ADVERTISEMENT

No Bradshaw for Miami.

It would be a bad game to return.Weak team would be the best because I think it will take some time before he's really a big help.

That, to me, says that the team has a plan for his return and they'd rather not divulge (as almost all coaches do). I know how his words might appear. But that would be a huge gaffe on his and his camp's part to let it be known they are calling the shots on when he returns and he's told to keep quiet. And I don't think they'd make that mistake of him letting their giant Sharpe-esque plan to slip out to the world.

We all kind of suspected he might not be ready for Miami. This doesn't surprise me. What will be surprising is if he's not playing against Penn in two Saturday's from now. If THAT happens, then it's time to start worrying and asking questions. It would be right at the absolute tail end of his expected recovery time, and also right before a rival game against UNC.

He has to play the Penn game.
glad that is what is says to you, to me it says more of the same old crap

basketball-hoosiers.gif

glad that is what is says to you, to me it says more of the same old crap

Let's remember, the Sharpe-situation is still a one-off. No matter how we feel about injury ambiguity, players taking a long time, maybe protecting their bodies for draft night.. they have ALL come back at some point in the year (unless season ending injury).

When Ty Ty and Cason had injuries many people here convinced themselves they were going to shut it down. And then, when they came back, it seems those posters never really acknowledged they were wrong, and instead just sort of created this false reality in their mind that Cal and those players did the program dirty.

But ultimately, all these players we thought were going to screw Kentucky over.. they all came back. The only one was Sharpe. I still think what he did will in no way be the norm, if for nothing else, it hurts Cal's image and chance to win FAR too much. There's no way Sharpe's draft night was worth the headaches for Cal in his mind. It was too much of a distraction all year AND he took the St. Peters loss. No way that Sharpe going 4th or whatever made up for all that.

who do the fans want out more.......that is the ?

One coach has expectations and the other doesn't. One program is expected to win big and most UK fans know the other never will win anything that matters.

So I'm gonna go with wanting the coach gone that has struggled to maintain expectations.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
For those of you skeptical he ever plays for UK, I get it, BUT this is a very different situation. He (and Klutch) need him to have some college run. Otherwise too many questions about his (foot) health, and his very thin body holding up vs NBA PFs

Big shocker. What a joke this is
How is that a joke. Dude just started practicing. He wasn’t going all out or full contact right away. The season isn’t about to end. Settle down . Not sure why people expected him to play. Not to mention Miami doesn’t have anyone over 6’10”

Stoops. He could theoretically still peak and make more money. Cal's exit from Lexington signals defeat and any other destination is a step down. Although it'll be spun as "a dream scenario I just can't pass up".
Stoops is the 7th highest paid football coach in America. Shocker but that was the info given during the A&M flirtation.

who do the fans want out more.......that is the ?
Honestly from total fan perspective it might be 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. Speaking for just me from a total coaching view Stoops is the better coach.

One coach has expectations and the other doesn't. One program is expected to win big and most UK fans know the other never will win anything that matters.

So I'm gonna go with wanting the coach gone that has struggled to maintain expectations.
I don't want either one of them out but if I had to vote I would easily say Stoops. He has reached his pinnacle at UK. I cant see UK moving upward in the future. Although we will have a good team , the SEC just got much stronger. It is going to be even more difficult to ever have a winning record in the SEC. I will follow and cheer but in reality, not much hope that we ever play for championships under Stoops. Cal has at least given us some top rated teams. While the last 3 years havent gone well, we have a chance of championships in the future. Maybe this year.

How is that a joke. Dude just started practicing. He wasn’t going all out or full contact right away. The season isn’t about to end. Settle down . Not sure why people expected him to play. Not to mention Miami doesn’t have anyone over 6’10”
Miami is ranked higher than UK bubba. Undefeated too. 7th game tomorrow night. 1/4 of the season. Yeah, no need to move this along.

That was word two months ago
Isn’t it crazy when we played in Canada it was a 2 week injury fast forward 4 months later and he’s still just a couple weeks away….. I wish we were just a couple weeks away from Cal retiring…… This $hit has gotten old quick…

Reactions: jmw23712
Once again. Everyone should just expect that he isn't going to play at all.
Then if he does you get a nice surprise and a nice addition to the team.
Zero sense in fretting over something we as fans have zero control over.
I get it,it sucks but it is what it is. Best shooting teams in many years. Maybe as good there has ever been at UK.
But it will go to waste without at least one big man playing. Because this team will not go far in March without a big man.

Few things, first I am generally in the camp that players specific injury status and where they are in rehab is non of our business, we should be given a vague timeline and vague updates and people shouldn't get all butt hurt thinking guys are not trying to get healthy and on the court. What i don't understand however is if you are going to go on instagram live and acknowledge the question, saying "I can't say" in response. It is your health if anyone can say it is you. If he is fully healthy and can practice 5 v 5 full go then he can play 5-10 minutes in a game.

someone also stated people not coming backing from an injury was a one off, that is not true either Wheeler last year and Clarke RIP covid year both I believe could have played again but chose not to. Wheeler was addition by subtraction and Clarke's year was a dumster fire and Covid year so nothing to come back for really.

Players first

It's not about you.

It's about these kids

And a bunch of other cool sayings that have nothing to do with actually winning on the court.

Until proven otherwise, I am sorry, but right now it’s hard to argue against that Bradshaw is not another Sharpe situation. I pray I am wrong. We need Bradshaw really bad.
So the Sharpe situation has happened once in Cal’s tenure, so now that’s the norm instead of the rare occurrence? Makes sense.

Reactions: University-6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT