ADVERTISEMENT

No JUCO's

LOL he is way better a player he was this time last year. He still has a a ways to go but give me a break . Lets look at him since Travis went out

Ole miss 6 pts 4 rebs 1 block
UT - 8 pts 7 reb 3 blocks
Arky - 7 pts 15 rebs 4 blocks
Au - 4 pts 3 rebs 4 blocks

Those are good , obviously not great , but decently good numbers and more then that he changes so many shots when he is there too. Also while he doesn't get lost near as much on D or O like EJ does. I feel bad for EJ as you can tell he just flat out doesn't understand what is going on at times. And that was a big knock on him comin out of HS . He is an elite talent but has poor b-ball IQ . But that can be improved with time and study.

As far as JUCO no way. We will land at worst IMO 2 of the 3 of Brooks , Mcdaniels and Todd and I also think Cal as other things up his sleeve , he always does.
If you ignore all of the mistakes and only focus on the few good moments you end up with your post. I’m talking about Nick, so many errors. He gave up more points and opportunities to ole miss than he created for UK. Mommas don’t look at children more favorably than you did Nick.

As far as JUCO no way. We will land at worst IMO 2 of the 3 of Brooks , Mcdaniels and Todd and I also think Cal as other things up his sleeve , he always does.

More outrageous "guarantees" that are sure to be wrong with your kiss of death. "At worst" we will get two of those guys. So ridiculous.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Just wondering if anyone thinks Cal will go after a JUCO big man this off season. If all we have is Nick and EJ were in trouble next year. Ive never known cal to take a juco but we need help down low
Basically, all of the ranked juco prospects have already signed or committed. Cal has not recruited a juco since he has been here.

I think Herro and Keldon will enter the next NBA draft. Let’s assume Hagans, Quickley, Baker, Montgomery, and Richards return. Maxey and Allen have signed with us, and I believe Whitney will follow through with his commitment. That’s 8 players.

I believe Cal will sign 3-4 more out of Hurt, McDaniels, Brooks, and reclassifications. Possibly a grad transfer.

If you ignore all of the mistakes and only focus on the few good moments you end up with your post. I’m talking about Nick, so many errors. He gave up more points and opportunities to ole miss than he created for UK. Mommas don’t look at children more favorably than you did Nick.
Nick Richards has a chance to become a decent player eventually. But he isn’t there yet. Too inconsistent. Too many mental mistakes. Too many fouls.

I don't get all the Nick Richards hate....he's not ever going to be a guy that can post and score the ball a ton....but this year alone he's turned into a very good shot blocker and much improved board man (still mediocre....but way better than last year).

There is value in guys like this....and his last two years at UK will be better than his first two.
He is a role player at best and he is cool with it. So lets see Cal get out there and bring in the meanest, baddest sob on the block and plant him there for next year.

From an offensive standpoint, I think part of the reason Nick and EJ look bad at times is I don't think Cal gives them any role in the offense. It seems like he only wants them catching lobs. How many times this year have you really seen either make a concerted effort to post up? Next year I think that changes.

Reactions: awf
I watched more than one big man turn into pretty damn good players by the time they are seniors......Nick is still having to think while he is out there........he hasn't been playing since he was a child.......people on here whine about OAD and then they whine about a kid that takes 3 or 4 yrs to develop......he has been doing pretty good in my eyes.......he makes mistakes but that will change.......

I agree with THOT. Cal gives them no role. I truly think he doesn’t know what to do with EJ. Too much talent for him to be running around the perimeter all night. We need a big guy next year that is about 6’10 240 and has great low post skills. Balance the scoring and it will keep keep the double teams down.

Tacko Fall at UCF is a senior. I’d love to see the staff put out a feeler and see if he’s going to look to grad transfer.

Pretty stout body for 7’6. Rebounds, blocks shots, and Dunks...that’s what Cals best teams have in the paint. He’s pretty mobile with solid footwork on top of that

Basically, all of the ranked juco prospects have already signed or committed. Cal has not recruited a juco since he has been here.

I think Herro and Keldon will enter the next NBA draft. Let’s assume Hagans, Quickley, Baker, Montgomery, and Richards return. Maxey and Allen have signed with us, and I believe Whitney will follow through with his commitment. That’s 8 players.

I believe Cal will sign 3-4 more out of Hurt, McDaniels, Brooks, and reclassifications. Possibly a grad transfer.
Darnell Dodson of Miami Dade JUCO was signed by Cal early in his tenure at UK, 4 stars, but did not last long.

Come on man. Both have largely been garbage all year. They’re nothing more than role players who can give spot minutes. If we have to rely on either next year we have no chance at a title. Zero.
You have been garbage ever since you have been on this board.

Richards isn’t going to develop much, he makes so many mistakes it’s hard to believe. He doesn’t know how to properly double down low, he fouls because he’s way out of position, fumbles easy rebounds, I could go on but the general theme is he does virtually nothing well or consistent.

I’m not trying to put him down but you can’t honestly talk about him and bring much positive to the conversation. Either Cal gets a competent big next year or go ahead and hope to reach the elite eight at best.

I have said since the beginning of the season that Richards doesn’t belong at UK and was vastly overrated. Cal wasted way too many minutes trying to turn him into something and it’s been nothing but a mistake. Richards cannot play basketball. He’s tall.

Maybe by his senior year he could be a 10 and 7 guy if 30 mpg but at what price?

I’m good with him transferring or trying to go ahead to the G league. There’s a bunch of guys I’d like to have 3 or 4 years and I understand the need in guys returning but Richards doesn’t belong here.

Having said that, I’d take Richards over Bolden any day of the week.

What's the chance Louisville gets smacked around by the NCAA with a 3 year ban and Mack leaves? Should that happen would Igiehon flip to UK?

It's funny how some of the same people bitching about players leaving early now want to run Nick off.

What is wrong with you? What on earth would make you call a person you have never spoken to stupid? :chairshot: Because he doesn't play basketball up to your or other peoples standards you call him stupid? I was always told that someone who demeans others is only trying to make themselves appear to be a better person...........he is attending college.........

Yup we have some wonderful fans, not harmful to talk about their shortcomings but calling them stupid is quite harsh. I'm thinking those doing that must have been all americans back in the day. :)

It's funny how some of the same people bitching about players leaving early now want to run Nick off.

I want players to return who can help the team. Richards runs the risk of running recruits off. He needs to be recruited over or we won’t go anywhere.

I watched more than one big man turn into pretty damn good players by the time they are seniors......Nick is still having to think while he is out there........he hasn't been playing since he was a child.......people on here whine about OAD and then they whine about a kid that takes 3 or 4 yrs to develop......he has been doing pretty good in my eyes.......he makes mistakes but that will change.......

If Nick is ok being a level above a project, and we can easily recruit over him, I’m good with him staying. But we can’t depend on him at any point if we want a title. Cals knows this that’s why he has tried to recruit over him every single year. It’s also why Cal went after Reid.

I think richards best days are ahead of him as a player. He will figure it out. A lot of it is mental and when he figures it out he will be an impact player. He looked great in the Bahamas and once he gets it going I think he will take off. He has it in him

I think richards best days are ahead of him as a player. He will figure it out. A lot of it is mental and when he figures it out he will be an impact player. He looked great in the Bahamas and once he gets it going I think he will take off. He has it in him

All I’ve ever seen from Richards is his ability to play with smaller teams that don’t have athletic and tall big men. He’s not able to play on both sides of the ball agaiinst above average competition

Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But we can’t depend on it. Richards has some of the worst hands on a big I’ve ever seen. It’s only marginally improved.

I see lots of people wishing it to happen but it just never happens.

It’s March 2019. Richards is essentially a junior.

If Nick is ok being a level above a project, and we can easily recruit over him, I’m good with him staying. But we can’t depend on him at any point if we want a title. Cals knows this that’s why he has tried to recruit over him every single year. It’s also why Cal went after Reid.
I am sure Cal is glad you are good with Richards staying.

Honestly Cal would have tried to over recruit on AD if he would have stayed, that’s just Cal. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT