ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

He would Be a good one to get. Maybe not a sure fire 1 and done but has a SGA element of getting to his spots and scoring multiple ways. Good size.
I like him a lot. Can get to the hole through defenders and can make off-balance shots off the bounce that are almost impossible to stop.

Brooks flying out to Colorado today to watch UK targets at the USA U18 camp.
Image-5-24-24-at-10-00-AM.jpg

Playing in Kentucky This Season

The good news for Kentucky fans is that Big Blue Nation have the chance to watch AJ Dybantsa and Utah Prep several times during the 2024-25 season. Playing in the Grind Session, Utah Prep participates in the Grind Session Bluegrass Signature Series which features events in Calloway County (Dec. 5-9), Christian County (Dec. 12-14), Louisville (Jan. 2-4), and Paducah (Jan. 9-12).

Last edited:
Jeepers, that is a lot of games in kentucky. If I were a Dukie or a uconn fan I would not like this news. I wonder if pope had anything to do with steering him there. I wouldn't think our coaches have had enough time on the job to engineer this.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We need to get Moreno and Johnson. Hope we can get someone like Easter or Acuff. I’ve seen we have made inroads on some of them lately. Love to have a shot at Dybantsa but he will be a tough one to get.
There are lots of point guards and combos in this class. Very deep. Gotta like the fact that Easter's dad said, "We’ve been watching Kentucky our whole life. We love Kentucky. Derek Anderson went there. Jerry works out with Derek Anderson.” :)

Jasper Johnson on Pope, one of seven current NCAA Division I men’s basketball head coaches who won a Division I national title as a player.

But Johnson, as well as other top college basketball recruits, clearly see value in Pope having been there and done that as a player at UK. This aspect of Pope’s profile should also be of particular appeal to Johnson, given that his father (former Harrodsburg, UK and NFL football player Dennis Johnson) also formerly wore blue and white with distinction. “He’s been there, really hearing his message and putting it into my game and stuff like that,” Johnson added about the advantages that come with having a college coach with championship pedigree as a player. “It’s always a good thing having a coach that played the game.”

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article288601805.html#storylink=cpy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT