ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Mingione press conference.....

Berm implies a hill to sit on. General admission would be the bench with a back. Just my thoughts anyway.

That's my thoughts too. I remember reading that it was going to have less seats than CHS. Why would you do that if you have any desire to host a regional? I mean....If you do get a regional are you bringing in temp seating and looking cheap and behind the times again?

Does UK have 2,400 season ticket holders? That is not the case now with The Cliff, I have attended and bought good seats at the ticket booth before going insi,de the stadium!
If we do, they sure don't show up regularly. We get what an average of 1,600-1,800 per game.I hope with the new coach, and an entertaining team, we can get the avg. attendance up by quite a good number.

I don't think attendance will be an issue with a brand new stadium. The Cliff can be difficult to find if you don't know your way around campus plus parking is a mess.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I don't think attendance will be an issue with a brand new stadium. The Cliff can be difficult to find if you don't know your way around campus plus parking is a mess.
If they win attendance will take care out itself. IF it happens (stadium)I live in Lou and I will all get downas much as possible

Does UK have 2,400 season ticket holders? That is not the case now with The Cliff, I have attended and bought good seats at the ticket booth before going insi,de the stadium!
Remember winning takes care of everything. Look at Otis

Anyone have some sort of time line for when Nick might actually hire some coaches? It has been a week and we don't really have any word. Not that I am in a big hurry, but I am pretty darn curious. lol

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Anyone have some sort of time line for when Nick might actually hire some coaches? It has been a week and we don't really have any word. Not that I am in a big hurry, but I am pretty darn curious. lol

I'm right there with you. I think you'll see assistants being hired in the next week or so but definitely after the CWS.

I think Belanger would be a pretty solid choice. He has some experience in that he's been coaching since 2008. I also love that he pitched for Williams at Louisville and then he even coached with/under Williams for at least a year. I think that is pretty invaluable given the success that Williams has had. He's a pretty young guy, but with some experience. I think he'd work quite well.

Agree, but the free admission was at the request of the major donor Jim Patterson and maybe he subsidies the tickets
True, free admission was a stipulation for his donation but I doubt that he would subsidize tix on an ongoing basis. But I think free admission would certainly be a big factor in anyone's attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT