ADVERTISEMENT

No Edwards or DJ

"Player's first" = if a guy feels the least bit sick or stubs a toe, they get to choose if they sit out.

It's diva culture, and Cal leads the parade.

Don't think that is fair of DJ Wagner at all. That dude competes. Is that really your perception of Wagner? Or Thiero?

Reactions: JonathanW
Still standing by my conspiracy that Cal makes up injuries and illnesses just to have excuses in case we lose games. There’s no other explanation at this point with the “luck” that we have with the stuff.
Read his books sometime. He admits that he does. Yeah clowns still laugh when you say it.

Reactions: nkycat22
What it looks like:

- DJ taking his turn on the bench to “help” Cal with the rotation problems. Last game was Dilly. Maybe next game its Bradshaw.

- Edwards, being protected cause he just can’t play him right now.

Seriously, this is what it looks like. Maybe it’s not, but can you blame me for even thinking it?

Always something. Never ends.

Not buying the DJ ankle injury either. Wheeler had an ankle injury around this time too.

and we will limp towards Min March , lose , rinse n repeat with a new group of. " OMG " players . It's just not 2 missing tonight , Edwards is Sick but sets with the team all evening ? Now hes still sick ? Whatever , I dont care

Reactions: RunninRichie
Where this really hurts us is guard depth bc now we are top heavy again and will see 2 forwards, a C, and 2 guards instead of 3 guard lineups the majority of the game. Bc you need a guard sub

Read his books sometime. He admits that he does. Yeah clowns still laugh when you say it.

I have heard/read him say that he will mask suspensions with injuries so as to not bring scrutiny on a kid.

Never once have I seen him say or write that he does this to have a built-in excuse in case we lose.

If you can prove he said that, I will admit that I am wrong, but I don't believe your statement is accurate in the absolute least.

I have heard/read him say that he will mask suspensions with injuries so as to not bring scrutiny on a kid.

Never once have I seen him say or write that he does this to have a built-in excuse in case we lose.

If you can prove he said that, I will admit that I am wrong, but I don't believe your statement is accurate in the absolute least.
Not talking about built in excuse. I know he doesn’t do that. But he does lie to “protect” them. Like Wheeler quitting last season.

Not talking about built in excuse. I know he doesn’t do that. But he does lie to “protect” them. Like Wheeler quitting last season.

Well the post you quoted was that he fakes injuries to have built in excuses if we lose.

So of course that is how I took it.

Yes, he does lie about injuries when it's really a suspension or something.

At least that's a less overt swipe at the fanbase.
It wasn't a swipe at the fanbase at all. People were wondering what this team looks like with Reed 100% running the show and Edwards getting spot minutes. Tonight shows us that out of necessity. No issues with it so far really.

I really wish we could get a complete breakdown, year by year, of how many times a player or players were injured under Cal. I've been watching for nearly 50 years. Never seen anything like it before Cal.

I mean, just look at the notable times :

various times at tourney time
all throughout the season with multiple players every year
DJ and Edwards now, suddenly

I cannot - I really CANNOT - under any circumstance - understand how this has happened so many times with Cal's teams.

If this is a byproduct of rough practices, then this is a coaching issue. If it's a by product of how Cal has managed the roster throughout the season, wearing out players as we go along, which seems to happen all the time, we've got a coaching problem.

Honestly, luck has a place in all of this. REAL BAD luck. But c'mon. No way this is something that the head ball coach is not ultimately responsible for here. Not nowhere near as much as this has happened under Cal.

Hell, I miss a few hours, and the first half of the game, and learn this !?!?!? WTF ?

Things like this seriously erode any confidence in Cal, it always has been the case. It's never going to change as long as he is here.

Let's pray we can win this game and get healthy for the Vols. But win this game first. everything else is secondary.

good grief charlie brown

Louisville is a shitshow. We are a top 10 team and have our best chance to make a run in March in several years.
Not sure if you have been following college ball at all this year.

We are the only highly ranked team with championship aspirations that has experienced bad losses and has no hope for improvement. 😁

Still standing by my conspiracy that Cal makes up injuries and illnesses just to have excuses in case we lose games. There’s no other explanation at this point with the “luck” that we have with the stuff.
I didn't hear Cal blaming our loss at SC on being short handed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT