ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Find it kind of amazing that UK isn't showing much, if any interest in 3 of the best shooters/scorers....mcandrew, Perry, flagg.
Actually pretty stupid that the highest paid coach still doesn't understand the necessity of shooters

Reactions: Fox2monk
Find it kind of amazing that UK isn't showing much, if any interest in 3 of the best shooters/scorers....mcandrew, Perry, flagg.
Actually pretty stupid that the highest paid coach still doesn't understand the necessity of shooters
McAndrew isn't getting a lot of big time interest and he's a late sleeper. Duke/UNC started to come watch him but part of the reason is that PIT competition is bad. The EYBL has allowed some of those teams (EYCL) to compete with the top teams and today the City Rocks took the doors off Pulley 95-57. McAndrew played well as expected, but Jack Robison played how he's played far too often when facing guys on bigger stage.

UK has offered and recruited Perry. He may not want to go to Kentucky. I'll defer to native Kentuckians here but they've seen him play during HS, etc...and maybe he's told them he's got other schools in mind.

Flagg-they are recruiting. Just being realistic. They've been to all of his games, talked with him, etc....but they aren't leading. Not sure what you want to hear regarding him?

Antigua was watching Boogie Fland in 1st Half

Believe Chin Coleman is probably watching Tre Johnson's game as he's playing right now as well and didn't see him on the Livestream at Fland's game.

Approaching the late games with Team Final and Team Thad about to play along with NH Lightning the recap of the last slot UK related is:

Boogie Fland in his last EYBL game put up 11 pts 5 rebs 2 assists in an 8 pt win. Fland was 3-8 FG, 1-4 3pt and 4-4 FT

Tre Johnson's team had a 20 pt win over Team Melo and he had 14 pts 3 rebs 2 assists in his last game of the EYBL. Shot 4-9 FG 2-5 3pt 4-5 FT.

Kiyan Anthony played for Team Melo and had 21 pts 5 rebs 2 assists on 7-13 FG, 2-7 3pt and 7-10 FT.

Coach O is courtside watching Team Final. They are up 6 after 1 and it all happened when Wright left the Quarter and Nowell/Bethea took over.

Haven't seen Chin--maybe he's watching Team Thad (Jasper Johnson)?

Meanstreets beat CP3 so believe that means Meanstreets is #1 in Division and no matter the outcome, Team Final advances due to head to head win over CP3.

McAndrew isn't getting a lot of big time interest and he's a late sleeper. Duke/UNC started to come watch him but part of the reason is that PIT competition is bad. The EYBL has allowed some of those teams (EYCL) to compete with the top teams and today the City Rocks took the doors off Pulley 95-57. McAndrew played well as expected, but Jack Robison played how he's played far too often when facing guys on bigger stage.

UK has offered and recruited Perry. He may not want to go to Kentucky. I'll defer to native Kentuckians here but they've seen him play during HS, etc...and maybe he's told them he's got other schools in mind.

Flagg-they are recruiting. Just being realistic. They've been to all of his games, talked with him, etc....but they aren't leading. Not sure what you want to hear regarding him?
Would be bad to strike out with the all time leading scorer in KY high school history. The kid probably knows he wouldn't get a lot of time since he isn't a 5*

Not going to doubt Brandon Ramsey of KSR who is at Adidas but when he mentioned Chuck Martin was at Zoom Diallo's game, he didn't mention he was playing against VJ Edgecombe and that's a guy Chuck Martin watched yesterday and was recruiting at Oregon. Just saying let's wait and see as I'd love Diallo to be back in play but UK was treading cautiously with him being a WA state kid who stayed out West for Prep and is rumored to be doing same in College. Hope it's true he's interested in UK seriously but just saying that's something to pay attention to regarding Edgecombe.

Not going to doubt Brandon Ramsey of KSR who is at Adidas but when he mentioned Chuck Martin was at Zoom Diallo's game, he didn't mention he was playing against VJ Edgecombe and that's a guy Chuck Martin watched yesterday and was recruiting at Oregon. Just saying let's wait and see as I'd love Diallo to be back in play but UK was treading cautiously with him being a WA state kid who stayed out West for Prep and is rumored to be doing same in College. Hope it's true he's interested in UK seriously but just saying that's something to pay attention to regarding Edgecombe.

Interesting. I like Diallo.

Interesting. I like Diallo.
Kentucky does too but they are treading lightly. Showed him extreme interest right out the gate in March/April and then held off on offer due to him not wanting to leave West Coast apparently. We'll see how this ends up-but take note that Martin has now watched every game VJ Edgecombe has played and he's a fantastic prospect. Would love to see him get a UK offer.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Some guy called Wyatt Huff claiming Cal won't offer Bethea.Any truth to this?
Could be. Friend is down at Peach Jam and watching games now, but they've seen parts of 2 games of Team Final and Cal never saw any of their game yesterday was he was down there.

That being said, they talked with someone deeply connected to Team Final and maybe they were told they wouldn't land him or he's got other plans (Pro Ball?). UK not landing someone happens but when they don't offer someone who basically has begged them offer, something is usually up.

I'm a huge fan of Bethea's game, but don't know the inside stuff they would have access to.

Could be. Friend is down at Peach Jam and watching games now, but they've seen parts of 2 games of Team Final and Cal never saw any of their game yesterday was he was down there.

That being said, they talked with someone deeply connected to Team Final and maybe they were told they wouldn't land him or he's got other plans (Pro Ball?). UK not landing someone happens but when they don't offer someone who basically has begged them offer, something is usually up.

I'm a huge fan of Bethea's game, but don't know the inside stuff they would have access to.
I could see them not offering because Bethea only wants to play PG, not be a combo, and UK is is more interested in teammate Nowell as the main PG.

Aren’t recruiting priorities usually pretty clear by Peach Jam for UK?

Is the 2024 class unusually murky?

I could see them not offering because Bethea only wants to play PG, not be a combo, and UK is is more interested in teammate Nowell as the main PG.
Credit to Wyatt Huff for churning out stuff down at Peach Jam. He had this interview with Nowell:

Definitely seemed interesting that he visited UT and UConn but thinks he’s done with visits before announcing. Would seem to suggest not UK

Team Final got a 1 pt win in a game they actually had to have if they lost-3 way tie for 2nd place and tiebreakers decide it-they'd have lost simply by the way they all reacted after winning.

Ahmad Nowell had 13 pts, 5 rebs 5 assists, 2 steals on 5-12 FG 2-6 3pt 1-2 FT

Jalil Bethea had 16 pts 6 rebs 1 assist 1 steal on 7-14 FG, 2-6 3pt.

Robert Wright had 24 pts 5 rebs 4 assists, 9-19 FG 3-8 3pt and 3-8 FT

Wright, who hasn't been a favorite of mine to watch, had a big hoop to cut it to 1 and then had to leave game because he had wind knocked out of him on the drive--so Sorber was chosen by opposing team and he made FT to tie. After giving up the lead on other end--Team Final went for tying hoop--Wright got swallowed up throwing up an awful shot got putback foul-split the 2 FT's and in scramble for reb-went off JL3--Some reason they fouled Wright up top 20 feet from hoop with under 2 secs left and he sank both FT's for the win and advancing to Playoffs tomorrow.

Reactions: Smashcat
I have to correct myself too. PSA somehow advanced in a less than strong bracket. So Boogie Fland lives to play another day. Mea culpa.

Also FL Rebels would've advanced had they won today's game against NJ Scholars and the amount of time they sat Karter Knox is even stranger seeing how they were willing to piss away an opportunity for a Playoff appearance.

If Somto stays in 24 will we have a shot at Quaintance?
Yes. Quaintance skill level and want is to be a forward and not just a big. So having a Center in place would be good. That being said...let's see how rest of things go with Somto--still believe he's possible to reclassify or at least arrive in December for practice and then being the big next year.

Jasper Johnson had 15 pts 4 rebs 2 assists in his team's win over Team Durant.

Jasper shot 7-16 FG, 1-5 3pt.

Has a lot of SGA to his movement on the court, only I think he's more athletic and a little faster, not as developed with his jumper yet (as expected)

Exhibit A. That looks exactly like a move Shai does

What is best case scenario for UK 2024 class?

Who at PG?

Richmond
Peterson reclass
Knox
Quaintance
Cyril

?

Scuttlebutt seems Nowell and Bethea not real options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT