ADVERTISEMENT

No EJ Montgomery for NBA Draft Combine

I say we won’t get Blackshear with EJ and Richards back!

Hagans/Quickly
Maxey/Juzang
Whitney/Juzang/Allen
McDaniels/Sestina/Brooks
EJ/Nick/Sestina

The lineup possiblities dang!

I'm not suggesting he WILL transfer, only that it may be a more likely option than leaving for the NBA. The 'why' would be unhappiness with how he was used this past season and a potentially loaded frontcourt that may be about to add two more players.

He can still get valuable info on what the pros want him to work on whether he stays or transfers.

Adding McDaniels and juzang with ej and Richards returning is fine with me don’t think blackshear has much interest in another year of college ball and definitely not here

How in the..

Cal has to be thinking Platoon for this year.

Also, It's worth pointing out that a roster of: Hagans, IQ, Richards, EJ, Brooks, Mcdaniels, Maxey, Allen, Whitney, Juzang, Sestina, and Blackshear..

.. could wind up being the most talent on a single college basketball team in history. No, not necessarily the best starting 5.. but Kentucky is basically running elite talent, from top to bottom, aside from two walk-on types.

Wouldn’t even hold a candle to 2015 you’ll never see a rotation like that again

The rational thing would seem to suggest returning to school for guys like EJ, Richards, and Blackshear who aren’t projected, but things are not always that way. Go to the D/G league, or overseas where the money is better. Tryouts, etc. You’ll make a team somewhere and get paid. We’ll just have to see. Sucks doesn’t it? Having part of your happiness tied to the whims of 19 year olds.

EJ should leave UK for the NBA, overseas, transfer, whatever if he's going to continue to want to play out on the perimeter primarily. Cal won't use him that way and I don't really blame either party, just wasn't the right fit.

Can’t see him playing another year in college

Interesting. I figured the answer might be "He's transferring elsewhere (Florida)".. Didn't he not get an invite to the NBA workouts today?

Not knowing all that much.. I would guess that his NBA aspirations just aren't there being an upperclassmen and sub100 recruit.. and that other schools might be in play with the fact that Kentucky's about to have a football size roster next year..

Kyle Tucker has suggested this on his podcast. Tucker has a decent relationship with the family so I assume his comments have some merit. Even without that "evidence", one would have to be naive to think the family would be excited with how their son was used this season. My guess is they expected he would play and contribute a lot more than he did.

How do you think he was used ineffectively?

Interesting. I figured the answer might be "He's transferring elsewhere (Florida)".. Didn't he not get an invite to the NBA workouts today?

Not knowing all that much.. I would guess that his NBA aspirations just aren't there being an upperclassmen and sub100 recruit.. and that other schools might be in play with the fact that Kentucky's about to have a football size roster next year..

Also I think we will get McDaniels and EJ and Richards will be back we added a grad transfer big guy already hard to see adding blackshear to the mix

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
How do you think he was used ineffectively?

When did I ever say that he was? I’ve speculated about what the family may be thinking based on what others have said & overall common sense. Nothing I have stated is anything more than speculation & hypotheticals; I’m not sure why you’re struggling so much to understand this.

When did I ever say that he was? I’ve speculated about what the family may be thinking based on what others have said & overall common sense. Nothing I have stated is anything more than speculation & hypotheticals; I’m not sure why you’re struggling so much to understand this.

I was just asking your opinion

If you are a 5 star soon-to-be Sophomore and you are scared off by incoming freshmen, then that should tell you the NBA might not be in your future. Not saying EJ is though. Have no idea.
I don't think it's an issue of being scared off by freshmen as much as being scared off by a potential high profile grad transfer with two years of ACC level basketball over you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT