ADVERTISEMENT

Next year will be a rebuilding year

Mar 30, 2024
Let that thought sink in. We’re a junior/senior ladened team from a starter perspective. This is a guess as to impact players that will leave after this year. I feel pretty confident none of these guys will be here next season. Not that they’re all world beaters, but we’ll lose the nucleus of our defense and not many of our freshmen have played or likely will play unless we make it to a bowl game. I could also see Vandagriff leaving as well since we’ll have no OL again (will probably be worse) and his one good WR target will be gone. Too many holes to fill in the portal with very little NIL $.

Maxwell Hairston
Sumo Karngbaye
Deone Walker
Dane Key
Barion Brown
Dumas Johnson
Octavios Oxendine
Zion Childress
JJ Weaver
Alex Raynor
D’Eryk Jackson
Marquez Cox
Courtland Ford
Gerald Mincey
Eli Cox
Tree’vonn Rybka
Alex Afari

The only good news is that if we fail to make a bowl or even if we go 6-6 this year, Stoops is likely to bail knowing that next year there is a good chance we go winless in the SEC.

Last edited:
Then what the **** is this year?
This is the season that we had our best shot at going to the playoff (albeit not a good one). Unfortunately, yet again, we have one of the worst offenses in the country. We’re averaging 1 touchdown per SEC game. Just think how next year will go when we lose 3 starters and top backup from our Oline, our best offensive weapon and most of our defensive starters.
There’s a common denominator as to why we’ve never had a great offense in 12 years with 5 different offensive coordinators, and his name rhymes with poops.

Last edited:
Yep that’s pretty scary. And if Brock has even an ounce of confidence in himself, I can’t imagine he sticks around. I know he’s been terrible but he’s a five star recruit that was good enough to go to Georgia. I think he’s better than what we’re seeing.

And what in the world is going on with Chip? I’m assuming we’ll never see him in a UK uniform.

Last edited:
You woke up every morning from April through August thinking we had a chance to make the CFP?

Yeah. I never thought UK had a shot at the playoff. That means going 10 and 2 and UK never does that n modern era. Don't think we see 9 and 3 again n NIL era either.

I know people will say 9 and 3 gets some in and I agree. It will be the big brand teams though like a bama or uga or osu, etc. They aren't putting a 9 win UK team over those types of teams.

Reactions: UKBrassowTipIN
You woke up every morning from April through August thinking we had a chance to make the CFP?
The best chance we will have for the foreseeable future. Did I think we would make the CFP, with this coaching staff? No. With a good coaching staff, it would have been possible to have a 2023 Missouri type year if things fell our way. I actually think we have a good defense, but Stoops will never have a good offense. It's not in his genes. You could get the best offensive coordinator in the country and bring him here, and Stoops would undermine him the entire time.

Reactions: blubo
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Eh. I'm only worried about offensive line. Barring portal miracle, they will actually get worse. Defense might not be as good, but they'll still be good.

Disappointing ???

Does Vandergriff have another year ? I thought he only had one year remaining ??? I would maybe rather have him for a second year (maybe he improves after finally getting game reps and a off season to work on his many issues), than start all over with a green QB or another transfer QB having to learn the system. Unless said transfer would be a top stud portal guy.
We have a couple young, talented RB;s who I think can be really good, but O-Line is going to determine that even. Where are Key and Brown going ? Definitely not up in class, maybe they transfer, but it will not be to a better situation. If they was to land at a Bama or Georgia as a example, they will not get the reps they get at UK, too much talent to beat out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT