ADVERTISEMENT

No calls being taken On Cal’s Call in show

Cal should be told if he can't putting winning games and championships as the number one priority he needs to go. The putting 2 or 3 five stars ahead of team and winning has got to go. The best players should start and play. Let the 5 stars earn their playing time. If they can't hack it so be it. And we need rosters that are strong and physical enough to match up with anyone. If he can't do those things he needs to go. Not right the way he does it.

Last edited:
remember when Tubby pulled this stunt?

wasn't that his last call in show as coach?
I do recall him doing a radio show and the tone of it was “everything is fine” and a day or 2 later it was announced that he accepted the Minnesota job.
Unlike Cal, Tubby took calls. Some of them were a little uncomfortable, but nothing like what I could imagine calls that would have come this evening if the average fan was calling

I do recall him doing a radio show and the tone of it was “everything is fine” and a day or 2 later it was announced that he accepted the Minnesota job.
Unlike Cal, Tubby took calls. Some of them were a little uncomfortable, but nothing like what I could imagine calls that would have come this evening if the average fan was calling
my memory of it was he did not take calls, just him and Leach talking

but maybe that isn't correct

This moron just said that he's not going to rush decisions.
Doesn't seem to care if it will cost UK critical portal transfers.

Also said they likely won't add more than two transfers total.

I can't stand this trash heap of a human.
No room for transfers unless a lot of folks leave. Reeves gone and Dilly. No one else should.

I heard just about everything I needed to hear out of John Calipari. I am completely on board with his administration and I am beyond hyped for next season.

/s

None of this is surprising. He happily has stated 3 time on TV/Radio since Thursday (2 times Thursday night) and today that he is not changing.
It is more important to get 1 to 3 guys in the NBA each year than to win a basketball game for UK. He will not recruit over his promised players. Next Year we will see it with whom he plays no matter how horrible they are. I am guessing the 4 to 5 games that Edwards played well was worth the others where he got 15 minutes and has a 0 line across the board. Same for DJ. DJ at least played D.

Before SHEP comes back he should look at options NBA / Transfer portal to a team where he can Start, Learn, Play for a team trying to win something.

Reactions: cathead64
He’s certainly talking like a guy who thinks he will be back next season.

Its not about grinding
He’s certainly talking like a guy who thinks he will be back next season.

This is the problem with Cal . . ITS NOT ABOUT GRINDING OR PLAYING HARDER!!!!! Its about X and O's. He's completley oblivious to the fact that its what their doing not how hard their trying to do it. Cal thinks its alwasy the latter. These guys hustled and fought their tails off, they're just not physically tough guys so any body else in the face of the earth would have tried to help them by scheming differen defensive approaches. Or they would have COACHED then how to play the high ball screens better, or how to hedge on threee point shooters better and on and on!!!!! Stop with the generalalities and "Fight" and "Grind" Cal those arent the problems. COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked how Leach gave him a 10 second warning at the end of the show and the computer still cut him off in mid sentence. I wonder how long he continued to ramble.

my memory of it was he did not take calls, just him and Leach talking

but maybe that isn't correct
I’m getting at the age that I sometimes doubt my memory, but I seem to remember a caller telling Tubby that recent years haven’t been good and Tubby coming back with something to the effect of sweet 16’s and Elite 8’s aren’t that bad. Maybe it wasn’t a caller, but the host. It wasn’t “ugly “, but there was some criticism and some pushback.
Again though, that’s just how I remember it. I could be wrong. I do remember the thought of Tubby sounds like a guy defending his job, and not a guy looking for the exit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT