ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Hmm, I thought Kaden Moorman and Jerry Easter might have been the priorities for primary pg and backup cg
They all are being evaluated still--Mikel Brown made a huge impression on a lot of programs with his showing at Team USA Trials. Jasper Johnson is a combo option--but Lewis, Magwood, Easter all are being evaluated.

Also will be interesting that next Live Period is a 2 day window on June 11/12th at NBA Top 100 Camp. It's the best event for Live Period because guys cross Shoe Camp Circuits and get matched up. So 100 of the top players in the Country going at it and coaches who want to evaluate their board can see some matchups head to head. Also with the PG position can see how players operate with highly talented teammates and if they can distribute/get guys going or just look to get their own.

Have to throw in Kingston Flemings too. Know UK had eyes on him at Puma Event--(Brooks) during 1st Live Evaluation Period.

UK will be able to pitch instant minutes at virtually every position without promising those minutes. We'll lose Kriisa, Butler, Brea, Robinson, Williams, Carr, and Almonor.

That's a ton of rotation minutes to dangle in front of some of these elite incoming freshmen.
Interested to see how many 5 stars Pope takes. You'd hope ''only'' about 3-4.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Hopefully, just Johnson, Riley, and Yessoufou.

Then get Moreno and Magwood and maybe a 4-star/3-star guy or two for down the road.

Need to leave a couple of spots for portal guys.

I definitely don’t want to see more than seven Freshmen on the squad and don’t want to see more than four playing big minutes. Johnson, Riley, and Yessoufou start and/or see big minutes. Maybe Moreno as a backup to Garrison. Other than that, I don’t want to see Freshmen playing tons of minutes.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The college game is going to change a lot after the 2024-25 season when there are no more players getting the extra Covid year. The price for the dwindling number of star transfers is going to skyrocket and there just aren’t going to be that many to go around. That also means the teams will be younger and it may not be such a disadvantage to have a lot of youth.

Hopefully our non-seniors will return and we can have some player leadership to demonstrate the standard the freshmen need to live up to.

Hopefully, just Johnson, Riley, and Yessoufou.

Then get Moreno and Magwood and maybe a 4-star/3-star guy or two for down the road.

Need to leave a couple of spots for portal guys.

I definitely don’t want to see more than seven Freshmen on the squad and don’t want to see more than four playing big minutes. Johnson, Riley, and Yessoufou start and/or see big minutes. Maybe Moreno as a backup to Garrison. Other than that, I don’t want to see Freshmen playing tons of minutes.
There's no way you pass on Dybantsa or Thomas if you can still nab either of them.

There's no way you pass on Dybantsa or Thomas if you can still nab either of them.
True. I’m just not getting my hopes up for either of those guys.

I feel like we have a very realistic chance of landing Johnson, since he is a legacy and grew up on our doorstep (you step across the street in Versailles and you’re in Lexington).

I also really think Riley ends up in ‘24.

I am envisioning a class of:

Johnson
Yessoufou
Moreno
Magwood
A 4 or high 3-star project (yet to be determined)

Hoping we return Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah.

Then add 2-3 portal guys to fill in the blanks.

True. I’m just not getting my hopes up for either of those guys.

I feel like we have a very realistic chance of landing Johnson, since he is a legacy and grew up on our doorstep (you step across the street in Versailles and you’re in Lexington).

I also really think Riley ends up in ‘24.

I am envisioning a class of:

Johnson
Yessoufou
Moreno
Magwood
A 4 or high 3-star project (yet to be determined)

Hoping we return Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah.

Then add 2-3 portal guys to fill in the blanks.

I could see Harwell also, who he was recruiting at BYU.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Seems a little risky for coach to be renting and driving his own car there. I assume he is staying in a nice hotel, couldn't they have arranged a trustworthy driver for him?

He looks like a Wisconsin player for sure. They have made a living getting fundamentally sound guys like him. He looks solid.
Actually Iowa likes him a lot and they've done a great job evaluating college post prospects with Garza and Owen Freeman this past year who was Big Ten FOY.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Think it was Shaudy who was asking me about Kiyan Anthony a few weeks ago. Well he had 42 pts in a game at NBA Top 100 today in front of the NBA Scouts. He's leading scorer at the Event through today too. So if you were high on him-great call. I've not seen him much other then the LuHi HS games and he was solid but not like this.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
What do you think of Nikola Bundalo? Seems like one of the only 2024 big men with “Pope” skills, on paper at least.

Think it was Shaudy who was asking me about Kiyan Anthony a few weeks ago. Well he had 42 pts in a game at NBA Top 100 today in front of the NBA Scouts. He's leading scorer at the Event through today too. So if you were high on him-great call. I've not seen him much other then the LuHi HS games and he was solid but not like this.
I haven’t watched him yet but I just saw people saying he was doing good in the EYBL sessions .

I can only imagine the hype of Lebron kids if they were actually putting up numbers like Kiyan .

What do you think of Nikola Bundalo? Seems like one of the only 2024 big men with “Pope” skills, on paper at least.
I'm a fan of his skill set/face up ability. He plays with an edge as well. Know that UConn offered him after the 1st Live Period before "Hurley/Lakers Mania" hit. Not sure if he has any leaders or who is on him big time but Bundalo had a huge Adidas Italy Camp overseas too.

Reactions: true blue1
I haven’t watched him yet but I just saw people saying he was doing good in the EYBL sessions .

I can only imagine the hype of Lebron kids if they were actually putting up numbers like Kiyan .
I'm still stunned how actual media people speak about Bronny as a player. It's ****ing weird. To see 2 women (Ramona Shelbourne and Malika Andrews) who have never played rip Kendrick Perkins for asking why the hell they are always talking about a late 2nd RD/UDFA so much was last straw for me with how out of hand things truly are with not just ESPN's awful coverage of the NBA (Silver should go TNT/NBC/Peacock and dump ABC/ESPN altogether IMO) but also their weird agenda to have women always down talking men who have the experience actually playing the sport. If it wasn't Shelbourne and Andrews, it's Kimes talking like she's a front office exec or Kimberly Martin etc...

As far as I am concerned--ESPN should just start ESPN-W the channel and keep all that **** on that channel and leave the real sports to people who don't give a **** about HR being happy and just want experts and coverage of the sport and not "debate" for pushing fake narratives.

Anthony has been quiet as have his parents who have to this point behaved normally which is refreshing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT