ADVERTISEMENT

Norlander (CBS) reporting separation with Cal extremely unlikely

Yeah I don’t believe this to be honest, this entire situation has been hush hush. Now a CBS guy just has a source? Read my above thread also.

I am 70 years old. I started following UK when I was 8. Cotton Nash was the man. I have been with them through great times and bad. Ever since COVID it has been hard with the NBA and addressing generational poverty. I was so hopeful with this crew but I am holding on to a slippery rope. I thought we were on the verge of getting back to winning championships and the name on the front of the jersey. If this is true, other than God and family, the greatest hobby joy I have had in my life is over. It will be one of the saddest days in my life. I will be done until we have a new coach that cares.

What’s the chances this guy trolled him? Known troll account posted this and the wording is almost the same as the CBS guy. Idk you be the judge
That’s from Trilly’s discord. It’s more likely that this is the source Norlander is using. Trilly is pretty dialed in apparently.

No, but you will forever labeled as a "Cal Nut Hugger". You have to be 100% negative 100% of the time in order to not gain this title.
Ehh I’m already labeled that. And me saying I thought Cal was returning wasn’t saying that’s what I wanted. Just what I thought would happen given the landscape of college basketball and the situation at the university right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Cantblockme4
They love first round exits! Oh I forgot they love losing in the SEC tournament as well! THEY ARE TRULY (THE EXCUSE MAKERS)!
they love them some Calipari!
Currently there is not a home run hire out there so no reason to fire a coach to get one of equal or lesser value.
Yeah it takes a home run kind of coach to get these awesome results with our program. No one else can do that

That’s from Trilly’s discord. It’s more likely that this is the source Norlander is using. Trilly is pretty dialed in apparently.
Again the only person who posted this was the troll account. You can easily fake something like this…. If someone is apart of the discord go look and see

Currently there is not a home run hire out there so no reason to fire a coach to get one of equal or lesser value.

People keep talking about there not being a home run hire like there’s magically going to be one next year.

Jon Scheyer and Hubert Davis neither one seemed like great hires. Yet they’re both better than Cal.

Truly almost anyone in college basketball will be an upgrade for UK. Cal doesn’t give a damn anymore.

This shit should’ve happened after the St.Peter’s loss. Barnhart is absolutely clueless.
No successful blue blood coach in the history of college basketball would have been fired after the St. Peter’s loss so no it shouldn’t have.

You can't fix stupid and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Mitch is pathetic.

If they were worried about him being detrimental to the program, they would have fired him 5 years ago.

And nobody listens to that show. Nothing he could say on there would damage the program.
You really think a coach coming off an OT Elite 8 loss was going to be fired? There’s not a chance in hell that happens at any school unless it’s for cause.

Clown show of an athletic department from top to bottom. It’s pathetic on all levels. We are sitting here in March 2024, and all know in March 2025 Kentucky will lose in the first weekend again. Barnhart is bringing him back on the premise of changes needing to be made, hey Barnhart you damn idiot calipari won’t make any changes or stick with the small ones he even contemplates. He literally doesn’t listen to his assistants or the scouting reports. Jesus Christ this whole thing is a fricking clown show

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
We will see if Cal likes what Mitch says and is willing to accept what Mitch has to say. Cal expects to stay but he may not want too after that conversation

Reactions: CatPhight
For what it is worth, they can bring him back, but I won't be back until he is gone. Life is too short to spend it following a program that is going nowhere. At this point, John could drop his pants in front of The Board of Trustees and Mitch wouldn't fire him. Lol

I do think the results of the last 4 years would get most coaches canned.
Well St. Peter’s wasn’t the last four years, at the time that would have been the last two years. And I do highly doubt a guy like Self would be fired after four similar seasons.

Let’s see if I understand this right…someone in the national media has a source but local media that has direct ties to the program doesn’t know anything.????
Norlander knows his crap doesn't surprise me at all he has better sources than Matt Jones

Well St. Peter’s wasn’t the last four years, at the time that would have been the last two years. And I do highly doubt a guy like Self would be fired after four similar seasons.
I’d say 9-16, one SECT win and one NCAAT win, zero regular season titles, and a handful of embarrassing would get most coaches fired- Self included. That’s a terrible stretch for any coach.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that a buyout was never seriously considered and neither was firing. We may learn that all along it was Barnhart's intention to give Calipari a stern talking to and nothing else.
Basically, we're going to be right back here going through all of this again in 12 months. No way will next years team have anywhere close to the talent this one did. And Calipari certainly isn't going to learn any new tricks either. Sad thing it will be a miserable year, except for those that are part of the Calipari Cult of Personality. He literally is infallible in their eyes.
I predict we will struggle to make the tournament next season and finish middle of the SEC pack or below. But, I guess the good news is that Calipari's buyout will have dropped to $25 million then so yay!

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that a buyout was never seriously considered and neither was firing. We may learn that all along it was Barnhart's intention to give Calipari a stern talking to and nothing else.
Basically, we're going to be right back here going through all of this again in 12 months. No way will next years team have anywhere close to the talent this one did. And Calipari certainly isn't going to learn any new tricks either. Sad thing it will be a miserable year, except for those that are part of the Calipari Cult of Personality. He literally is infallible in their eyes.
I predict we will struggle to make the tournament next season and finish middle of the SEC pack or below. But, I guess the good news is that Calipari's buyout will have dropped to $25 million then so yay!
If this is the case, Barnhart needs to get out. He needs to retire and leave.

No successful blue blood coach in the history of college basketball would have been fired after the St. Peter’s loss so no it shouldn’t have.

Yep. Every coach gets 1. Shit happens.

But 2 in 3 years is a sign of deeper problems than a fluke upset.

Reactions: dl51344

That’s what I am thinking as well. Next year will be a hybrid of 2013, 2018 and 2023 but with fan angst at 9-16 level. We likely will be right here again about this time next year. Hope I’m wrong.

A "successful blue blood coach" never would have lost to a high school team in the first place. Not to mention the home loss at Rupp this season to UNC Wilmington.

It's become clear. Cal doesn't give a shit anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT