ADVERTISEMENT

Ngongba to Duke

Don’t worry too much bc Duke ain’t winning anything soon so they can get all the recruits they want. Scheyer isn’t K
Didn’t he win the ACC tournament his first year there. And was able to adjust his coaching style and line up later in the year that saw Duke improve late February…

I personally think Jon is the perfect “new era” type of coach, young, motivated and is willing to make adjustments on the fly. It’s crazy he got the Duke job as his first head coaching job but I’m on the belief that he will probably end up being a dang good coach.

Didn’t he win the ACC tournament his first year there. And was able to adjust his coaching style and line up later in the year that saw Duke improve late February…

I personally think Jon is the perfect “new era” type of coach, young, motivated and is willing to make adjustments on the fly. It’s crazy he got the Duke job as his first head coaching job but I’m on the belief that he will probably end up being a dang good coach.
Great recruiter, 1st year as good or better than ccc, won acc tourney, able to make adjustments.
Will probably win the ncaa before ccc does. No drop off from k

Guarantee USA Basketball is helping with it.
Duke has a better sell.

Better academics, which impresses the parents.

Better campus, which impresses all of them.

"Set for life", which is BS, but it still helps.

Cal has never really amped up how Duke's guys have historically flopped in the league. I wish he'd add a cutthroat guy to the staff like Rondo to make that happen.

Duke has a better sell.

Cal has never really amped up how Duke's guys have historically flopped in the league. I wish he'd add a cutthroat guy to the staff like Rondo to make that happen.
Academics....🤣🤣🤣🤣...gimme a break

Not too much of a surprise here, as we rarely come out on top when it’s a Duke vs. UK battle, but I still like the class we can still put together.

Parents care about how things look. Just take a look back at the Jabari Parker recruitment. It will tell you all you need to know. I'm not asking you to agree with it. I'm just asking you to be intelligent enough to realize that parents care about keeping up with appearances.
Not really. These kids are gonna be there a few months. The benchwarmers parents may care.

You should be intelligent enough to know that.

Good player, just we would have a hard time trying to get him to come here with Cyril and maybe one of Onyenso or Ivisic still on the roster.

Not really. These kids are gonna be there a few months. The benchwarmers parents may care.

You should be intelligent enough to know that.
I'm not trying to insult you at all, but rather just point to reality. Reality is that the parents care about appearances. I didn't mean to come off like I was insulting you, so I hope you don't take it that way.

Well, it's been over a decade now and how many titles have Kentucky and Duke combined to win since both teams decided to ride and die with the OAD model?

The game has changed and that's why I don't get all that excited when we sign top recruits anymore.
That is unfair and inaccurate about Cal/cow. He has been all over the transfer portal.

Great recruiter, 1st year as good or better than ccc, won acc tourney, able to make adjustments.
Will probably win the ncaa before ccc does. No drop off from k
Well that’s a big assumption but let’s see what the future holds.

I'm not trying to insult you at all, but rather just point to reality. Reality is that the parents care about appearances. I didn't mean to come off like I was insulting you, so I hope you don't take it that way.
I get what you're saying. I would say some parents might care. Some don't. It's all about getting attention and getting drafted by most I would say. No issues brother at all.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Academics....🤣🤣🤣🤣...gimme a break
You don’t think so? The school is amazing. No, these top rated guys are certainly not 4 year college students but their academics are certainly a selling point.

You don’t think so? The school is amazing. No, these top rated guys are certainly not 4 year college students but their academics are certainly a selling point.
Spare me. These players do not take the same rigorous schedules at any school that most other students do.

Duke has a better sell.

Don't forget, they also get birthday cards and other little perks the rest of their lives.

It's kind of disingenuous to make the claim "See, Duke wasn't going to fall off once Coach K retired".. NIL completely changed things. Duke was absolutely heading for SOME kind of drop off once K left, but now that schools can pay players whatever they feel like, Duke got bailed out quite nicely.

And we will see how it plays out, Scheyer still has to coach, and there's really only been one guy who can consistently make freshman-led teams work.. and it's not any coach at Duke.

Reactions: gharding07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT