebrating fans making a coach and his family miserable to the point they leave.

If this is the type of fan activism you support then I find that disgusting.
Any coach that puts the NBA draft ahead of the program, should hear it and hear it through a bullhorn. Cal is drowning this program, but you don't see it.

You didn't answer his question though, what are we supposed to be positive about? Cal has the program in one hell of a nosedive and the culture he has created, is eating the brogram from the inside out. It’s not about UK anymore and it's not about winning games. It’s about the players only and now they’re holding UK hostage.
I did answer in another post. But you don't need any specific thing to trigger optimism, it's a mindset.

Current reason for optimism.

Being unoptimistic is soul draining in all parts of life.

We have a highly touted group of freshman and plenty of time to fill the holes on the roster with serviceable parts, with the chance for at least one highly impactful transfer.

We have an open coaching spot I'm interested to see who we fill it with. We've had a good team both the last two years that we couldn't cash in on due to injuries and guys disappearing in big moments.

The highest points of the last two seasons show that Cal can still win and win big against good competition. I just think we've had some mentally weak and glass players of the last few seasons that have wilted when the pressure is the highest.

This season was absolutely wild with no clear dominant teams and we ended with a final four that would have been hard to predict if you permutated every possibility of the bracket. I think this type of landscape will continue as NIL and instant eligibility transfers continue so we've got as good a shot as anyone.
So you're optimism is a flippin' recruiting class? How long are you going to fall for Lucy pulling that football, Charlie Brown?

Reactions: Catfan2226
I did answer in another post. But you don't need any specific thing to trigger optimism, it's a mindset.
Whenever Cal does his job, all these people you are calling out, are on here patting him on the back, then the asshole gets in front of the microphone and talks about fans can get on the back of the bandwagon. Then he embarrasses himself the very next game and runs from the microphones.

He’s a clown show and sorry, but I'm done getting excited about recruiting banners.

What are you going to say when he captain's the team to another 10 loss season and early exit this year? At what pount will you stop taking the bait?

Whenever Cal does his job, all these people you are calling out, are on here patting him on the back, then the asshole gets in front of the microphone and talks about fans can get on the back of the bandwagon. Then he embarrasses himself the very next game and runs from the microphones.

He’s a clown show and sorry, but I'm done getting excited about recruiting banners.

What are you going to say when he captain's the team to another 10 loss season and early exit this year? At what pount will you stop taking the bait?
I'm not taking any bait. I just refuse to be a defeatist before we've been bounced and I refuse to spend my time moping about shit that I have no power to change. So I'll support my team just like I do every year whether it's a banner season or a 9 win season.

That’s not true. I don’t know where you come up with that. He’s versatile enough to play either spot. Hell cal even floated playing him at the 3 for a minute. It’s obvious by pursuing Dickinson and pressing for a ugo return cal is going to play two bigs so if ugo and bradshaw are on the floor together or if oscar returns bradshaw will gladly play the 4.
Yes sir, ccc and his 1980 style of play

I don't know much about this kid beyond him being a good shooter and his stats against power 5 schools, were not good.

Tennessee plays extremely physical, is this kid up to that? How will he fare in the most athletic conference in the country

We see these guys shoot great at these other schools, but then they come here and their percentages drop. CJ had to set some kind of record for how extreme his drop was.

I doubt this happens, but maybe Cal thinks Livingston is coming back. If Chris does return, I'll take him over Knecht, because I know he can compete in this conference.

I'm not sure how Chris would fit on this team given the fact his momma won't let Cal play him at the 4, but if he comes back, I wouldn't mind it.
Disagree
Livingston is limited offensively. This kid can handle the ball and shoot and seems more athletic

You're not very good at math. We're probably losing 6 seniors, 2 transfers and 2 guys going pro early off a team with no depth. 5 new guys ain't gonna cut it.
Ok. We will see. Keep doom n gloomin everything.

You aren't gonna get top transfers to come sit the beach just to say you have your scholarships filled out
Dickinson, ugona, adou, reeves plus 5 freshmen
I believe they try n add 1 more player.
That's 10

Ok. We will see. Keep doom n gloomin everything.

You aren't gonna get top transfers to come sit the beach just to say you have your scholarships filled out
Dickinson, ugona, adou, reeves plus 5 freshmen
I believe they try n add 1 more player.
That's 10
10 is not gonna cut it. We’ve had 11 the past two years and were wrecked with injuries by the end of the season. Cal needs to fill his scholarships. All of these guys are on a one year lease anyway so no reason he can’t get a decent player who may want to make some money before leaving college. They don’t have to be all stars but they need to be better than Lance Ware and the walkons.

I'm not taking any bait. I just refuse to be a defeatist before we've been bounced and I refuse to spend my time moping about shit that I have no power to change. So I'll support my team just like I do every year whether it's a banner season or a 9 win season.
Speaking the truth about the state of the program, is not being a defeatest and it's not being negative, it's simply telling it like it is.
What you are, is gullible. You’re still thinking #1 recruiting class banners are something great. Well, we had the #1 class in 2020, Cal managed to go 9-16 with that class, so why the hell would we fall for it again?

So what's going to happen if Cal goes 25-12 this year and gets beat befire the sweet 16? What are you going to say then?

Seems like a good player, but you never know with kids from smaller schools. Malachi Smith was very inconsistent for Gonzaga this year.

Speaking the truth about the state of the program, is not being a defeatest and it's not being negative, it's simply telling it like it is.
What you are, is gullible. You’re still thinking #1 recruiting class banners are something great. Well, we had the #1 class in 2020, Cal managed to go 9-16 with that class, so why the hell would we fall for it again?

So what's going to happen if Cal goes 25-12 this year and gets beat befire the sweet 16? What are you going to say then?
I don't gaf about recruiting class rankings if they don't perform. I have hope they perform because highly rated players tend to do so. We've have some issues w/ guys not living up to the hype lately, but this wasn't just a UK evaluation thing, those players were all highly highly regarded and recruited and either injuries or just not being ready for the physical nature of the game and stage derailed them.

If that record comes out next season and we lose before S16 then I'll be looking forward to the following season just like I do normally. We, and no one else, wins the title or even makes a final four on a regular basis. I cannot change the coach so I just don't worry about it.

I don't gaf about recruiting class rankings if they don't perform. I have hope they perform because highly rated players tend to do so. We've have some issues w/ guys not living up to the hype lately, but this wasn't just a UK evaluation thing, those players were all highly highly regarded and recruited and either injuries or just not being ready for the physical nature of the game and stage derailed them.

If that record comes out next season and we lose before S16 then I'll be looking forward to the following season just like I do normally. We, and no one else, wins the title or even makes a final four on a regular basis. I cannot change the coach so I just don't worry about it.
You "don't care about recruiting classes", but that's what you told us we should be positive about.

Congratulations on being captain of the gullible team, there's nothing wrong with being gullible, but what I find tasteless, is you coming on here and calling others out for expecting more out of the highest paid coach in the history of college basketball. You want to ignore all the failures and focus on things that do nothing for the program. Sorry, but that doesn't work for me.

You "don't care about recruiting classes", but that's what you told us we should be positive about.

Congratulations on being captain of the gullible team, there's nothing wrong with being gullible, but what I find tasteless, is you coming on here and calling others out for expecting more out of the highest paid coach in the history of college basketball. You want to ignore all the failures and focus on things that do nothing for the program. Sorry, but that doesn't work for me.
No I don't care that we have a good recruiting class if it doesn't result in a good team. I'm not an guy who is excited we have so many NBA players in the league or a guy who thinks having the best class each year is an achievement. I'm hopeful we will have a good team because we have the #1 class but if it doesn't turn out that way then it's of no meaning to me.

Subtlety can be hard guys, I get it.

No I don't care that we have a good recruiting class if it doesn't result in a good team. I'm not an guy who is excited we have so many NBA players in the league or a guy who thinks having the best class each year is an achievement. I'm hopeful we will have a good team because we have the #1 class but if it doesn't turn out that way then it's of no meaning to me.

Subtlety can be hard guys, I get it.
Guys like me, Cowtown, SOS and about a million other UK fans were saying those same things every year until we just couldn't fool ourselves anymore.

I would feel differently if Cal didn’t have such an 'I don't care' attitude towards the whole thing. He has put this program to lows it has never seen in 100 years, he has the worst season and the worst NCAAT loss in the history of UK basketball and he has the nerve to attack UK fans, while acting like none of this is a big deal. I don't know how guys like you can watch all this happen and feel like it's no big deal and this guy is going to actually start caring about UK basketball. He has done everything to show us how little UK basketball means to him and how much individual players draft stock is more important than anything else. This guy is not the same guy that hired on back in 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT