ADVERTISEMENT

No Defense or Discipline

DEF EFF dropped from 59 to start the game to now 74.

It's ok though no need to worry as some fans said we scored 105 what is there to worry about ?

And what did we do to their defensive efficiency? The team is what it is at this point. It's a title contender. Enjoy it. Relax.

Our guards are all very poor defensively and have been all season. Wagner is the best, but he gets beat a lot, too.

Their guards scored 89 of their 96 points. Bigs scored only 7 … think about that.

Our bigs, especially AB & Ugo, are terrible at letting the opposing teams big seal them out of the play when dudes drive to the basket. It's getting hard to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: ACT ONE and catben
Our bigs, especially AB & Ugo, are terrible at letting the opposing teams big seal them out of the play when dudes drive to the basket. It's getting hard to watch.

They’re terrible at letting the other guy perform an illegal move? Yeah no shit

Oh, they’re serious. Miserable bunch of whiners.
If you think the overall defense for this whole season is nothing of concern you will probably get a big surprise in March. Our opponents are averaging over 80 ppg. The last three opponents have scored over 90. At some point that will come back to bite us when it truly matters.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Another worrier that doesn’t have a clue about basketball. We coasted most of the second half, didn’t have to play lol. When you get out of your teenage years you’ll understand.
Yet another personal attack from someone whose vocabulary is limited to camouflage, deer and bird species. Of course everyone knows we were coasting, but you can coast and still not embarrass yourself on defense. Your posts don't make much sense, either.

Yet another personal attack from someone whose vocabulary is limited to camouflage, deer and bird species. Of course everyone knows we were coasting, but you can coast and still not embarrass yourself on defense. Your posts don't make much sense, either.
Embarrass yourself?? Hahaha it really looked like they were embarrassed lol. You’re posts have to be embarrassing for you because they’re blatantly wrong.

If you think the overall defense for this whole season is nothing of concern you will probably get a big surprise in March. Our opponents are averaging over 80 ppg. The last three opponents have scored over 90. At some point that will come back to bite us when it truly matters.
I didn’t say anything about our d. I choose to enjoy wins rather than wring my hands about the sky falling. You can always find things to whine and complain about if you look hard enough.

So you’re calling someone out for personal attacks by personally attacking them. Well played.

After we allowed them score like they did our kenpom went from ranked in the 50's to the 70's. By the time the season is over we will be the worst defensive team in the nation. Mostly because let's them coast in to finish line. Is he even aware of how this will hurt us in march?
Don't tell DeTuHu that.

I didn’t say anything about our d. I choose to enjoy wins rather than wring my hands about the sky falling. You can always find things to whine and complain about if you look hard enough.
This is a messageboard for UK fans to discuss the games and players. Good and bad. If you don't want to hear others' opinions on the games, you may not be in the right place. I'm sure there is a subreddit for pom poms out there.

I am almost thru the first half and the officiating is horrid. Way too much hand checking and arm bars on Georgia defense. Nothing being called. Thought they made those things a point of emphasis about three yrs ago. It’s a joke. Games are getting way too rough again.

Reactions: Seakat311
This is a messageboard for UK fans to discuss the games and players. Good and bad. If you don't want to hear others' opinions on the games, you may not be in the right place. I'm sure there is a subreddit for pom poms out there.
Thanks for your clever guidance, but I came here after the game as I find it fascinating how some “fans” react to big wins by hand wringing and complaining. Fascinating behavior actually.

Cats are like USC football. Fun as Hell score 100 but can’t stop anyone else from scoring, even mediocre teams

What is irritating to me is the collapsing off ball defender leading to an open 3. I may stab myself in the eye if this continues.
This is what kills me too!!!! Opposing coaches know we do this and they keep a shooter on the opposite side of the offense to get a WIDE OPEN 3 look.

Another thing is our Bigs(except for Z tonight) follow the opposing Big out from under the basket to allow their Guards to ISO our Guards to drive to the basket. Bradshaw is the WORST for it!!

Ugo is better, but he falls for EVERY head fake. Big Z holds his ground, splits the difference and defends the rim!!! When UGA made their run to end the game, Cal kept Z out, WHY???!!!!!

So what happened at the UNCW game? It just takes one game in March when you have an off game shooting and a consistently bad defense to go home for the season. If we had a really good defense we would be unstoppable, but we are far from that.
No UGO, No Wagner and no Z in that game. We have a healthy team we don't lose that game. It was also Bradshaw's first game of the year. We have too many weapons now. "Off" nights are not a worry for me. Dilly had only 2 tonight and we dropped 105.

Reactions: Seakat311
What do I need to understand? We allowed GA to get back in this game. At home. With 7-foot generational talent having a big night.

You’re gonna understand in March when we go home on the second weekend or before when we have an off night offensively. Defense can show up every night. Offense can go in a minute and boom it’s over.
They did not get back in the game. It was never in doubt.

Just block this that guy, I did. One of the worst posters on the board.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well there is 4;46 left and the officiating is worse in the second half. Having been a ref for 47 years I just abhor the way the ncaa has changed the rules over the years. It has ruined what used to be a great game.

Cal does not know anything about D great recruiter and this team can put alot of points on the board but teams have to play D. There is really no excuse they all are big and great wing spans but Cal cannot or will not play but one D which is man.

I have a crazy thought. What if they don't need defense?
200w.gif
Let’s see how that works out for the rest of the season and Tournament time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT