ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT up Ball State Fri, Sat, Sun.....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
The Cardinals are a pretty good ball club coming in to town. They are 9-3 on the season, with wins over among others, Liberty, Northwestern and USC upstate. They lost big to Iowa (16-6), and Liberty (13-0), but have been pretty solid overall.
They have a team batting avg. of .266, and a fielding pct. of .970. They have hit 7 HR's as a team, their best pitcher is 4-0, but he is a relief pitcher. Their starters are somewhat average however, all with records of 1-1 on the season.
I believe this will be the best team to come into Lexington so far, and will provide the Cats good solid competition before they begin SEC play next weekend @ Alabama.

Thank God, the weather will actually be nice this weekend, even a little warm for this time of year, high 50s and sunny.

I am ecstatic over the beginning of the season but it seems to me that we have done this for several years only to falter badly once the SEC schedule begins. Hope this season is different and they can keep this up. AJ Reed is just killing it!

Originally posted by bigbluegrog:

I am ecstatic over the beginning of the season but it seems to me that we have done this for several years only to falter badly once the SEC schedule begins. Hope this season is different and they can keep this up. AJ Reed is just killing it!
Agree, we have had good starts to the season several times in the past. The SEC is every bit as tough in Baseball as it is in Football, and if we can hold our own there, and win the majority of our OOC games, we can make the NCAA tourney.
We do not play LSU, Arkansas, or Miss. State this year, that is good for us believe me. We do of course play USC, Vanderbilt, Florida, UGA, Tennessee, Mizzou, A&M, Bama, Ole Miss, and Auburn. Still a very tough SEC slate.

Blowing a three-run 9th inning lead against Ball State is not going to get the fanbase excited

WOW, talking about revenge 24-1! Chandler Shepard sharp 7innings, gave up 2 hits, walked 2, 1 run, and struck out 8! Reads like hitting throughout lineup! Anyone know who's on mound today?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT