ADVERTISEMENT

Nike, Under Armour & Adidas passing on Lonzo Ball

[laughing]

Mayne his dad will realize he really IS a dipshit once his actions start affecting the money.

Reactions: jarms24
Just read his newly hired agent is a lawyer hired by his dad to head up the their Ball Sports Group. Lonzo will be his first ever client but obviously Lavar still will be calling all the shots.

What a shame for that kid. At some point he's going to have to man up and distance himself from his dad. Not sure he's got the cojones to do so, but it's inevitably going to have to happen.
Unfortunately the reality of the situation is if he becomes good enough the shoe companies will fight over the chance to give them what ever they want.

Never seen such a toxic dad before.
Agreed. If I'm Lonzo, I may give my dad a million bucks to shut up and go away for life (on the business side of things). Far less than it will cost him in the long run if they continue down this pass.

NBA teams are gonna end up passing on ball because of his dad and the media attention it will draw. Oh and the fact that Deaaron Fox is flat out better than him and proved it twice.

He's just like Jo Jackson. Taking it too far with his kids and trying to be a power hungry manager looking for the dollar signs for himself before his own kids well being. The money will come. You shut your mouth and let Lonzo do his thing, BBB could probably be worked into it's own little contract down the road, especially with how popular Chino Hills is right now. But this was handled all wrong and destroyed any chance BBB and, more importantly, Lonzo had at getting a healthy contract by a top flight company as well as support from teams that would have probably otherwise wanted to draft Lonzo.

I'd bet anything he's going to get passed by teams who really want him but don't want to take the chance with him because of his dad. Unless it's a team that has a Pat Riley or a Phil Jackson who I know would put him in his place.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I agree with everyone saying his dad cost him here, but I just don't see the kid as being a big time sneaker seller. He just isn't that marketable as of now. At least in my eyes. I still want to see how his game adapts to the League as well.

[roll] Yeah and Ole Fox just stepped in as the Rooster of the hen house!!! He just keeps slapping Daddy and Son Ball.....seems like this will be a trend going forward. Not a darn thing they can do about it either. Only Fox can mess up Fox at this point...[roll] Couldn't have happened to nicer people than the Ball's.... Oh yeah, it seems a little Teague pecker checking lesson was applied too for good measure..(Figuratively of course but that was enough in this instance and the instances to come.)

rotflcgu [roll]

Anxious to see who goes first in the draft now (Between Fox and Ball) with this trend....

I remember reading Lonzo saying his dad is his whole world.Unhealthy for a 19-year-old and he needs to make the break for his own good.

Unfortunately the reality of the situation is if he becomes good enough the shoe companies will fight over the chance to give them what ever they want.
Fortunately I don't think I've ever seen such an overwhelmingly overrated potential number one pick in all my life. I think he has bust written all over him. He isn't now and won't ever be be half the PG Fox is. I think if they want the BBB to get signed it has to be before his NBA tenure starts, because once it does start he's going to get exposed for the fraud that he is. And then daddy will have a lot of splainin to do once his son is a lower tier NBA PG. As a Lakers fan I pray to god they don't pick Lonzo as I legit feel he's not half of what anyone hypes him to be. Today's top tier NBA PG's are too quick and way too good defensively for him to do anything about it. His game is perfect for the college level IMO. But we saw what happened when he went up against Fox. He was overwhelmed. He couldn't stay in front of Fox to save his life and UCLA had to hide him in a corner. And he had a very tough time creating and making plays with Fox disrupting his offense.

These NBA PG's will eat him alive on defense and offense at will, thereve been some not super fast PG's to be great HOF Caliber PG's in the league like Kidd and Nash. But they compensated lack of speed and quickness with superb ball handling and ability to change speeds so the vision they have can be utilized. Ball doesn't have that other intangible those other PG's had, I'm really not sure how he's gonna be able to get around a lot of these guy's in order to use his vision the way he would want. And those players were doing this in yesteryears game. And as far as his defense goes, team who gets him will need to find a way to hide him in the corner because I don't think there's a consistent starting PG in the entire league that won't be able to abuse his poor defense and do whatever they want on offense.

I also don't think Nash would be the way he was in today's game at all either. Today's NBA PG's are a different breed than the game has ever seen. Ball will get be exposed and mark my words. He'll likely get a second contract but it's not a guarantee. And when/if he does. It'll be to fill a roster spot as an 8-10th man as a backup PG. That's how I see his career coming to fruition. And I hope to god he doesn't go to the Lakers. The Lakers really screwed me big time passing up on Murray (he was by far best scorer in draft and we took a project instead of a scorer who we desperately needed), if they screw me again by taking this once in a generation type of overhyped overrated player. Then I guess I'll just stop caring about the NBA outside of UK players anymore. Monk is the next Kobe, so they can either screw me again or makeup for the screw up of not picking Murray and pick the guy who can replace Kobe.

Wouldn't be mad if we got Fox either as I believe he's better than Wall was coming out of college just not nearly as hyped up. The only difference between the 2 IMO is they both have same speed. But Fox never ever seems to go too fast for himself he's always able to play under control at full speed and hardly turns the ball over. That was Wall's one issue IMO coming out of college was time to time he lost control going at the speed he does and would turn it over. Fox and Monk are both very underhyped and underrated IMO and both are ready to take the world by storm as the 2 best players in this class. I also believe Monk has the potential to be an All Star in his first season, he can jump as high as Westbrook, but the thing is I've never seen a player hit contested jump shots at such an efficient rate in my entire life. He's the one player that I've seen people play perfect defense on, and every time they did Monk would rise up and shoot and I felt very confident in the shot going in every time, The teams who pass up on him will very quickly regret it.

Last edited:
Never seen such a toxic dad before.
EI_60555_MZ31809_TMI01_146.jpg

Simple solution.

Lavar Ball just needs to buy a sweatshop, set up supply lines, hire marketers, designers, distribution channels, a scalable global IT network, spend hundreds of millions on advertising, and produce the shoes and merchandise himself.

That would be truly balla'.

Lonzo will have such a big target on his back, ands it's really no fault of his own. His dad needs to sit down and shut up.

Simple solution.

Lavar Ball just needs to buy a sweatshop, set up supply lines, hire marketers, designers, distribution channels, a scalable global IT network, spend hundreds of millions on advertising, and produce the shoes and merchandise himself.

That would be truly balla'.
That lazy loudmouth couldn't even find $50K in venture capital.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT