ADVERTISEMENT

Noah committed

I like Noah but a better shooter than Reed? Reed is probably the best shooter in UK history or is damn close to it. If Noah is better than him that would be beyond incredible. I hope he is.
Noah was a better three shooter in high school than Reed. Sheppard really took it to another level in college. He was above average, but improved 10 percentage points in college than in high school. Noah shot 4 percentage points better than Reed and played in the same region as him. Noah is a great shooter, but it would be hard to match what Reed did this year. That's why Reed didn't stay for year two. He had a career year and needed to leave while his stock was at its highest.

Noah was a better three shooter in high school than Reed. Sheppard really took it to another level in college. He was above average, but improved 10 percentage points in college than in high school. Noah shot 4 percentage points better than Reed and played in the same region as him. Noah is a great shooter, but it would be hard to match what Reed did this year. That's why Reed didn't stay for year two. He had a career year and needed to leave while his stock was at its highest.
How does Perry compare with those two?

Michiganstate Football GIF - Michiganstate Football Spartanfootball GIFs

Be careful or you will be called a hater.
Anything but a hater, just being realistic about their first year. There’s already a solid 9 man rotation without them if they add Lanier or Robinson. I don’t see who they’d get minutes over, and doubt pope goes that deep into his rotation.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Love this pickup. Great to get kids from the state to testify to other players what it means to play for the blue and white.

That, and he may develop into a solid contributor in a couple of years.

Love this pickup. Great to get kids from the state to testify to other players what it means to play for the blue and white.

That, and he may develop into a solid contributor in a couple of years.
Agree,He will be good for us by his junior year.

Saying Noah is a better shooter is ok but doing it at the college level is different than high school. Reed shot just over 50% and that just doesn't happen very often at any level. Noah seems to be a good outside shooter but I wouldn't make statements that he is a better shooter than Reed because what Reed did last year was amazing.

We should always have a couple spots for the top guys in our home state. Glad to hear it. Not sure I understand the hate, he’s exactly the kind of guy that would manage to go on a heater for South Carolina and cook us in some random late Tuesday night game a year or two down the line to a chorus of whining on here questioning why we didn’t offer him.
Sometimes we can look at more and sometimes we shouldn't take even one maybe for a few years because it depends on the crop.

Not every top kid in the state is a fit and sometimes there may possibly be more than two.

It depends. It always depends.

Saying Noah is a better shooter is ok but doing it at the college level is different than high school. Reed shot just over 50% and that just doesn't happen very often at any level. Noah seems to be a good outside shooter but I wouldn't make statements that he is a better shooter than Reed because what Reed did last year was amazing.
Reed passed up so many shots. It was infuriating.

Noah and Perry are not as great an athlete as Reed. Both can fill it up, but don't expect either of them to have a freshman year like Reed. Reed's bloodline included an NBA father and a Kentucky Ms. Basketball for a mom. Reed was stereotyped and people downplayed his athleticism.

It was also unexpected. If you look at the numbers from HS, Noah is the better shooter. Reed had a phenomenal year we all enjoyed but he more than likely caught lightning in a bottle and we never should have expected it to continue at that same rate in the following years had he stayed.

Reactions: track42
I like Noah but a better shooter than Reed? Reed is probably the best shooter in UK history or is damn close to it. If Noah is better than him that would be beyond incredible. I hope he is.
Did you ever watch him play?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT