ADVERTISEMENT

NIL

There's going to be all kinds of re-nigging on some of these deals with teams as they are doing whatever it takes to get the kid on campus and it will get to where kids go where there's structured deals set up by well-known companies.

Anybody living and dying by the results of college FB and BB in this NIL and portal era is wasting their time IMO. It's a total crap-shoot but I love that we have one of our own as coach now with a fun style. I'll just kick back and enjoy it for what it ultimately is - entertainment.
it is actually renege.

does he mean in the NIL pot? because 2 boosters swore to put in 4 million themselves and it wasnt the crafts. so maybe the Crafts are waiting to NIL players themselves instead of putting it into a collective.

How much does Bama have? They seem to be getting anyone they want just like KU.
Clifford was a big get, the Pepperdine and USF were good pick ups but neither big money NIL asks.. and then Holloway, who's paying a 30% FG and 30% 3pt shooter a bunch of money? so its not like they are big spending unless Sears pulls his name out of the draft
All well & good to brag about numbers

Start using them, buy Lanier! I cannot in any universe believe Knoxville has more basketball NIL than what we are talking about having.
its going to come down to more than money, its going to come down to which coach 's pitch for the system and role that appeals to him the most
I agree! But something isn't quite adding up when Kentucky has literally struck out on every top-tier tranfer in the portal and getting beat by the likes of St. John's, Baylor and Alabama. If it really is only about the money like we are being told, then there is no excuse that Kentucky doesn't at least get a few of these transfers that are at the top of our list.
Williams and Carr were at the top of Pope's list. As far as Roach, Pope was literally by himself and ABIII was still on staff at Baylor when they got to Roach first ... I dont think its sane to blame the guy for losing a recruit in that situation. You cant blame him for Deivon Smith , once again F*ck you Admissions!!!!!!!! Pope chose not to pay Osobor or Davis So I guess you can ask why he chose not to try and pay for them is a fair question. I also think you are not realizing that a lot of the "top tier" players , Pope hasnt been going after , only reaching out to them because he's trying to find fits for the program and a whole lot of these players wants to be a ME guy and not a WE guy that pope is looking for
So we have $5.7 million in NIL and couldn't afford Davis for $1.2 million?

I'm guessing no one on our roster has gone for more than $500,000.

Are we saving for Lanier and Robinson?
if you get 10 players at 500K each, thats 5 million as you know

Talked about that with the family. Would prefer giving to Club Blue but don’t want to give up holding the season tickets. Like your idea but not sure the NCAA wouldn’t view these credits as UK-direct fundings of NIL

Talked about that with the family. Would prefer giving to Club Blue but don’t want to give up holding the season tickets. Like your idea but not sure the NCAA wouldn’t view these credits as UK-direct fundings of NIL
Yeah… but since when do the NCAA rules matter any more on NIL? Seems to me a whole heckuva lot of what is going on now under the guise of “NIL” is not at all what NIL is really supposed to be.

Most don’t believe it because they don’t want to or they don’t understand how small of an amount that is to some of these donors. Top Players were getting a million two decades or more ago (should have seen the offers my teammates Keith Bogans and Joe Forte got as Jr’s in HS) so a million, two, ten is peanuts. Some blow that in a night in vegas.
There's not enough information to know what is/was really happening. $1 million that long ago for Bogans and Forte seems highly suspect. The highest number that they came up with for Anthony Davis was only $200k.

Were they given the cash upfront from a booster with no strings attached other than playing for the school of the booster's choice, or was it an "advance" from an agent with the expectation that it would be paid back over time for using that agent's services?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wonder if the NIL team is reaching out to large corporate sponsors etc for donations? It's odd to ask granny for her last $25 in one of the poorest states in the country without hitting up the big corps in the state that may give. Businesses are where the meat of NIL could come from if it's done correctly.

if there is a bright spot to any of this NIL stuff is that fans will feel more "ownership" (for lack of better word) of the program.

Used to be people would say "I'm a season ticket holder" with some clout

Now another focla point will be centered around NIL contributions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT