ADVERTISEMENT

No news on DJ Wagner is interesting to me...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I'm guessing he will end up at Arky. Them getting Boogie Fland does make me wonder about the situation.
I don't think he will stay here but if he does not follow Cal to Arky after the longtime history he has with that family that tells me they were not happy with the way last season went.
We shall see.

Wagner will go to Arkansas. I think Cal told them to wait so they could try to lock in Davis.
Maybe it pans out this way....but why in hell would DJ go to a school with Boogie Fland and Davis....they all play the same spot and style he does.

I'm guessing he will end up at Arky. Them getting Boogie Fland does make me wonder about the situation.
I don't think he will stay here but if he does not follow Cal to Arky after the longtime history he has with that family that tells me they were not happy with the way last season went.
We shall see.
Well Fland is probably better so Wagner will definitely start.

Reactions: CatsFan4Evr.
I told yall the other day, he is on the outside looking in. Boogie and Davis are the backcourt, if something goes sideways with one of them, I’m sure Cal will reel him in or try to. But Boogie is starting and Davis is starting, Knox/Richmond at the 3, Z/Garrison inside. Obviously as other pieces come in to focus, that could change but that’s what it is as of today. I hope Wagner comes, obviously that would be sweet but he doesn’t want a diminished role I’m sure, so I figure he’ll try and get something better.

I told yall the other day, he is on the outside looking in. Boogie and Davis are the backcourt, if something goes sideways with one of them, I’m sure Cal will reel him in or try to. But Boogie is starting and Davis is starting, Knox/Richmond at the 3, Z/Garrison inside. Obviously as other pieces come in to focus, that could change but that’s what it is as of today. I hope Wagner comes, obviously that would be sweet but he doesn’t want a diminished role I’m sure, so I figure he’ll try and get something better.
I know you’re new to this, but the odds of Cal benching DJ are minimal. His allegiance to DJ just cost him his dream job, if we’re getting right down to it.

Maybe it pans out this way....but why in hell would DJ go to a school with Boogie Fland and Davis....they all play the same spot and style he does.

Only thing I can think of is he knows he will be give preferential treatment like he was at UK over two guards that were better than him.

I will be surprised if DJ goes to Ark. I think he was a little put out with Cal knowing that there were 2 players on the bench that were better than him. When they came off the bench the fans went nuts and that had to affect him some. It may be the same situation if he does go to Ark. JMO

We shall see.
I believe Cal told DJ not to talk about his plans for Arkansas until after he suckered his backup players into signing.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
But Butler fits Pope's system?
Butler can defend, has Final 4 experience, and is a seasoned college player.

DJ probably has higher upside, but we've see how much UK has benefitted from team full of players with high upside.

Frankly, I was ready to see the backside of having a roster full of players with upside!

😂 Knox as a 3 - you F’ing idiot.

Reactions: ukfan041
DJ was terrible to the point where I didn’t want him back this year. I can’t say I’ve thought that for any other freshman ever.
I've watched for over 50 years and we're talking one of the 3 worst starting point guards versus one of the 4 worst starting forwards. I'm just saying when you're talking about terrible versus terrible it's hard to say one was a lot better than the other; there is no positive case that can be made about either.

Well, in the college game the “3” can be a lot different things depending on roster construction. Could be your most physical guard, could be a 3&D wing, just depends. In this case, not only is Knox the most physical wing player on the team as it stands (6’6 225) but he’s also literally listed as a small forward. What a weird hill to die on, 😂.

Reactions: BigTyrone

You’ll have to excuse the Arkansas fans that found out they have a basketball program last week and decided to come poke the bear.

Never mind we literally threw Cals old ass out after we got sick of his losing. lol. They still haven’t figured that much out so understanding the UK castoffs and their positions is gonna take some time. His idea of Knox is funny because it shows he has no idea how Calipari coaches lol.

They’re pretty embarrassing but not much we can do. They’ll see it as soon as they play St. Peters in the NCAA’s or the NIT losses or Ole Miss in the SEC tournament. They have no idea how many times other programs get on here and end up embarrased and roll. Happens every year with a different SEC team. In their defense, they’re not used to even being a revolving program that wins sporadically. It must be cool for them to pretend they’re UK for a few years. Happy for’m in a way. But what I’m really looking forward to is Calipari treating them and their program like shit after big game losses. He thinks Arkansas is a nothing program and he won’t tolerate a single back word out of them. Imagine their face when they hear he’s headed home to see his dogs and doesn’t give a shit after the first round loss🤣

Last edited:
I know you’re new to this, but the odds of Cal benching DJ are minimal. His allegiance to DJ just cost him his dream job, if we’re getting right down to it.
He’s not on our team…maybe that changes but as of today he’s not, and he’s visiting USC. I’m sorry he played Wagner over Reed or whatever, that’s not my call, but I’m not saying he’ll bench him, I’m saying I don’t know that he’ll be on the team. I hope he is, but he’s not a priority but would be a luxury. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand, I’ve been telling yall that for a week now. Burks will be the next to commit, then maybe Garrison on Monday, possibly Davis first, then either Garrison or Aidoo later in the week. That would be my guess. Wagner would be a nice dude to have but I don’t agree with most that it’s a forgone conclusion. Certainly not if it were to compromise Boogie or Davis’ recruitment.

You’ll have to excuse the Arkansas fans that found out they have a basketball program last week and decided to come poke the bear.

Never mind we literally threw Cals old ass out after we got sick of his losing. lol. They still haven’t figured that much out so understanding the UK castoffs and their positions is gonna take some time. His idea of Knox is funny because it shows he has no idea how Calipari coaches lol.

They’re pretty embarrassing but not much we can do. They’ll see it as soon as they play St. Peters in the NCAA’s or the NIT losses or Ole Miss in the SEC tournament. They have no idea how many times other programs get on here and end up embarrased and roll. Happens every year with a different SEC team. In their defense, they’re not used to even being a revolving program that wins sporadically. It must be cool for them to pretend they’re UK for a few years. Happy for’m in a way. But what I’m really looking forward to is Calipari treating them and their program like shit after big game losses. He thinks Arkansas is a nothing program and he won’t tolerate a single back word out of them. Imagine their face when they hear he’s headed home to see his dogs and doesn’t give a shit after the first round loss🤣
So your position is that Knox isn’t a small forward, like you’re really gonna do this? I mean this as respectfully as I can be, but what about anything I’ve posted for the last two weeks would make you think I would post something and not be right?

Also Just for the record, we’ve been to two Elite 8’s and a sweet sixteen since y’all have seen the second day of the tournament…what in the world are talking about?

F80iocZW0AA6R0A
IMG_6561.jpeg

Just leaving this here for the two gentleman above, not trying to rub salt in it or be disrespectful to the very cool people who have been very cool to me.
@UKBloke
@wcc31

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTyrone
Well, in the college game the “3” can be a lot different things depending on roster construction. Could be your most physical guard, could be a 3&D wing, just depends. In this case, not only is Knox the most physical wing player on the team as it stands (6’6 225) but he’s also literally listed as a small forward. What a weird hill to die on, 😂.

Go look up what happened when your washed up coach shoehorned these Top 10 guys (besides Hopkins)into the 3:

Trey Lyles
Bryce Hopkins
Khalil Whitney
Chris Livingston
Justin Edwards

You’re about to find out the hill’s not thst weird at all. Buddy, I’ve had this exact same conversation here for years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
F80iocZW0AA6R0A
IMG_6561.jpeg

Just leaving this here for the two gentleman above, not trying to rub salt in it or be disrespectful to the very cool people who have been very cool to me.
@UKBloke
@wcc31

Disrespectful? You misunderstand. We're done with relying on freshman. Seeing these guys go doesn't phase us at all.

Also dj is absolutely going to Arkansas. No way cal doesn't take care of him. He literally tanked an entire season for him so he isn't stopping now.

Like others said, he's probably holding off so cal can sign Davis. Once that's done, dj will commit and there will be turmoil.

Wow it's almost like UK fans saw this movie before

He’s not on our team…maybe that changes but as of today he’s not, and he’s visiting USC. I’m sorry he played Wagner over Reed or whatever, that’s not my call, but I’m not saying he’ll bench him, I’m saying I don’t know that he’ll be on the team. I hope he is, but he’s not a priority but would be a luxury. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand, I’ve been telling yall that for a week now. Burks will be the next to commit, then maybe Garrison on Monday, possibly Davis first, then either Garrison or Aidoo later in the week. That would be my guess. Wagner would be a nice dude to have but I don’t agree with most that it’s a forgone conclusion. Certainly not if it were to compromise Boogie or Davis’ recruitment.

You said DJ was on the outside looking in and that you have your backcourt. Well aware that DJ isn’t on your roster yet. Would be shocked if Cal isn’t planning to add DJ, and will be shocked if DJ isn’t prioritized if Cal lands him.

Maybe DJ wants a fresh start. Might not be a bad idea. But it would be truly bizarre for Cal and his ego to so egregiously mishandle our team last year by riding DJ all the way to a first round loss, only to bench DJ the next season.

The Cal/DJ relationship is unique. Maybe it’s soured now, but I’ve never seen Cal play favorites to this degree, and he plays favorites a lot.

F80iocZW0AA6R0A
IMG_6561.jpeg

@UKBloke
@wcc31
You think Kentucky fans care about some random 4 star freshman 🤣? We’ve recruited 3x more 5star recruits in the last 5 years than you have in your programs history 😂. Ofc we have nothing to show for it thanks to our shitty ex coach, but thanks to you we no longer have that problem. So tyvm 🫵🙂👍

Wagner knows the deal because he just finished living it. Cal promises minutes to his best freshmen, then recruits over them and sends them on. If they're not good enough to get drafted after one season, they transfer and the next guy gets the job. Wagner had his chance with Calipari last season. Now that Boogie Fland is on the team, DJ won't be the starter. So, I think Wagner ends up elsewhere. Otherwise, he's coming off the bench. If Wagner is smart, he would return to UK, but he doesn't care at all about UK. Cal didn't teach his players to appreciate Kentucky. UK was just a means to an end. Arkansas fans will find out in time.

Wagner knows the deal because he just finished living it. Cal promises minutes to his best freshmen, then recruits over them and sends them on. If they're not good enough to get drafted after one season, they transfer and the next guy gets the job. Wagner had his chance with Calipari last season. Now that Boogie Fland is on the team, DJ won't be the starter. So, I think Wagner ends up elsewhere. Otherwise, he's coming off the bench. If Wagner is smart, he would return to UK, but he doesn't care at all about UK. Cal didn't teach his players to appreciate Kentucky. UK was just a means to an end. Arkansas fans will find out in time.
💯! This post is spot on, I still believe it’s a ploy to raise his NIL. We all know his dad is a Cal guy thru and thru. This is just theater IMO. We all know Fland will get benched for Wagner to play. It really changed my opinion on the players from last years team. Not a single one of them appreciated the school to me. Even after Cal hoodwinked them and changed schools at the last second. Some of them got ran over and didn’t play no matter how good they played.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT