ADVERTISEMENT

New stadium seats

1977 Cat

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2006
lexington
Anybody know which seats you want to choose? I posted this on the House Of Blue and not any response. You all are baseball people, so I wanted your opinion.

I imagine it might be hard to pick in a new stadium. Hard to know where the best views are without experiencing it.

All I know is I'm shooting for the home plate grandstand. I drove by the stadium yesterday. Theres a ton of work left to be done but getting excited.

I imagine it might be hard to pick in a new stadium. Hard to know where the best views are without experiencing it.
Like fb I'm wondering if you're going to be able to check seats out by clicking on them and seeing what the sight line looks like?

I’ve had season tickets for 13 years but don’t get to select seats until next Wednesday afternoon. I’m just hoping to be in the stadium. UK Athletics went with KFund priority as the basis for selection order. Loyalty to the baseball program and actually attending games meant nothing.

I’ve had season tickets for 13 years but don’t get to select seats until next Wednesday afternoon. I’m just hoping to be in the stadium. UK Athletics went with KFund priority as the basis for selection order. Loyalty to the baseball program and actually attending games meant nothing.
I'm with you. I had four when nobody wanted them. Now I don't select till Monday. I had seats on the fifty yard line in the football stadium ( bought them when Joker was coaching) my new seats are on the 30 yard line. I'm considering canceling everything. I've had enough.

Reactions: law1127

I've had seats since 2009 and dont pick until Thursday. I think it's an absolute joke what UK did this season. Im hoping for the reserve sections behind home plate but im not holding my breath.

I just picked, got section 105 on the 5th row, looks like the center section (106) is mostly gone, but plenty of seats in other areas. FWIW, the system worked great, bought my seats in about 5 minutes.

I just picked, got section 105 on the 5th row, looks like the center section (106) is mostly gone, but plenty of seats in other areas. FWIW, the system worked great, bought my seats in about 5 minutes.
Were there many seats left on the aisle in the Homeplate Grandstand sections?

I feel like anyone should be able to go on and at least view available seating.

Were there many seats left on the aisle in the Homeplate Grandstand sections?

When I selected this morning there were still some aisle seats in the home plate grandstand area (as I was looking for some myself) but they all were at row 12 and higher. I ended up in section 107 row 3 two seats in from the aisle.

When I selected this morning there were still some aisle seats in the home plate grandstand area (as I was looking for some myself) but they all were at row 12 and higher. I ended up in section 107 row 3 two seats in from the aisle.

me too, wanted closest to the field

me too, wanted closest to the field
In Cliff Hagan I had basically section 107 row 11 and 12 on the end of the row.. This morning I got the same seats but row 13 and 14 and on the end of the row. I am still going to write a letter to Mitch Barnhardt. That's no way to select seats for baseball. I feel sorry for longtime season baseball ticket holders who haven't selected yet. Loyalty works both ways!

In Cliff Hagan I had basically section 107 row 11 and 12 on the end of the row.. This morning I got the same seats but row 13 and 14 and on the end of the row. I am still going to write a letter to Mitch Barnhardt. That's no way to select seats for baseball. I feel sorry for longtime season baseball ticket holders who haven't selected yet. Loyalty works both ways!

I'm just hoping to get into the reserve section. If not, then I don't know if I'll get tickets or not. I don't pick until Thursday. And my family needs 7.

I'm just hoping to get into the reserve section. If not, then I don't know if I'll get tickets or not. I don't pick until Thursday. And my family needs 7.
I picked yesterday afternoon. There were 9 seats left in the Homeplate Grandstand sections. There were three seats together in three different areas. I only wanted two seats. They won't allow you to leave one seat alone, so I was unable to get two seats. I either had to buy 3 or choose Dugout Grandstand (Basically General Admission). I usually get to games early so I chose the Dugout Grandstand seats. I also saved $100 since those seats aren’t tied to a K-fund donation. Good luck with your selection process today.

I picked yesterday afternoon. There were 9 seats left in the Homeplate Grandstand sections. There were three seats together in three different areas. I only wanted two seats. They won't allow you to leave one seat alone, so I was unable to get two seats. I either had to buy 3 or choose Dugout Grandstand (Basically General Admission). I usually get to games early so I chose the Dugout Grandstand seats. I also saved $100 since those seats aren’t tied to a K-fund donation. Good luck with your selection process today.

How you feeling about that Cliff? Will that hurt you when picking or trying to upgrade in the future?

I appreciate the information. My family has decided not to get tickets anymore. It sucks because we've had tickets for 10 years and I feel like UK gave us the middle finger over the process this season. I set with a couple last year who only got tickets to be able to get seats in the new stadium and were high on the K Fund list. The husband said they only go to 2 or 3 games a year. But, it is what it is. I'll find better things to do on a cold March day.

Reactions: CliffDweller25
How you feeling about that Cliff? Will that hurt you when picking or trying to upgrade in the future?
I really think loyalty should have been considered more. They scan tickets when you enter the stadium so they can easily see who actually attends games and who has tickets only to boost their KFund standing. That being said, I love the games too much to not buy tickets. I’m kinda looking forward to sitting in different areas of the dugout grandstands to get different vantage points. As far as the future and upgrades, I’ll just have to see how these tickets work out.

I really think loyalty should have been considered more. They scan tickets when you enter the stadium so they can easily see who actually attends games and who has tickets only to boost their KFund standing. That being said, I love the games too much to not buy tickets. I’m kinda looking forward to sitting in different areas of the dugout grandstands to get different vantage points. As far as the future and upgrades, I’ll just have to see how these tickets work out.

I agree. Reward those that have been there for a long time and have struggled through the cold before we got the cool new stadium. Those that only do it for KFund don't care where the seats are. Might as well allow the hardcore fans to pick first instead of making them lose status.

Chose seats this afternoon and only have general admission over the dugouts. No assigned seat even with season tickets in that area. First come, first serve.

Parents/families are in 101 and 111. No assigned seats there either.

Chose seats this afternoon and only have general admission over the dugouts. No assigned seat even with season tickets in that area. First come, first serve.

Parents/families are in 101 and 111. No assigned seats there either.

Ridiculous. What's the point of season tickets if you get no seat reserved? Silly.

Ridiculous. What's the point of season tickets if you get no seat reserved? Silly.
In theory you will have a reserved seat. Only a certain amount will be sold. You might have to choose a different seat each game depending on how early or late you are. But there should be a seat available. Again, I say “in theory”. Now we’ll have to see if the ushers will do their jobs.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
In theory you will have a reserved seat. Only a certain amount will be sold. You might have to choose a different seat each game depending on how early or late you are. But there should be a seat available. Again, I say “in theory”. Now we’ll have to see if the ushers will do their jobs.

Yea, but there really is little difference in a GA at the gate and a season ticket for most games. You'll have a handful that the season ticket might save you from missing out on a ticket.

I could've saved myself the $400+ and just used the player/family/friends tickets, but I wanted a guarantee of a seat no matter what time we arrive. Now, even though we have season tickets, we better get there early or risk sitting who knows where and try our best to sit together.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

I wonder this year if they will have the "open the seats up 30 min after the start of the game". If people pay big money for those seats, I would think they wouldn't be given to someone who paid to sit on the berm. BUT I also see that if someone doesn't show up, does that give UK the right to let someone else sit there? I can see both sides.

I wonder this year if they will have the "open the seats up 30 min after the start of the game". If people pay big money for those seats, I would think they wouldn't be given to someone who paid to sit on the berm. BUT I also see that if someone doesn't show up, does that give UK the right to let someone else sit there? I can see both sides.
I’m guessing they will continue with the 30 minute policy. You know as well as I do that at least half of those home plate reserved seats will be open most games. Like you, I don’t agree with how everything happened but I am kinda looking forward to watching from different areas of the park. I think being able to walk around the entire stadium will be fun also. I’m really hoping they don’t allow photographers to stand on the dugouts.

I’m guessing they will continue with the 30 minute policy. You know as well as I do that at least half of those home plate reserved seats will be open most games. Like you, I don’t agree with how everything happened but I am kinda looking forward to watching from different areas of the park. I think being able to walk around the entire stadium will be fun also. I’m really hoping they don’t allow photographers to stand on the dugouts.
Will never forget the guy getting hit in 2017 regional...I think we all know that the majority of the folks get priority will only use those tickets about 30% of the time. Feel for you guys. Know a guy who has/had 2nd row tickets and really gets into the games, spent some time a the ticket off raising some cane about his choice. This was on fb fan day.

Reactions: CliffDweller25
Will never forget the guy getting hit in 2017 regional...I think we all know that the majority of the folks get priority will only use those tickets about 30% of the time. Feel for you guys. Know a guy who has/had 2nd row tickets and really gets into the games, spent some time a the ticket off raising some cane about his choice. This was on fb fan day.

The guy getting hit that night was hard to watch. I remember seeing him drop to the ground.

As for the selection process, this is all I have to say. UK felt the need to cater to the big money and the ones who give to the K Fund. I cant fault them for wanting to reward that. But, I think there should have been a greater emphasis given to the fans who had tickets for several years. I actually spoke to someone on twitter over the weekend who has had season tickets since 1999 but couldnt select seats until Thursday. And by that time, all reserved seats were gone. Now, how is that fair? Its over and done with, Ill still cheer the team on, but thats as far as my contributions go.

The guy getting hit that night was hard to watch. I remember seeing him drop to the ground.

As for the selection process, this is all I have to say. UK felt the need to cater to the big money and the ones who give to the K Fund. I cant fault them for wanting to reward that. But, I think there should have been a greater emphasis given to the fans who had tickets for several years. I actually spoke to someone on twitter over the weekend who has had season tickets since 1999 but couldnt select seats until Thursday. And by that time, all reserved seats were gone. Now, how is that fair? Its over and done with, Ill still cheer the team on, but thats as far as my contributions go.
At The Cliff standing on the dugout didn’t block anyone’s view. Now it will.

I don't know how many long term season ticket holders and regular attendees there are, but I have to imagine that there would be plenty of seats left for big donors after those people picked. It's all because it's a status symbol to have a fancy seat in a new stadium for those people and not because they love baseball or the team.

I don't know how many long term season ticket holders and regular attendees there are, but I have to imagine that there would be plenty of seats left for big donors after those people picked. It's all because it's a status symbol to have a fancy seat in a new stadium for those people and not because they love baseball or the team.

I wish I could like this a thousand times.

Or show up for the games 40% of the time!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT