ADVERTISEMENT

Nike paid the Bagleys...

Nikes commercial " want it all" made me think that Nike was pushing kids to Duke. Has a kid going to Duke and making it to the NBA. Featured LeBron and Durant in the commercial. That commercial might as well have been a Duke recruiting video. Then LeBron and his agent are seen at same coffee shop in LA as Cam Reddish. He commits to Duke. No shock at all that Nike is paying the Bagleys. It's absurd how obvious it is that Duke and UNC are the NCAA darling schools and they don't even try to hide it.

Nothing will come of this. See UNC. That place is like the Bermuda Triangle stuff seems to disappear and no one can explain it.

Home run!!! That's what we ought to start calling Tobacco Road... The Bermuda Triangle. Stuff just
mysteriously disappears never to be seen or heard from again. Try this stuff at Cleveland State and they will swarm their poor souls.

This needs to be spread to the 4 corners of the Earth. The NCAA is no doubt in bed with Duke, but maybe there will be some collateral damage that results from it.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
It doesn’t matter Rat Face and dook will take the lance Thomas approach again, they simply will refuse to talk about it and you dam well know the NCAA will drop it as sad as it maybe .

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Not one word of it on Duke Boards. NC State of course has something to say about it. According to PackPride.com, the local media in the Triangle have mentioned not a word. I sure would like for the SEC to bring NC State in along with Virginia Tech to balance east and west and NC State to get them out of having to deal with North Carolina at Chapel Hill and to a lesser extent, Duke.

This is a non-issue. Bagley was actually eligible after his sophomore year, so his JR year he was only taking electives.

In addition, any money his family received was b/c his dad was a renown coach receiving a completely justifiable salary from a company from whom which wasn't even his employer.

I know this b/c Coach K said Bagley was a welcomed addition to the Duke family, so that means there is zero chance any rules could have been broken b/c the integrity of Coach K and the Duke would never be associated with any questionable activity.

What I've always wondered about, is how the camera always shows the parents of the Duke players in the stands during the Duke games. My question is. How can these parents afford to travel these long distances to the Duke games? Who's paying for these trips? Parents of players at other schools are never showed at their sons games.

Still noone mentioning this very well researched fact based piece by the oregon writers. Wetzels retweet was the most it got that I can tell.

Ridiculous

Lol, I’ve mentioned this a half dozen times here over the past few months. Parrish and Norlander talked about it a good bit on their podcast before the season even started. Why’s everyone making a big deal about it now?

Coach K and Capel are the dirtiest players in the game and nobody of any importance in the media have the balls to investigate them. The same with Roy "Dad Gum" Williams.
Why waste time investigating...do you honestly believe the ncaa would do anything to unccheat or Puke no matter what the evidence was? Keep dreamng.

Reactions: westerncat
The NCAA knows Capel is dirty and he will be the fall guy for K if it were to come to that, K having Capel on his staff is enough to check any suspicious activity out. Duke getting the 123 recruits should be a red flag, dukes day of reckoning is coming. They have been so close to getting exposed, it can't happen soon enough.

Anyone that thinks duke or unc will so much as see a letter of disapproval from the ncaa at anytime in history is an idiot. Those programs could have agents walk on the floor just before the tip and present a check for $200k and nobody in Indy would bat an eye.

This needs to be spread to the 4 corners of the Earth. The NCAA is no doubt in bed with Duke, but maybe there will be some collateral damage that results from it.

Agree 100%. I don't have Twitter, but someone who does should retweet that article to the NCAA, and every news wire out there........Not saying Duke did anything wrong here, but after reading that article it would be hard to argue that Bagley's amateur status hasn't been compromised.......Duke would be a totally different team if Bagley wasn't able to play moving forward.

Some of you guys who regularly follow sports writers might want to tag them in some social media posts and inquire about why they are seemingly MIA for this huge story.

If enough dust is kicked up about Dook, UofL may lose their '86 Title as well.

You all know this will never see the light of day. Duke can do no wrong. Duke & UNC are bed together. Along with Kansas.

Reactions: member-chewy
Bagley is an excellent student so don't think there's any there there regarding his getting eligible.

Now Duval is a totally different story which of course no one questions since it's Duke.
I don’t know I swear I remember there being questions about Bagleys grades his junior year. Then he somehow skips an entire senior year in the course of a couple month to end up at a supposedly great academic school? Doesn’t smell right at all.

And yeah Duval is a joke too.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Some of you guys who regularly follow sports writers might want to tag them in some social media posts and inquire about why they are seemingly MIA for this huge story.

If enough dust is kicked up about Dook, UofL may lose their '86 Title as well.

I saw wetzel and Dan Kane tweet about it. Hopefully Dan Kane will pick it up and dig into it.

He single handedly out the massive UNC fraud story in the media

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is NO DOUBT in my mind, NONE, Duke and UNC are, BY FAR, the biggest cheating programs of modern times.

There is SO much evidence to prove it, but as we all know and said here, the NCAA is in bed with them and will not touch them.

Honestly, if I were a fan of either school, I'd be ashamed after all that has come out about them and all the cheating they've done, and continue to do.

Reactions: Cawood86
But what should be done about it? There’s nothing illegal about it. The NCAA has no governance over AAU or Nike.

The NCAA has no governance over a kid's family being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars due to their son's athletic ability and marketability?

I've always found it interesting how much Duke and Carolina fans hate each other when they're exactly the same people in different color shirts.

Well, when Enes Kanter's parents received a few thousand dollars on his behalf when he was 16-17 years old from a pro team in Turkey ( there are no amateur teams there) for his tutoring and expenses when traveling, which they placed in an account to be repaid if need be to preserve his amateur status, the NCAA led by Crooked Mark Emmert determined that he had forever lost his amateur status and would never play for UK.

So how is that not showing that the NCAA does have "jurisdiction" when a 17 year old's parents receive 10's of thousands of dollars from a shoe company?

The NCAA has no governance over a kid's family being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars due to their son's athletic ability and marketability?

I've always found it interesting how much Duke and Carolina fans hate each other when they're exactly the same people in different color shirts.
You win the interwebs today. Bravo.

Reactions: GonzoCat90

Because they don't hate each other. It's a fabricated rivalry because of distance and success. Really they respect each other's ability to cheat at high levels and succeed. NCSU and UNC = hate. Duke and UNC = mutual respect / same program.

There are some reporters digging but it's very difficult to get things to stick to Duke. Everyone knows Duke is caught up in this mess and that's why they hit the homerun class. The FBI doesn't care about Duke and their private status. Hopefully the NCAA is forced because that's what it would take.

What I've always wondered about, is how the camera always shows the parents of the Duke players in the stands during the Duke games. My question is. How can these parents afford to travel these long distances to the Duke games? Who's paying for these trips? Parents of players at other schools are never showed at their sons games.
I have occasionally seen parents of other school's players, like the midget's dad at UMBC, but they sure don't show UK player parents much that I recall. They usually just try to pan to the biggest loser in the crowd like a 55 year old man in face paint or a goofy looking old lady looking down at her phone.

Reactions: Zakk Wyldcat
Because they don't hate each other. It's a fabricated rivalry because of distance and success. Really they respect each other's ability to cheat at high levels and succeed. NCSU and UNC = hate. Duke and UNC = mutual respect / same program.

There are some reporters digging but it's very difficult to get things to stick to Duke. Everyone knows Duke is caught up in this mess and that's why they hit the homerun class. The FBI doesn't care about Duke and their private status. Hopefully the NCAA is forced because that's what it would take.

But they play sixty five times a year! Do you know how dramatic that is? All within the same calendar month! You can't manufacture that kind of rivalry (believe them, they've tried).

Reactions: morgousky

Wait. We have a new winner. Sorry, @GonzoCat90 this is exactly correct.

Reactions: GonzoCat90

Duke didn't win their first title until 1991. How much of a rivalry could it have possibly been pre-ESPN? I know you know @morgousky. Just speaking in general terms here. I mean, ****, is Duke really even a true blue blood? Take away their two gift wrapped titles (2010 and 2015) and one could make a case that they're not.

Duke didn't win their first title until 1991. How much of a rivalry could it have possibly been pre-ESPN? I know you know @morgousky. Just speaking in general terms here. I mean, ****, is Duke really even a true blue blood? Take away their two gift wrapped titles (2010 and 2015) and one could make a case that they're not.

Duke is the most fabricated program in history. I suspect when K dies the program will die with him.

If the NCAA lets schools hire players parents to be coaches to get that player to commit how would they justify an AAU coach being paid by the AAU programs sponsor. Nike, Adidas, and UA dump millions of dollars into AAU ball every year. Kids get free stuff from those companies year round. Half the coaches are players dads and the ones who aren’t are still very influential in the players lives. This isn’t anything new. Is it shady as hell? Yea, but that’s what AAU and college basketball is these days. You think the Clifton brothers weren’t cashing in on that AAU money?

The issue is that th we companies are allowed to pay the AAU coach. If the coach happens to be the father of the top prospect then the show Company could use that as a way to overpay the coach which I don’t think is against NCAA rules because there isn’t a limit to the hat you can pay a coach even though everyone knows why they are doing it.

Personally I use the glass house approach as a fan and most fans should since they don’t know what skeletons are in their teams closet. Even more so now since we have seen the list of players who have received money, which includes former players from 99% of the blue blood teams

There wasn’t much national outrage when Bam appeared on that list that showed players getting paid so I doubt there would be outrage now. So many players have been named at top schools that it isn’t that big of a deal any more since no school is 100% clean as far as taking a player who accepted money.

All in all who cares, you still have to beat a team on the court. I hope they allow all players to profit off their talent. The only people who don’t want that are either greedy because it may cut into their profit or selfish since no money would come out of their pockets

If this were one of ours.... outside the lines and Nantz interviewing Cal.

Crickets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT