ADVERTISEMENT

Noah committed

What You Are Is A Fraud Tom Ellis GIF - What You Are Is A Fraud Tom Ellis Lucifer Morningstar GIFs

He might be a contributer sooner than ppl think. If you are a good shooter (he is) then the way Pope's system works, you don't have to be the most athletic player on the court. He uses the 5 guys in tandem to create opportunities for each other. As long as he can play smart defensively, Pope can use him early.

Sounds like someone misses Calipari. If you miss his style of recruiting, I'm sure they have room over there if you miss him so much. Quit bashing Pope's style of getting players to come to this University. He is doing a Fantastic job so far. IMO
I hate Cal but facts don't matter I guess.

Reactions: Soupbean
I’d be thrilled if Noah surpasses expectations but just because someone thinks he won’t contribute much in year 1 doesn’t mean they’re trying to piss in anyone’s Cheerios. I think he’ll be a good player but he’s gonna be on a team of fifth year seniors. I don’t really expect more than spot minutes for him right away.

And that’s fine. We need guys like that.

He might be a contributer sooner than ppl think. If you are a good shooter (he is) then the way Pope's system works, you don't have to be the most athletic player on the court. He uses the 5 guys in tandem to create opportunities for each other. As long as he can play smart defensively, Pope can use him early.
The cut and dried trolls are literally standing on a bar stool holding a sign saying "look at me, I'm a troll".

Nobody else would be this critical this early.

Reed was a mickey D boy though.
Reed didn’t do anything in his Sweet Sixteen games that overshadows what Noah did there—at all. You would think it was against the same general level of competition.

I do not expect Noah to come in and be a starter. But I do expect him to surprise people who have this general “he’s just a biggish fish in a tiny pond” view of him. Especially in Pope’s “here let me offer you a wide open three” offense.

We should always have a couple spots for the top guys in our home state. Glad to hear it. Not sure I understand the hate, he’s exactly the kind of guy that would manage to go on a heater for South Carolina and cook us in some random late Tuesday night game a year or two down the line to a chorus of whining on here questioning why we didn’t offer him.

Never said he wasn't. The point was he exceeded many expectations. You never know what will happen until they hit the court. I can tell you though that Noah is bigger than Reed and he is a better shooter.
I like Noah but a better shooter than Reed? Reed is probably the best shooter in UK history or is damn close to it. If Noah is better than him that would be beyond incredible. I hope he is.

Many people said the same thing about Reed and we see how that turned out.
Reed was a better athlete than most give him credit. I guess many people stereotyped him. If the NBA is going to pick you in the top 10, then they have to be impressed with how an explosive of an athlete you are. Trent might never make the NBA , but very few college players actually do. It's only like 1.2% of the players that make that jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT